(Topic ID: 143227)

Kickstarter (Pinball on the Plains - Fund Fargo Pinball)

By BillPinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Boondocker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

396_(resized).JPG
    kickoff.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

I think the kickstarter is fine. I will support yours. I also am running a kickstarter for a show in Billings in February:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1180836012/big-sky-gaming-expo-february-12-13-2016-billings-m

The problem we both have is that there are a bunch of vocal guys that got ripped off by JPOP and the predator loser, so now they have to bash every form of crowd funding. When I announced my project, they all did a pile-on because I hurt their feelings when I pointed out the vaporware they were invested in long before anyone dared to question the master creators/scammers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-big-sky-gaming-expo-feb-12-13-2016

I guess they all feel like they are doing their part for the hobby. Too bad they didn't listen to me way back when they could have recovered their malinvestments.

Good luck on the project!

#10 8 years ago

In my case, the kickstarter is an opportunity to buy in at a discount. I don't need the kickstarter, but it is handy to send exhibitors there to get an idea of what it is.

And CES is charging $100 for admission this year. CAX was around $50 if I remember right and I think the gate admission is necessary on a free play arcade or you will have 500 elementary kids hogging it.

BTW, where can I go to attend your pinball show?

To OP, sorry for the threadjack.

#13 8 years ago

How about you guys just put me on ignore and stop littering OP's post with irrelevance?

3 weeks later
    #29 8 years ago

Wow. I didn't realize these guys were putting a gun to your head.

#40 8 years ago

There is just something about some pinsiders that makes them feel like they need to bash everyone here who is not in their exact demographic. I swear that if you have any contrary opinions, you are supposed to go sit in the corner and be quiet because some of the guys who think pinside is their gameroom think they can shut you up like their wives do to them.

I experienced a terrible pile-on when I threw my kickstarter link out on this board. And it was because I was so mean and nasty when I told the victims of the two biggest pinside scammers to go for their money about 3 months too early. Then I had a big argument with the two guys who told everyone to just wait a little longer and good things would happen. That really made people dislike me. I guess being realistic is the same as being nasty when you are trying to have a rational conversation with pie-in-the-sky dreamers that are in total denial of the reality around them. So I took a big admonishment from a few guys and you know what? It didn't bother me a bit. My kickstarter is likely to fail, but this one is likely to succeed. More power to you Fargo pinheads that are going to enjoy the club. Crowdfunding is a valid way to gin up capital for projects that otherwise may prove too risky. In my case, I just wanted to try it out and I learned that it's really not for me. I'll be happy for the OP when my pledge goes through. They deserve it. Anyone who doesn't like crowdfunding doesn't have to participate and anyone who is willing to crowdfund a dream is completely entitled to take the risk.. but when things go south, don't blame the messenger over your suspended disbelief.

What is the old saying about shaking the dust off? Oh, yeah, let's play some pinball in Fargo!

#43 8 years ago

Hosting games at a bowling alley is what is known as a route. A semi-private club with machines in relatively good condition is worth a lot more than a split of a coin drop. I don't know the laws in ND, but they could sell mixers and let people byob. They could make money that way. But the idea of being able to open up your little arcade clubhouse on a whim is very inviting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kickstarter-pinball-on-the-plains-fund-fargo-pinball?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.