Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pcgoaekniu8oo57ngj0g (resized).jpg
    IMG_0869 (resized).JPG
    12122769.jpg
    image.jpg
    TAF Kickback.jpg
    IMG_5073.JPG
    IMG_5072.JPG
    IMG_5071.JPG
    IMG_5069.JPG
    IMG_5068.JPG
    IMG_5064.JPG
    IMG_5067.JPG
    IMG_5060.JPG
    IMG_5055.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

I don't think I have ever seen anyone post about this place on here before so here it goes. If you're ever passing through Pittsburgh check out a sweet pinball spot in the Lawrenceville section of town. They have 21 machines to play and they are all in really good working order. They serve coffee, mexi-coke products, soups, sandwiches, and salads. They also allow BYOB at a really cheap price. They are located at 4326 Butler St Pittsburgh PA 15201.

IMG_5054.JPGIMG_5054.JPG IMG_5055.JPGIMG_5055.JPG IMG_5060.JPGIMG_5060.JPG IMG_5064.JPGIMG_5064.JPG IMG_5067.JPGIMG_5067.JPG IMG_5068.JPGIMG_5068.JPG IMG_5069.JPGIMG_5069.JPG IMG_5071.JPGIMG_5071.JPG IMG_5072.JPGIMG_5072.JPG IMG_5073.JPGIMG_5073.JPG
    #2 9 years ago

Sweet!! Definitely going to check this out

#3 9 years ago

Waw, that place looks amazing. I love what they did to the floor!

#4 9 years ago

I was there Sunday with one of my daughters. Driving back to Toronto, a stop at Kickback was a highlight of the trip (truth, she may have thought the Zombie store down the road was better, but I thought Kickback was better!).
    Highly recommended location. Pins were in great shape in a vibrant, friendly setting. I will be back!

#5 9 years ago

Its good to see they flip the collection. I was in there last year and I think out of your pics only about 4 machines were there.

It's a great spot.

Love the swag.

#6 9 years ago

I travel to that area for work occasionally and have stopped by several times. Awesome place. Very friendly staff and the machines have always been in great condition. Great variety of games and it seems to me that they rotate them regularly. I would highly recommend Kickback if you are in the area.

#7 9 years ago

Yes the games are rotated very often and some machines show up based on player feedback.

#8 9 years ago

So next time someone is in can you ask if they sell XXL t-shirts? If they do I might need someone to pick one up for me and ship it my way.

chris

#9 9 years ago

I heard great things about it when I was in town for PAPA, but didn't get a chance to check it out. Will definitely come July.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

So next time someone is in can you ask if they sell XXL t-shirts? If they do I might need someone to pick one up for me and ship it my way.

I can ask.

3 weeks later
    #11 9 years ago

The Addams Family has returned to Kickback!TAF Kickback.jpgTAF Kickback.jpg

3 months later
    #12 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Linked fastbreaks now at Kickback!

#13 8 years ago

Joe the owner of Kickback was my booth neighbor in the vendor marketplace at ReplayFX and I can tell you he is one awesome guy to hang out and chat with - great idea to incorporate pinball and his café business... Looking forward to getting there next year to see it !

2 months later
    #14 8 years ago

Full Throttle just showed up.

www.facebook.com/437192326347647/

#15 8 years ago

12122769.jpg12122769.jpg

1 month later
    #16 8 years ago

Was just there yesterday. Loved it. Games were all surprisingly in great shape and all working.

9 months later
    #17 7 years ago

Was here a few weeks ago. Awesome place. Really laid back. Had a jalepeno popper grilled cheese and habanero watermelon lemonade and then I was off to play some pins. The selection was completely different than the pins pictures here. Some pins the same but some they had not pictured were Scared Stiff, AFM, banzai run, Simpsons party pinball, monster bash, GOT, GB, probably some others escaping me. They were all in great shape. Best AFM and SS I've played and I mostly stuck to those. I think they keep an updated list of pins on their website so check there if your going for a specific pin. Pittsburgh is quite the drive for me (5hours) but next time I'm in the area this is a must stop for me. (Also bought a t-shirt)

#18 7 years ago

This place is unbelievable.. Spent 5 or 8 hours here this summer (and a load of $$) jamming on the games. I remember a MB, SS, TAF, Stern KISS, GB, Partyzone, banzai run, BOP, AFM, TZ.. It's the place that convinced me to lay out the dough for a TZ..

Also the food is excellent - wish they had a bar but the decor is killer, staff is nice and the pins are absolutely TOP notch. Not sure who maintains them but they are a rock star.

#19 7 years ago

There have been several references to this location posted previously....but no reason not to remind everyone they are here! I have been there several times and really enjoy this location. My experiences have all been positive. I highly recommend anyone in the area check them out.
    I love being able to support my local businesses, and hope you will, too!

4 weeks later
    #20 7 years ago

Just added a Hobbit LE to the lineup at Kickback!

#21 7 years ago

Damn maybe we will have to make the trip back up!

6 months later
    #22 6 years ago

Update on Kickback!

The owner decided to move on from the business on very short notice and a few of us locals decided to save this treasure. An Indiegogo campaign was started to help us restore the beautiful artwork on the floor and walls as well as get some upgrades and modernize the place for a grand re-opening.

The outpouring of support we have received from the pinball community so far has been amazing and not only have we passed our initial goal, but our first two stretch goals as well!

We have some other really awesome stretch goals in mind as well. Check out the campaign, support if you'd like to, or just share to get the word out.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-us-save-kickback-community/x/5005563#/

#23 6 years ago

That blows!

You guys are great for working the save the place. I love going there whenever I visit my brother in Pittsburgh.

I'll pitch in what I can to the IndieGogo.

#24 6 years ago

Would be expensive but a KICKBACK sign in neon would look awesome!!!

Good Luck!

#25 6 years ago

Whoa! What the hell thsts too bad. But glad the community is coming alive to help!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Good Luck!

I agree, but we are at the mercy of the landlord to put up a sign that reflects the rest of the buildings design.

#27 6 years ago

I was in Vandergrift two weeks ago for the April Ghouls Drive-In and was excited to get back to Kickback in between the two days after going there for the first time in September. Some of the machines were in need of some repairs and a bunch were even shut off. They weren't serving food. I was confused what had happened. Now it makes sense. Although they did have a brand new Aerosmith...

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Good Luck!

IMG_0869 (resized).JPGIMG_0869 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago

Hopefully this can remain open. I would be here all the time if I didn't live 5 hours away! I still plan to visit anytime I'm in the area for the drive in monsterama shows. Good luck to all involved.

#30 6 years ago

We are going to see what can be done to get both of these signs working again.

We just added a new update to the campaign. Our current stretch goal is to get some streaming up and going once we are back open!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-us-save-kickback-community/x/5005563#/updates

pcgoaekniu8oo57ngj0g (resized).jpgpcgoaekniu8oo57ngj0g (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We are going to see what can be done to get both of these signs working again.</blockquote

If you don't have/know anyone that fixes them, PM me!

#32 6 years ago

Why did the owner decide to move on? Did you buy it from him Ninjadoug?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Why did the owner decide to move on? Did you buy it from him Ninjadoug?

Yes, she decided to move on and rather than see the business close up shop permanently, a few of us are going to keep it alive.

1 week later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kickback-cafe-pittsburgh?hl=ryansherwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.