Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paddle (resized).jpg
    brat1 (resized).jpg
    GirlsPinball (resized).jpeg
    quote-anyone-who-hates-children-and-animals-can-t-be-all-bad-w-c-fields-61729 (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm curious what others do regarding kids(not your own) being allowed in your game room without adult supervision? My wife thinks I'm far to over protective of my basement game room. I don't want kids like neighbors, nieces, nephews, cousins in the basement without adult supervision. Some of them are overly rambunctious, and I just don't think they need to be around the pinball machines or playing them unless an adult is supervising. Some of these kids are constantly wrestling near the machines, sword fighting, and running around. My kids know how to act and even play them, so my kids alone I'm fine with being down there. I know ultimately these are only material possessions, but I like to keep my stuff as nice as possible. Anybody else have this? Am I over protective? Thoughts?

The best way to keep stuff nice is to keep others away from it, especially unsupervised children. A large dollar pristine collection is not a place for teachable moments for others children in my opinion. My friends all say you can't have anything nice with children running around and I'll take their advice. Kids are kids, some are very well behaved but many are not. This rule also applies to many adults. If you're not going to be okay with little nicks and scratches on your machine then I'd just keep them away from them or keep a close eye.

You could always buy machines that aren't perfect or players condition, then it just wouldn't matter. Some just don't care that much about the little nicks and scratches that a machine gets on the sides and legs. I bought my collection for my personal enjoyment so I don't put too much thought into how I can share them.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I bought mine for my own enjoyment, and a lot of that enjoyment comes from allowing others to enjoy them. Watching someone play who isnt a pinball afficionado is so much fun. They are actually letting their guard down and having pure fun (most of the time).

Sharing my collection with Pinheads or like minded friends or family is different than children in my opinion. Once the initial thrill of the hobby settles down, the social aspect is what keeps it going.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kids-and-pinball-collections?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.