(Topic ID: 159761)

Kid Friendly Locations Near Lake County, IL?

By SuperHomer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hello all,

I live in Lake County, IL and need help finding a good place to play pinball with my 10 year old. I've been to places like Logan's Arcade and Emporium. I enjoy the size, variety and condition of their machines. However, they are both 21 and over only. I've been to Galloping Ghost which is great for arcade games but their pinball area was lacking (4 or 5 machine but only two working my last visit). Sadly, Dave & Busters does carry pinball last time I checked.

Does anyone know of a place that has a collection with the size, variety and condition of Logan's and the kid friendly environment of Dave & Busters or Galloping Ghost?

Ideally, Lake County would be best but I would settle for places in McHenry or Northern Cook County.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 8 years ago

You'll need to make a trip to Joliet.

-Mark

#4 8 years ago

They just got a Ghostbusters.

#6 8 years ago

Emporium Lincolnshire does let kids in on weekends now.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Thanks for letting me know. Had you not said something, I would never have tried them. Their website implies over 21 all the time. We went there today and my daughter loved it. It's not too far from home and it was a good time. While it obviously has a bar, it doesn't feel like a bar. It felt more like a place to play games that happens to have a bar in it. In addition to a few pins, they had some classic arcades, dome hockey, pool tables and foosball.

-Homer

#8 8 years ago

Try Level 257 in Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg its next to Sears

I think they have about 7-8 pins, video games, bowling etc. Very nice place .

#9 8 years ago

IKristofs in or near Round Lake, IL has a couple games that were maintained really well. At least they did a couple years ago.....

#10 8 years ago

Kristofs (Round Lake Beach) has 4-5 pins always lots of fun and very kid friendly!

4 weeks later
    #11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and up till 9pm on week days.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.