9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140809_201623.jpg

#1 9 years ago

My 16/17 yr old son is having his first house party. The basement/garage had been converted into a night club and there is an explosive mix of teenage boys and girls getting up to whatever they get up to. It is of course alcohol free, but I can't check 'every' back pack. So there are a lot of things I could be nervous about, and a few parents have called and pre screened the evening.
    Sex, drugs, alcohol.. All that I can handle.. but nothing could prepare me for this horrific scene though..

Flipper sharing..good grief
    . 20140809_201623.jpg20140809_201623.jpg

#2 9 years ago

deviants......

#3 9 years ago

Expect the same things you did on that age .... and you will be fine
    (or not, depending your answer to the first question )

#4 9 years ago

When I was a kid that is how we made our money last longer - sharing! When my son was little that is how we played, it was great fun.

I think this could be the start of "doubles" league nights. Or trying to get your wife interested.

#5 9 years ago

"split flipper" tournaments exist at Expo and PAPA (or did, I think PAPA's has died?), so it's not like this isn't a long and storied tradition.

It's actually an interesting way to play--my girlfriend and I certainly play in a more thoughtful way when we can discuss what to shoot for or what move to use to get the ball back under control. Nudging, on the other hand, is hard.

#6 9 years ago

That fellow on the right seems to be 'patting the machine' to replay!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kids-these-days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.