Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinballboy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

42616375-A2F3-40DF-9483-BBCE0FBD09AC (resized).jpeg
    3F495E00-BA73-40EC-BCAF-61239A88E076 (resized).jpeg
    82EEF506-6CE5-426C-87D0-DFD33C99BA60 (resized).jpeg
    C3E23B97-0B3E-4146-ADC4-08390FF6EE4A (resized).jpeg
    4BC2DB95-4DA9-4B5C-B8A0-93DBC2ABAB7B (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

My name is Caysen and I am a 14 year old kid in the hobby. It might sound weird but I thought it would be cool to see if there are any kids like me that are into the hobby.

#2 2 years ago

Just wanted to welcome you to the hobby! I was probably your age when I got into it, and I still consider myself a kid at heart - although my age may disagree. Hopefully this is only the beginning of a long and happy pinball journey for you.

If you’re ambitious enough to do maintenance and basic repairs, then there is a wealth of information here and you can acquire a lot of good skills you’ll be able to make use of.

#3 2 years ago

Hello Caysen

I am seeing more younger pinball players in my arcade. So you are in good company.

Have fun !
    LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

Welcome -my son is same age and we enjoy the hobby and hitting shows.
    If you get a chance, come check out Golden State Pinball Festival this spring. Enjoy!

#5 2 years ago

My son is 11 and he is a pinhead. Too bad he lives far away from you. Have fun!

#6 2 years ago

sevenrites
    I actually have been in the hobby for a full year now and have learned to do lots of different electrical work. I have now restored 3 machines. Here are the pictures of them.

4BC2DB95-4DA9-4B5C-B8A0-93DBC2ABAB7B (resized).jpeg4BC2DB95-4DA9-4B5C-B8A0-93DBC2ABAB7B (resized).jpeg82EEF506-6CE5-426C-87D0-DFD33C99BA60 (resized).jpeg82EEF506-6CE5-426C-87D0-DFD33C99BA60 (resized).jpegC3E23B97-0B3E-4146-ADC4-08390FF6EE4A (resized).jpegC3E23B97-0B3E-4146-ADC4-08390FF6EE4A (resized).jpeg
    #7 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

sevenrites
    I actually have been in the hobby for a full year now and have learned to do lots of different electrical work. I have now restored 3 machines. Here are the pictures of them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that is pretty impressive! Have you considered doing a homebrew machine? Glad to see a person my age here, I thought I was the only one!

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

sevenrites
    I actually have been in the hobby for a full year now and have learned to do lots of different electrical work. I have now restored 3 machines. Here are the pictures of them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice Caysen .My kids are 13 and 12 .They will be helping out tonight with maintenance and cleaning of our 4 pins .

#9 2 years ago

My grandson is now 9 and likes to play them when he's over. He was probably 3 when we stood him on a chair to flip away.
    Nice pins pinballboy

#10 2 years ago

Hopefully I’m not the only one who finds this incredibly refreshing!? Nice job

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

I actually have been in the hobby for a full year now and have learned to do lots of different electrical work. I have now restored 3 machines. Here are the pictures of them.

You’re doing everything right! Way cool, congrats!

#12 2 years ago

In NZ we have a bunch of kids who play. I try and get them involved wherever possible.

Last night, I made 9 year old Lincoln my assistant Tournament Director and he ran a 60 person 3 hour flip frenzy.

He must be the youngest TD ever?

rd

3F495E00-BA73-40EC-BCAF-61239A88E076 (resized).jpeg3F495E00-BA73-40EC-BCAF-61239A88E076 (resized).jpeg42616375-A2F3-40DF-9483-BBCE0FBD09AC (resized).jpeg42616375-A2F3-40DF-9483-BBCE0FBD09AC (resized).jpeg
    #13 2 years ago

8 year son Mando LE fan here. Plays it almost daily. The LCD greatly enhanced interest.

#14 2 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. I don’t think there are a lot of teens actively posting here but it’s great to see fresh interest in pinball!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

My name is Caysen and I am a 14 year old kid in the hobby. It might sound weird but I thought it would be cool to see if there are any kids like me that are into the hobby.

I got into the cul- I mean, hobby at 19, and that was almost 6 years ago, so it’s becoming more prevalent! The younger generation, iGeneration or Zoomers, whatever finally sticks, is the future of pinball. Try to learn as much as you can from the old guys while they’re still around.

Some of the younger guys (middle aged) crowd like to reinvent the wheel! Then your local old timer Pinhead takes a look, diagnosis the issue in 3 seconds and with some bubblegum and a screwdriver they fix it!

You’ve done some amazing work already. Whatever parent/guardian is getting these for you is awesome! Unless maybe you can drive at 14, not sure
    Your parent/guardian is legendary for encouraging and supporting you!

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Wow, that is pretty impressive! Have you considered doing a homebrew machine? Glad to see a person my age here, I thought I was the only one!

I have considered doing a homebrew before

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kids-into-pinball- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.