(Topic ID: 135500)

Kickstarter: Success! The Sanctum in CT: Updates

By Whridlsoncestood

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

A small group of us started and run a place in Meriden,CT called The Sanctum. We have put 30 of our private games on freeplay in a warehouse and open every Wednesday night to the public.

We run weekly leagues and monthly tournaments as well and make sure games run as best they can.

We are in 1000 sqft now and with the weekly traffic we have we are getting too crowded. We need to expand into a bigger unit and can't afford to do this on our own anymore.

We hope the community can help us now so we an keep giving back as we have for the past year. You can donate here and get some of our great rewards.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/39354312/the-sanctum-pinball-co-op-expansion

Even if you can't help contribute we encourage everyone to come check us out some week. If you're not from around here but plan to be in the area some time message me and we will try and open up for you.

http://www.tothesanctum.com

Special thanks to Tom Nelson for our amazing video

-Jim

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

30% of our goal in 4 hours. Thanks so much for everyone's generosity so far!

-Jim

#3 8 years ago

I may have to donate just to assuage my shame at Mark kicking my ass at Pinburgh...

#4 8 years ago

I heard about that! Need to get you down here beelz! Come by some Wednesday or to one of our tournaments.

#5 8 years ago

Dude got lucky. I had already lost the will to live 24 hours before. It helps to sleep a bit, I learned.

Anyway, I'd love to get over there sometime. And make sure Rob F. is there as well! Another great CT guy...

#6 8 years ago

Backed. Good luck.

#7 8 years ago

Great video Jim. Top quality. Good luck with the goal!

#9 8 years ago

Pledge made, bump to the top for two great guys bustin' their butts for pinball on location.

viperrwk

#10 8 years ago

Over half way there in less than 24 hours. Love the support in this community!

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Over half way there in less than 24 hours. Love the support in this community!

I'm just in because I love to party.

#12 8 years ago

Bump since the train I'm taking from Mass to NY just passed through CT.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Bump since the train I'm taking from Mass to NY just passed through CT.

You're in our neck of the woods? What are you doing around here? Stop by The Sanctum tomorrow night.

#14 8 years ago

BUMP for donation made Also will be bringing more machines there once the new space is ready.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

You're in our neck of the woods? What are you doing around here? Stop by The Sanctum tomorrow night.

Just passing through. Be in Brooklyn for the next few days with family, than back to Massachusetts for a couple days for work, then back to Manhattan for a bit to meet up with Ars folks for our annual all hands meeting at the Freedom Tower, then I fly home. Think we're nearing the NY border soon.

#16 8 years ago

We are smack dab in the middle of CT. 2 hours from NYC. Take the train to new haven tomorrow evening and I'd gladly pick you up. That's a quick train. Drop you back off on our way out.

#17 8 years ago

We are smack dab in the middle of CT. 2 hours from NYC. Take the train to new haven tomorrow evening and I'd gladly pick you up. That's a quick train. Drop you back off on our way out.

Thanks for the offer! This trip is booked though, coming out to spend time with family for the next 5 days, and then I'm in work meetings for the last week.

#18 8 years ago

I made a pledge. Hope to come by tomorrow after soccer.

For anyone who doesn't know the Sanctum is an awesome place. Jim, Mark, and everyone at the sanctum are great people!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

We do tend to party well here

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I call BS on this. You made a cameo at the after party at Pintastic, seemingly disappearing after we tried to hold you against your will like a 1980's street gang.
    AND at Pinfest, you made a quick exit into the night for bed just before we setup VOLCANoo for festivities.

#21 8 years ago

Rumor has it

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I call BS on this. You made a cameo at the after party at Pintastic, seemingly disappearing after we tried to hold you against your will like a 1980's street gang.
    AND at Pinfest, you made a quick exit into the night for bed just before we setup VOLCANoo for festivities.

Nobody ever tries to make me stay. They always ask me, "Isn't it past your bedtime?"

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nobody ever tries to make me stay. They always ask me, "Isn't it past your bedtime?"

This was pretty much us at Pintastic, do you want to stay?

The_Warriors.jpgThe_Warriors.jpg

#24 8 years ago

This was pretty much us at Pintastic, do you want to stay?

The_Warriors.jpg

I saw those guys at Pintastic. I thought you were...er...*together*.

#25 8 years ago

I think this is more like it

hilarious_drunk_and_wasted_people_32.gifhilarious_drunk_and_wasted_people_32.gif

#26 8 years ago

hey, at least that bottle is going in his mouth!

#27 8 years ago

Haha. Line of the day!

#28 8 years ago

The sanctum should be a rum free crew. LOL

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Stang, I almost thumbs downed you, but I respect you enough not to. What a horrible, horrible thing to suggest!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I think it depends on who is handling the bottle

#31 8 years ago

Alright, let me rephrase that..... there should be a designated bottle holder....

#32 8 years ago

This thread is off topic in the best possible way! Sanctum crew rocks....wish I could be part of the rum riddled street gang more often. Hope to see lots of new faces tonight too.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

This thread is off topic in the best possible way! Sanctum crew rocks....wish I could be part of the rum riddled street gang more often. Hope to see lots of new faces tonight too.

Keeps it bumped, and its booze, and its pinball. Win Win Win.

#34 8 years ago

Pingolf league tonight. All are welcome! Come check us out and see what we are all about.

-Jim

#35 8 years ago

I have a working monitor I pulled from revenge from mars. I can deliver to the Sanctum. Free to anyone that donated to the kickstarter

Here is another video of the Sanctum. This one I made a few months ago.

Kickstarter link bump
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/39354312/the-sanctum-pinball-co-op-expansion

#36 8 years ago

Thanks Eric. Always like that video. Crazy how many of those games have been changed out since that video. Kinda miss that Godzilla now seeing it again.

#37 8 years ago

Crew sanctum ran the silver ball rumble at Pintastic with out a hitch. Not one issue these guys are legit. They will be running our tournaments for many years to come! Great group.

#38 8 years ago

Wow guys, Congrats!! Well deserved, keep it going!

#39 8 years ago

Chipped in for the KS and pumped to see you guys already met your goal. Awesome!

#40 8 years ago

Bump! Chipped in, Goal Met and going higher!

Lets get these guys a Hot Tub to go with the Pins!

#41 8 years ago

Thanks guys this is amazing! Really appreciate it. Stretch goals coming shortly. Next goal is a massive streaming setup so we can stream any game at anytime for all our league nights and tournaments. Even watch me work on games and walk through troubleshooting issues!

No hot tub art. Part of this is to led all the games with you to save on AC costs and electric bill!

#42 8 years ago

Thanks guys this is amazing! Really appreciate it. Stretch goals coming shortly. Next goal is a massive streaming setup so we can stream any game at anytime for all our league nights and tournaments. Even watch me work on games and walk through troubleshooting issues!
    No hot tub art. Part of this is to led all the games with you to save on AC costs and electric bill!

Streaming hot tub... LOL

#43 8 years ago

Jim, I've not been to the Sanctum yet, however, came across an article about it a few months ago and was more than happy to make a generous donation when I saw the kickstarter drive. The whole concept is so simple yet amazing! Can't wait to eventually get over there, if my work schedule will ever allow. I've been a lurker on this site for the most part and finally signed up this past month.

I'd also like to say that I had a very positive experience with the96stang. Brian was extremely hospitable allowing my family of 4 young kids to play his pinball collection and completing an easy transaction of my first pin purchase(Whirlwind).

Mike

#44 8 years ago

Thank you mike. Hope to see you here very soon!

Stretch goal of 7k added for 2 camera setups. One for each bank to stream any games we want every week. And stream is working on the games for tech talk nights. Details up on the kickstarter update and story page!

#45 8 years ago

No problem. I'll be sure to ask my friend Will at NESIT to get everyone over there to share the campaign as well. he dropped the ball big time, by not ever letting me know about The Sanctum.

#46 8 years ago

Haha. Will provides us with our internet. Definitely let him know about the campaign. I need to talk with him when we move to beef our internet up to take the streaming bandwidth

#47 8 years ago

... Part of this is to led all the games with you to save on AC costs and electric bill!

WHAT !!!! LEDS ?!?!?!

#48 8 years ago

No complimentary sunglasses. BYO-S

#49 8 years ago

Hey!
    I just found some video of Pintastic! and enter the Sanctum crew at 1:07!

(there really are wild parallels in this clip!)

#50 8 years ago

Things are still going great. Getting closer to that 7 K goal.

Are you trying to say I'm Bobcat Goldthwait with that video?

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kickstarter-please-help-us-expand-the-sanctum-in-ct-30-pins-freeplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.