Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paddle (resized).jpg
    brat1 (resized).jpg
    GirlsPinball (resized).jpeg
    quote-anyone-who-hates-children-and-animals-can-t-be-all-bad-w-c-fields-61729 (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

I don't think you are being overprotective at all. I want kids to play my games because they love them and I want to help keep the hobby alive by creating future pinheads. They aren't going to hurt the machine by playing it at all, I worry about things like the cab decals getting scratched or torn off etc. Had one kid come over and was just running aroun like mad putting four player games on every machine and running to every game and damn near ripping the plunger out of every game, then he took the keys out of every machine and thought it was funny and it took me awhile to convince him to tell me where all the keys were, goes over and puts his sticky fingers all over my TV screen, starts pulling all the tools out of my tool box......not a fun night and it did in fact stress me out. He also goes to my bobble head collection and starts going nuts with those and several of those are worth 500-600 dollars each. Should I have just not said anything and let him break them?

I told his dad about the bobble heads, told him to explain to the kid that they aren't toys and that they are worth a lot of money. I also understand that kids don't understand things like that too, so that's why they need to be supervised In my opinion. I couldn't believe that his dad just let him run wild like that either, unbelievable. If it's older games with painted cabs I wouldn't worry about those as much but the new games with cab decals I do. Putting on new decals isn't easy. I work hard for my money and I have a lot of money in my games, so I want to keep them in tip top shape because I take a lot of pride in them. I guess if that makes me a bad person or a prick then that's what I am.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My mom used whatever was handy. I'd take the Hot Wheels track over the plastic kite stick any day as that thing really stung.

o-din whatever she used on you it obviously wasn't enough lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kids-and-pinball-collections?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.