You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kids 2 (resized).JPG
kids 1 (resized).JPG
kids 2 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Most of the time, it is me and my 50-year old + friends playing my games.

This past weekend I brought my Sing Along to a large youth event at my church and the teens loved it. Was played almost non-stop for 2-days. Left it up there and came to church on Sunday to find a group of younger kids huddled around the game looking mesmerized.

Great to see! I am going to include a 'Pinball Party' with one of my games as a silent auction item at our fundraising dinner next weekend.

kids 2 (resized).JPGkids 2 (resized).JPG

kids 1 (resized).JPGkids 1 (resized).JPG

kids 2 (resized).JPGkids 2 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Very cool thing to do.

#3 7 years ago

I think most kids would love to play pinball if only given the chance.

#4 7 years ago

My 10 nieces & nephews love playing EM's. The only issue I had was a 3year old who
Liked grabbing keys ... I've since added game specific keychains for each game

#5 7 years ago

Need to teach them to slap a quarter on the glass to wait their turn...

#6 7 years ago

Sure beats weaving lanyards.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Indeed. Good to see a new generation learning to love the Silverball.

#8 7 years ago

Very nice! That photo is so perfect, it looks like a commercial!
I've been doing a thing with my church for about a year now and that is when I finish a game that I don't have room for, I put it in the church where the teens gather and they store it there. It normally stays there for about a month and then I rotate another one in. Cheaper than paying for storage!

The kids really love it and the minister does also!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I already made like infinity of those at Scout Camp.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I've been doing a thing with my church for about a year now

They are in the early stages of remodeling our youth room. I had that same thought as a plan for when they finish.

Or if I can find a relatively inexpensive multi-player game (all my games are single players), I might just get that, fix it up and give it to the youth program. Might be better if they have a game they can compete on as there is almost always a group of kids there.

2 weeks later
#11 7 years ago

That is really cool that you did that. Good choice of game. I bet the kids really liked making the sequential kick-out holes operate.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

They are in the early stages of remodeling our youth room. I had that same thought as a plan for when they finish.
Or if I can find a relatively inexpensive multi-player game (all my games are single players), I might just get that, fix it up and give it to the youth program. Might be better if they have a game they can compete on as there is almost always a group of kids there.

I think you should just open an arcade in the area and grab all their lunch money!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hedgesville, WV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kids-love-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.