(Topic ID: 60510)

kid walks into arcade has choice (poll incl)

By tp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Peppers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“which did he decide to spend his time on?”

• potc 28 votes
      17%
    • lotr 21 votes
      13%
    • tz 14 votes
      8%
    • spiderman 86 votes
      52%
    • tom 12 votes
      7%
      10%

(Multiple choice - 165 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09388.JPG
    DSC09390.JPG
    DSC09389.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

had our company picnic at knoebels today. my 8 yr old son and i decided to wonder off to the arcade. there before us sat, avatar potc tz tom spiderman,and lotr. which one did my 8yr old boy decide to play for 45min? yes

#2 10 years ago

Spiderman or POTC. Both kid friendly games that would attract his attention, would be my guess.

#3 10 years ago

I say potc, hard to resist that ship and maybe looks more fun from a glance.

#4 10 years ago

Guess it was not what you expected... LOTR?

#5 10 years ago

only if there's no redemption machine nearby.... ;-(

#6 10 years ago

My guess would be that to keep an 8 year-old's attention it would need a decent ball length so go with LOTR.
    Unfortunately when my niece came over from USA my line up included F14 and HS2 which didn't really keep her attention at all

#7 10 years ago

Avaturd

#9 10 years ago

Maybe he's a wizard angot to Valinor so I'll say LOTR.

Actually I would guess either SM or Avatar.

#10 10 years ago

so far spidys winning with 24 votes. interesting.... ill answer tonight.

#11 10 years ago

I was tossing up between SM and POTC but went with SM. I'm suprised there's so few POTC votes.

#12 10 years ago

Has to be spidey ever kid loves spidey

#13 10 years ago

I figure its based upon what attracts him, not a pinhead. POTC had alot of movies, its very likely that he seen it. Avatar was also a popular movies. My kids have spiderman phobia, since everything "kiddie" is made with spiderman. I.E. Spiderman underroos (underwear).

#14 10 years ago

well guess what guys...hes no ordinary kid. with a whopping 8 votes ...drum roll pleeeeaaase....tz who woulda thought. from the moment we walked in he was drawn to it . dont no why but i tried to entice him to one of the others by pointing out the toys and themes. he was having none of it and stayed focus on the task at hand, getting quarters from dad to play tz. good taste? beginners luck? act of god? or so freakin what? you decide

#15 10 years ago

TZ is a magical ride, just look at the freaking playfield! You have 1 smart kid there!

DSC09389.JPGDSC09389.JPG DSC09390.JPGDSC09390.JPG DSC09388.JPGDSC09388.JPG

#16 10 years ago

Yes, I got it right!!

#17 10 years ago

My dad is not a pinhead and did not watch the shows but TZ draws him in as well.

6 months later
    #18 10 years ago

I just came across this and thought I'd add a little something you might find interesting. At the end of the season TZ tied SM for first place (OK, Spidey won by $20 technically), and the next runner up wasn't even close. We watched them all season and TZ and SM went back and forth each week for the top spot. It was nice to see that an old pin can still compete with the newer titles. Also, let your son know TZ will be there again this season waiting for him!

Jon

#19 10 years ago

TZ has candy!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

only if there's no redemption machine nearby.... ;-(

Yeah, I would have voted for one of those damn rigged "key hole" games. The ones where the settings make them the equivalent of a slot machine.

#21 10 years ago

Think i am gonna vote TZ.... just a hunch

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Kid walks into an arcade has choice...

That sounds like the set-up to a joke, like "a priest walks into a bar". But what part of the kid was choice? He had choice...what? Eyebrows? Biceps? Bluejeans? You have to give more information so we can finish the joke.

#23 10 years ago

I would have him checked. That is just not right.

#24 10 years ago

Unfortunately, the real answer is not in the poll, "none of the above". Unless this arcade only has pinball machines, it would probably be any other machine in the arcade.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Unfortunately, the real answer is not in the poll, "none of the above". Unless this arcade only has pinball machines, it would probably be any other machine in the arcade.

Not if it was my kid, my 7 year old daughter loves her pinball, possibly because her dad is obsessed with it. (Not that there is anything wrong with it)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kid-walks-into-arcade-has-choice-poll-incl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.