(Topic ID: 143227)

Kickstarter (Pinball on the Plains - Fund Fargo Pinball)

By BillPinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Boondocker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

396_(resized).JPG
    kickoff.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bob_e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

Exactly what will the funds be used for?

General funding, for the lease, for a PRIVATE club. Or did I miss something? So a paid membership gets one a key-fob to enter the "club" pay to play the games. Do you have a bill changer to supply quarters or tokens? What sort of staff will be there to fix problems like stuck balls or machine malfunctions?

Tilt Pinball was an Arcade open to the public, now closed. Sounds like it was not a profitable venture for the previous owners because there was not enough public interest aka players. And now a $45 annual fee will make the difference in profitability? Do you expect walk in traffic to sign up at $45 per person?

All the arcades I went to never had an annual membership fee or cover charge to get in the door. Except, Cedar Point the amusement park.

I know the major football universities now sell you a "license" just so you can buy tickets to their football games. An end around play to increase ticket prices. They can do it because the fans, short for fanatics, are willing to pay.

#35 8 years ago

I don't see Mom here buying her kid a membership to play pinball for an added cost per game.

kickoff.jpgkickoff.jpg

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballuniv:

Just was wondering if you guys asked a bowling alley like West Acres if they'd do some type of deal hosting your games? I'm pretty sure the rent would be much less expensive & a plus would be there food & booze.

But the bowling alley won't be open at 6 AM.

#54 8 years ago

One issue to be addressed are RISKS. None of these were addressed in the opening statement.

Insurance for the club how much it cost, considering that it will be an unattended site. Meaning nobody to keep an eye on the place and games. Alarm system isneeded, to protect the investment but how many false alarms will you have to deal with, when the members fail to disarm. Or worse fail to arm the system when the last person leaves.

1) A novice player/member does not notice a game has a stuck coil going into thermal runaway starting a fire.
    2) A lone player/member has a medical emergency and there is no one to call 911 .
    3) Keeping track of who is in the club as well as their guests... say fight breaks out what happens next.
    4) People abusing the games
    5) Theft vandalism is allways a problem.

So much can happen when there is no one to watch and respond.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bob_e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kickstarter-pinball-on-the-plains-fund-fargo-pinball?tu=bob_e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.