(Topic ID: 80489)

Kicking around the idea of consolidating a bit...

By bighurb

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by btw75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bighurb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I've come to the realization that I just don't have the time to finish up these projects I've been getting into the past couple of years. Coupled with my limited space I currently have, I'm thinking about selling my four machines to finance the purchase of one machine I'll just have to do general maintenance on. What I've got is, a Williams contact, space shuttle , and two mousin arounds. The contact isn't currently working because the boards had some acid damage. I got a replacement system 3 board from a fellow pinsider but I never got around to thoroughly going through the machine to get it going.Decent shape, some play field planking, would be a great machine to practice working on. I'm going to ask for 200 bucks for this one. Space shuttle is pretty good. The cabinet could definitely use to be restenciled and the play field has a bit of wear( not completely blown out) but I completely tore the top down for a good cleaning and wax. It got a new old stock mpu/sound card combo(with remote battery holder)from k's arcade, new plastic set from CPR, new shuttle and ramp from pinball inc., a new display driver from Jeff kohout (and cables), brand new flipper assemblies with the upgraded springs suggested in vids flipper rebuild guide, all new rubber, replaced every bulb.I think that's about as far as I got on that one. Im thinking about 900 bucks for space shuttle sounds pretty fair. Lastly I have two mousin' arounds. One of them was the first machine I ever bought and I thought I'd try my hand at restoring a pinball machine without knowing a damn thing about them. Not the best idea I ever had A lot of parts are damn hard to find for this thing like ramps, plastics, and such so I took it all apart and it never got reassembled. I tried removing the mylar on this play field and it went disastrous. The whole area between the flippers was apparently a sticker and it all came up when I removed the mylar! I spent hours going over the rest of the play field though and its almost ready to be clear coated, it just needs a little more attention to that area between the flippers. I found a second mousing around just recently though that was in really nice shape and I had a plan of combining the two into one mint machine and then parting out the remaining bits to recoup some cash on the project. MA #2 got a complete teardown of the topside for a complete cleaning/wax coat, new rubber, replaced every bulb, and novused all of the plastics and ramp.On the underside I cleaned up every solenoid(polished the plunger,cleaned or replaced the sleeves),removed and thoroughly went over both mouse traps, removed and completely cleaned/adjusted the ramp diverter assembly. The rest is in really nice shape on this one. Slapped some brand new legs, levelers, and bolts on it and it plays real nice. Displays work great, boards are in nice shape. The only issue I didn't get to address was the slings not working. I also managed to get a whole brand new set of cabinet decals along with a whole set of insert decals to finish up the project. Price for both of these machines with the decal sets is going to be 1600 bucks. This should get someone a pretty sweet machine for more than a fair price after they sell off all of the extra parts they don't use. I'd love to finish these up but I just straight up don't have the time or room right now. In fact I have all four games stored in various parts of my house( all inside/ heated and dry) right now so I haven't been able to snap some pictures yet but I'll try and get to that within a week or so. Just wanted to give everybody on here first crack at this stuff and to see if anybody is interested in helping me consolidate down to one game eventually. I suppose I'd willingly take a trade for a DMD game as well if it was the right deal. Anyhow feel free to send me a pm if your interested in any of these and I'll try to create a proper for sale thread for each of them soon with a bunch of pictures. If anyone is seriously interested before that though it would probably give me a kick in the ass to start moving this stuff around Cheers!

#4 10 years ago

I may have gone a little overboard on that one

#5 10 years ago

What? No one else wanted to read the worlds longest post

#9 10 years ago

Wow! That's a hell of a lot better fellas! Thanks for the help. I typed this up on my phone last night and didn't realize it ran on so bad until I hit send.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 23.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bighurb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kicking-around-the-idea-of-consolidating-a-bit?tu=bighurb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.