(Topic ID: 143227)

Kickstarter (Pinball on the Plains - Fund Fargo Pinball)

By BillPinball

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Boondocker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

396_(resized).JPG
    kickoff.jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

If the movie and the show have taught me anything, it's that no one lives in Fargo and those that do, are crazy.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

If the movie and the show have taught me anything, it's that no one lives in Fargo and those that do, are crazy.

I just spent 3 days last week in Fargo because my father in law wont go to Arizona like the rest of the retired folks, but this notion that Fargo needs a place to play pinball is nuts, It's a huge city and has a lot of oil money from the outskirts of town. I'm not a fan of Kickstarter or Gofundme. As a business owner if you don't have the capital or the means to get a loan from the bank then don't beg for money from strangers. Work hard and make your dream a reality on your own.

#53 4 years ago

so since this kickstarter now funded can someone please help me to understand how much it really earned for the new place as for real donation?

I see a large part of the funds that came in were for the sale of the out of sight pinball machine and then a large portion of backers are people that bought memberships or liftime memberships. As I am trying to understand more of how this milennial generation of crowd funding works, I am not sure what the real cash benefit of the shop is?

If anything it seems this crowd funding was really a way to sell a game and also presell some 1 year and lifetime memberships?

#54 4 years ago

One issue to be addressed are RISKS. None of these were addressed in the opening statement.

Insurance for the club how much it cost, considering that it will be an unattended site. Meaning nobody to keep an eye on the place and games. Alarm system isneeded, to protect the investment but how many false alarms will you have to deal with, when the members fail to disarm. Or worse fail to arm the system when the last person leaves.

1) A novice player/member does not notice a game has a stuck coil going into thermal runaway starting a fire.
    2) A lone player/member has a medical emergency and there is no one to call 911 .
    3) Keeping track of who is in the club as well as their guests... say fight breaks out what happens next.
    4) People abusing the games
    5) Theft vandalism is allways a problem.

So much can happen when there is no one to watch and respond.

#55 4 years ago

I don't see why anyone who isn't supportive of this cares so much about it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If anything it seems this crowd funding was really a way to sell a game and also presell some 1 year and lifetime memberships?

So you didn't want him to ask for donations to start a for profit business but you also don't like that he provided something for those who did donate. Sounds like you just want to bitch.

Quoted from bob_e:

1) A novice player/member does not notice a game has a stuck coil going into thermal runaway starting a fire.
    2) A lone player/member has a medical emergency and there is no one to call 911 .
    3) Keeping track of who is in the club as well as their guests... say fight breaks out what happens next.
    4) People abusing the games
    5) Theft vandalism is allways a problem.
    So much can happen when there is no one to watch and respond.

Had you asked these questions prior with the intent to buy a membership I'm sure Bill would have given you some answers. As a non member I don't think he owes you any explanation.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

So you didn't want him to ask for donations to start a for profit business but you also don't like that he provided something for those who did donate. Sounds like you just want to bitch.

no, I was asking questions because I was genuinely interested in this concept of people crowd funding to help their business out and get off the ground while at the same time very confused how something like this is really a money maker???

If this is a feasible and accepted option to crowd fund your own business in our current world, then I am genuinely interested.

The majority of 'donations' for something like this appear to be the sale of a pinball machine followed by people pre buying either lifetime memberships or a 1 time yearly membership. After seeing what the backers pledged into, I see very few donations and more purchases in advance of opening. This on the surface appeared to be begging for money to start a business. After seeing the numbers it seems more like a way to get an idea for hard numbers and front load presales while I am guessing also some tax incentive for doing things this way?

5 months later
    #57 3 years ago

Hey Bill & Jim

Just wanted to let you know, we really enjoyed the lineup and can't wait to come back!

Thanks for the hospitality!!

396_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 27.99
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside