Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

243238241_23848577968530509_6119291571854957893_n.png (resized).jpg
BF8DDF64-9B3A-48C1-AAE6-73075D1D04BE (resized).jpeg
58591288-CA55-418D-B964-FA9564065B02 (resized).jpeg
20220108_171006 (resized).jpg
23C24565-0C05-4530-A3E7-B075A276D92A (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Man I got a kidney stone for Christmas, had a surgery on Monday. Now it’s Saturday.

Good lord if any of you have had one of these, you are plus 5.

Drink lots of fluid so you don’t have to experience this. Seriously.

It just hurts man.

23C24565-0C05-4530-A3E7-B075A276D92A (resized).jpeg23C24565-0C05-4530-A3E7-B075A276D92A (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

This one passed through about 8 years ago. Pales in size to what you had I imagine.

20220108_171006 (resized).jpg20220108_171006 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

I've been sonic blasted twice, pissed blood and gravel for few weeks. But a nurse told me to drink lemonade every day to break up the calcium. Been 7 years since last stone, not one twinge. Give it a try .24oz for breakfast every mornin.

#4 2 years ago

Some of the worst pain I've had. Last time I was in Home Depot and it hit ( hard)....barely made it back to the restroom, passed out in the stall, and that's where they found me....had to do the blast thing too.

Sorry you went through that....I was so fortunate to get a positive virus test on the 23rd, right as family coming into town....( fully vaccinated, boosted, whatever)....102+ temp and my damn head was trying to explode.

Haven't had a stone in about 6 years....my immediate fix is non stop Heineken and pain killers until it gets too bad....hope you're better ( sounds like yours was worse than mine)...unbelievable pain..

#5 2 years ago

I've had one at Christmas 6-7 years ago and it was the worst pain I've ever felt. I vomited in pain several times while waiting for a doctor at the hospital. Later they blasted it and put a tube in to widen the passage and I could pee it out. After like a week or so the tube were removed again and pain/bleeding while peeing for several days after. I never want to do all that shit again.

#6 2 years ago

I've had 2 of them, horrible experiences. Ended up in the hospital both times. They could see the stones with a CT scan but were unable to pinpoint exactly where they were at on an X-ray so blasting them via lipotrypsy wasn't an option. I had to be put under and a scope was run up through my man hose so the Dr could find them. He then ran a tiny laser in and blasted them away like playing Asteroids. Then it was crane-claw time, small trap basket inserted to gather the pieces. After that, a Stent hose was put in to keep the swelling from closing things up and to allow pee to go through. Lost bladder control for a few days until things settled down. Stent was removed about a week later. Fortunately the removal doesn't hurt, just feel weird as the pull the tiny 2 foot hose out. Took about a month before things got back to normal.

I hope and pray I never get another one and I hope those of you who have had them never get one again either.

#7 2 years ago

Diet is important. Haven't had one since I quit eating white-rice a few years back. And most dairy too.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Diet is important. Haven't had one since I quit eating white-rice a few years back. And most dairy too.

I never got a definitive " wtf causes this" ...they told me to avoid soda....stopped cold turkey after first episode.....still hit me later.

Makes me nervous even talking about it...we all know...starts like someone is stabbing you in your lower back...then game on......shit

#9 2 years ago

I used to work with a guy that had some kind of medical condition that caused him to get kidney stones constantly, it happened so often that he would come in to work and be in the bathroom in agony peeing thru a screen passing them. He would show me the stones when he finally passed them and it would send a chill down my spine!

One of the main side effects of the seizure medications they just started me on is kidney stones so I’m trying to drink lots of water, Just thinking about it makes me feel like I’m whistling past a graveyard!

#10 2 years ago

Mine was from tea. Drank liters of tea for a few days in July (back around 2005) while shoveling dirt. Thought something was up when my pee was almost black. Struck me on the morning of July 4th. Went to the doctor to confirm what I suspected. They gave me morphine and a month to pass it, never did. They broke it up with soundwaves. The pieces got stuck. 4 or 5 trips to the ER. Finally told them to go in and remove it in October. So I suffered with one for over 3 months. Mine was calcium oxalate. Tea and many other foods and drinks are high in oxalates. Read this book and never had another one:

https://www.amazon.com/More-Kidney-Stones-Prevention-Treatment/dp/0471739294/ref=sr_1_6

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've been sonic blasted twice, pissed blood and gravel for few weeks. But a nurse told me to drink lemonade every day to break up the calcium. Been 7 years since last stone, not one twinge. Give it a try .24oz for breakfast every mornin.

I tried drinking lemon juice to dissolve mine. My kidney was so blocked that the juice came back out the same way it went in a few hours later.

#12 2 years ago

Sorry to hear. I hope you are on the mend now.

LTG : )

#13 2 years ago

I’ve had ‘em twice. The first one they had to go in and blast. I’ll spare the details. The second one I was lucky to pass thanks to some medication. Hurts like nothing else.

This is the nasty little bastard that popped out.

58591288-CA55-418D-B964-FA9564065B02 (resized).jpeg58591288-CA55-418D-B964-FA9564065B02 (resized).jpeg
#14 2 years ago

So you guys save these things?!

#15 2 years ago

I sure didn’t save mine, but had to take a picture or nobody would believe me!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

I sure didn’t save mine, but had to take a picture or nobody would believe me!

Would of made a nice necklace! I'm kidding, have had 6 or 7 attacks , 2 blasts, so I know it's not funny at all.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I never got a definitive " wtf causes this" ...they told me to avoid soda....stopped cold turkey after first episode.....still hit me later.
Makes me nervous even talking about it...we all know...starts like someone is stabbing you in your lower back...then game on......shit

I had one about 10 years ago. I drank over 200 ounces of diet soda a day for years and never have had another diet soda or even thought of having one since that dreaded day. I was told there are basically 8 general reasons for kidney stones. The chemical in diet soda was 1 of the 8. Pain will change you on a dime. Kidney stones suck!

#18 2 years ago

Pain will change you quickly. Indeed.

#19 2 years ago

Passed one tonight, was small.

Was peeing blood here and there for 2
Weeks but it never hurt thank goodness. I’ve had some doozys but it has been several years.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

I had one about 10 years ago. I drank over 200 ounces of diet soda a day for years and never have had another diet soda or even thought of having one since that dreaded day. I was told there are basically 8 general reasons for kidney stones. The chemical in diet soda was 1 of the 8. Pain will change you on a dime. Kidney stones suck!

What truly sucks is nobody really seems to have any idea what causes it or how to stop it.

There’s no medicine.

Every recommendation seems to contradict every other one. It’s confounding.

I had them once or twice a year for about 10 years it was horrible. Then it just kind of stopped. I have no idea why.

#21 2 years ago

After horrible lower back pain, vomiting, diarrhea , being balled up on the floor for a couple hours, feeling like I had to pee every 3 mins but dribbles came out that felt like razor blades. I passed my stone with a bit of blood in the toilet at the hospital. Horrific experience! I feel for all you guys, I’ve been there. I wouldn’t wish it alon anybody!
Not that it matters, but I was 25 at the time. I just hope it doesn’t happen again.

#22 2 years ago

I ended up in the emergency room on Christmas morning in 2019.

Never had one before so I wasn't sure what the excruciating pain was in my side that started in the middle of the night. After 5 or so hours of enduring the pain, I had my wife call the paramedics for an ambulance ride to the hospital. Doctor immediately knew what it was and put me on morphine.

CT scan showed it was too small for any invasive treatment so they sent me home with pain meds until I was able to pass it. The pain disappeared about a week later so I must have passed it at some point. But I had to stay on meds that entire time to keep the pain in check.

The pain was like nothing I've ever felt in my life. Definitely not fun. When I say "I feel your pain", I mean it!

#23 2 years ago

I've had 3 episodes in my life.They were all exactly 9 years apart.
emergency room visit every 9 years to tell me what i feared. Another stone.
Doc said quit drinking a 12 pack of colored soda every day for starters.
Haven't drank Coke or Dr. Pepper since.
I would rather slam my dick in the sliding glass door than go thru that pain again.
It feels like a football being pushed thru a garden hose inside of you

#24 2 years ago

Passed 3 stones in hospital over the years . Not fun pulling out cathider is the worst . Passed a few at home as well then bought some stone breaker on amazon . Take it a few days every 2 or 3 months apart . No stones any more thank the Peruvians

BF8DDF64-9B3A-48C1-AAE6-73075D1D04BE (resized).jpegBF8DDF64-9B3A-48C1-AAE6-73075D1D04BE (resized).jpeg
#25 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

fully vaccinated, boosted, whatever)....102+ temp and my damn head was trying to explode.

Non vax and non mask and I’m going through it as I type…this shit is merciless

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What truly sucks is nobody really seems to have any idea what causes it or how to stop it.
There’s no medicine.
Every recommendation seems to contradict every other one. It’s confounding.
I had them once or twice a year for about 10 years it was horrible. Then it just kind of stopped. I have no idea why.

I see that it’s almost like you just have to go through it.

The science to help people get through it better is not there. Or not developed further. IMO.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Man I got a kidney stone for Christmas, had a surgery on Monday. Now it’s Saturday.
Good lord if any of you have had one of these, you are plus 5.
Drink lots of fluid so you don’t have to experience this. Seriously.
It just hurts man.[quoted image]

Just had the lipto done on my left kidney Dec 21st, right was scheduled for Dec 29th, caughtt covid while at hospital for the procedure on the 21st so right kidney on the 29th was cancelled and now it's scheduled for this Weds the 12th.

They are no fun, and had the blasting 19 times already with Weds now being the 20th...... yeah I hate water lol.

#28 2 years ago

If its only a small stone. Try to find "pms-diclofenac" . Its a supository. Its my goto for kidney stones. In 10minutes , I am on seventh heaven.

#29 2 years ago
243238241_23848577968530509_6119291571854957893_n.png (resized).jpg243238241_23848577968530509_6119291571854957893_n.png (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kidney-stoned-for-the-holidays?hl=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.