Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Kick-Off-Work-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_9072 (resized).PNG
IMG_9073 (resized).JPG
IMG_9070 (resized).PNG
IMG_9071 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MeanderingBrewer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello there,

I just got my first 3 machines and an issue came up with the Kick Off machine. The Pop bumpers were working correctly until one the fuses blew. Ever since they are unresponsive. When you push down the skirt contact is made below the playfield but nothing else happens. If I pull down the body it will ring the bell and award the proper amount of points. Any advice or direction would be appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers
RZ

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the response @fredsmythson! I am new into fixing machines but am enthusiastic about learning the craft. Like any new endeavour, my first task seems to be googling the lingo. I have tried my best to Google my way through your answer and this is what I believe I have found.

1. There does seem to be a diode between the wire lug (Photos of bumpers 1-3 attached)
2. The 5amp fuse was blown. I replaced it but still no movement on the bumpers
3. I believe I have attached a picture of the bridge rectifier. It seems to be intact as well.

The problem is the pop being activated. I can manually make the scoring switch fire correctly.

Any further guidance would be much appreciated.

IMG_9071 (resized).PNGIMG_9071 (resized).PNG

IMG_9070 (resized).PNGIMG_9070 (resized).PNG

IMG_9073 (resized).JPGIMG_9073 (resized).JPG

IMG_9072 (resized).PNGIMG_9072 (resized).PNG

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone! We were able to solve the issue over the weekend after using all of your advice. After measuring the resistance on all of the diodes there was a significant difference on one of them. After we soldered a new one on it worked like a charm. Thanks again for all the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MeanderingBrewer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kick-off-bally-pop-bumper-issue?tu=MeanderingBrewer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.