7EAA67F3-4EE3-49C9-8DAB-784D5DD2B8F7 (resized).jpeg
D9EB501F-9071-4CB1-8729-91004140E296 (resized).jpeg
637B6BD8-4B56-472C-A0AE-9387DDB1725F (resized).jpeg
CF68064D-3C85-42C7-8EDC-B13FD6DA97DF (resized).png
F9D660D6-DE3C-45FB-90BD-1543D7C67902 (resized).jpeg
2278BA31-6AE0-4AB0-A282-A36785530CD4 (resized).jpeg
adfads.gif
Screenshot_20220811-110841 (resized).png
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

So I've and been on this site for a few years now and have come across so much negativity. There are many positive and helpfull topics posted on this site and then there's the "keyboard hero" who has to throw shit into the mix. Why? This is your time keyboard heroes...tell us why you're so negative. Who are you and what makes you so much smarter and better than the rest.

#2 1 year ago

I anticipate nothing but openness, honesty, and serious answers in this thread.

#3 1 year ago

*heroes

#4 1 year ago

I’m smarter than some because I was taught proper use of apostrophes in grade school.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m smarter than some because I was taught proper use of apostrophes in grade school.

Touché

#6 1 year ago

i think you mean, Keyboard Warrior... no?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/keyboard-warrior

#7 1 year ago

I don't understand why people get their panties in a bunch so much over NeGaTiViTy

We're just talkin. Sometimes its not all sunshine and roses.

#8 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220811-110841 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220811-110841 (resized).png
#9 1 year ago

The negativity is fine and entertaining at times but the alpha male gatekeeping is annoying. There's a couple of cats on here that no matter what the topic, they steal the thread to make it about how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is. It's not a great way to expand the hobby and encourage innovation.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

The negativity is fine and entertaining at times but the alpha male gatekeeping is annoying. There's a couple of cats on here that no matter what the topic, they steal the thread to make it about how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is. It's not a great way to expand the hobby and encourage innovation.

Innovation sucks (hello Pinbar!) and expanding the hobby has created the price increases everybody hates.

We need to put a stop to these things for good!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Especially when someone new walks in the door with a question

#12 1 year ago

For the record, I think you're hilarious CrazyLevi and are not one of those cats.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation sucks (hello Pinbar!) and expanding the hobby has created the price increases everybody hates.
We need to put a stop to these things for good!

I have an idea.

Pinside could add a filter for when someone creates a thread. Before it posts it could sniff a word like “price” from the subject line.

They could still post if they wanted but first they would be presented with an automatic search result of price threads.

#14 1 year ago

This topic isn't manly enough!!!

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

the alpha male gatekeeping

You mean those sad weirdos who go off about an imaginary war on boys in all the OT topics about movies and tv shows, right?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

You mean those sad weirdos who go off about an imaginary war on boys in all the OT topics about movies and tv shows, right?

They aren't gonna like the new version of A League of Their Own!

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Who are you and what makes you so much smarter and better than the rest.

Never been scammed. Does that count?

Also never, ever, rated/ranked/reviewed a pinball machine here or anywhere.

#18 1 year ago

I'm more of a keyboard warrior

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I anticipate nothing but openness, honesty, and serious answers in this thread.

IBTL

#20 1 year ago

I just like to have fun.

Some people do seem they like to argue for the sake of arguing and always have to be right.

#21 1 year ago

In a thread about negativity, I am shocked that the King of Locked threads is given a pass!

I will say, the “negativity” of Pinside is why it is beloved. Kinda like RGP, people are REALISTIC.

• It’s not always sunshine and rainbows.
  • When someone hacks a fuckload of mods onto their machine and blows up the boards, that person needs to be corrected. The manufacturer is not liable for ugly mods that do damage.
  • Glued-on action figures DO NOT increase the value. I don’t care about $100 worth of Avengers toys.
  • Some unscrupulous folk enjoy ripping off unsuspecting pinball people. It’s sad and immoral. People need to be warned about scams

As for the basement threads, people need a place to hang out and bullshit. There’s always that group of guys who show up to a pinball show and drink beer out in the parking lot for the entire duration. Seems weird to me to travel someplace but never actually attend, but to each their own.

If you know a thread is gonna be a cluster, then ignore it. If I see a thread that says “OMG WOMEN LITERALLY DON’T PLAY PINBALL HERE’S WHY MEN ARE RESPONSIBLE.” I know nothing good will come of it.
It’s an insult to women in pinball and dismisses their existence just for someone to garner praise online.

Everyone has their thing, and we are responsible for our own enjoyment.

#22 1 year ago

I feel like this topic is going to turn into a NJ sub/grinder/hero/sandwich discussion.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Monk:

I feel like this topic is going to turn into a NJ sub/grinder/hero/sandwich discussion.

Mmmmm Sammiches...

#24 1 year ago

what, no hoagies?

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Mmmmm Sammiches...

The word is sandwich. Not sammich. Please use the Kings English.

See, the thread is already going down hill lol.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Now, now, my good chap, the use of Eye Dialect is an art form of the highest order, from which the *Queen's* English needs no defense.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Please use the Kings English.

You forget that 1776 thing ?

Henceforth it shall be referred to as the Presidents English.

LTG : )

#28 1 year ago

"I’m smarter than some because I was taught proper use of apostrophes in grade school."

"Please use the Kings English."

Correction: Please use the King's English.

How'd I do?

#29 1 year ago

Lol

#30 1 year ago

Jukebox Hero?

#31 1 year ago

Please use the king is English?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Might be a first

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

There's a couple of cats on here that no matter what the topic, they steal the thread to make it about how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is.

adfads.gifadfads.gif

#34 1 year ago
2278BA31-6AE0-4AB0-A282-A36785530CD4 (resized).jpeg2278BA31-6AE0-4AB0-A282-A36785530CD4 (resized).jpeg
#35 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you mean apostrophe's

#36 1 year ago

Apostles

#37 1 year ago

The crux of the biscuit is in the apostrophe

#38 1 year ago

Poll sucks because it has two redundant choices.

Does that make me negative or a keyboard hero?

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

I resemble your remark.

Seriously, I most often enjoy the banter and also have fun ribbing others at times. Follow the Pinside rules, don't make things personal or threaten anyone, on the other hand don't be a snowflake, and if/when you say something stupid then own it and endure the consequences.

One helpful thing is to realize that mood is often difficult to convey in a post. Just because someone may disagree with you, it doesn't mean they are attacking or belittling you. I typically try to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and seek clarification (sometimes it turns out they were being a jerk, but usually not).

As far as the poll goes, I'm more complicated than a simple binary choice (consider me a realist when it comes to the optimist/pessimist duality).

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Poll sucks because it has two redundant choices.
Does that make me negative or a keyboard hero?

I didn't even notice it was a poll.
I try to type positivity; However, my thoughts are filled with negativity... is that a problem? To which selection shall I cast?

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I like Sangwhich. Really puts some zazz on the word, just like mustard on a sangwhich

#42 1 year ago
CF68064D-3C85-42C7-8EDC-B13FD6DA97DF (resized).pngCF68064D-3C85-42C7-8EDC-B13FD6DA97DF (resized).pngF9D660D6-DE3C-45FB-90BD-1543D7C67902 (resized).jpegF9D660D6-DE3C-45FB-90BD-1543D7C67902 (resized).jpeg
#43 1 year ago
637B6BD8-4B56-472C-A0AE-9387DDB1725F (resized).jpeg637B6BD8-4B56-472C-A0AE-9387DDB1725F (resized).jpeg
#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

There’s always that group of guys who show up to a pinball show and drink beer out in the parking lot for the entire duration. Seems weird to me to travel someplace but never actually attend, but to each their own.

Those are the real heroes. And should be respected as such. If you want to discuss or debate this further, I'll be in the parking lot, having a beer.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I like Sangwhich. Really puts some zazz on the word, just like mustard on a sangwhich

People have been calling them Sammy's more and more.

#46 1 year ago

You guys are just asking for trouble….

D9EB501F-9071-4CB1-8729-91004140E296 (resized).jpegD9EB501F-9071-4CB1-8729-91004140E296 (resized).jpeg
#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

they steal the thread to make it about how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is.

I call those dudes the “Ackchyually” guys.

Me: well, if 2+2=4 then I guess the answers 4

Ackchyually Guy: It’s pretty pathetic that you only see it as 2+2. Obviously you’re close minded and know absolutely nothing otherwise you would’ve included 4+0, 3+1, 2+1+1, and 1+1+1+1 in your answer.
Please provide a link showing 2+2 is the common saying, quit making up this straw man that any other math is against your view point.

7EAA67F3-4EE3-49C9-8DAB-784D5DD2B8F7 (resized).jpeg7EAA67F3-4EE3-49C9-8DAB-784D5DD2B8F7 (resized).jpeg
#48 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I just like to have fun.
Some people do seem they like to argue for the sake of arguing and always have to be right.

You mean like ( Ignored user post)?

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Or the West World version of that statement: "Hey! That's the Kings English you Son of a Bitch!"

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

You guys are just asking for trouble….
[quoted image]

I had a Sammy for lunch and surprised the sandwich police weren't called. Ran out of lunch meat so doubled the cheese and tripled the lettuce. Wasn't too bad

#50 1 year ago

Guess someone thinks that post was about him:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.48.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.48.25 PM (resized).png

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keyboard-hero-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.