(Topic ID: 237337)

key west - anyone have time for a peek in the back door?

By baldtwit

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mysterious Key West coil - photo from Joe Shope (resized).JPG
int-key_west-red_or_yellow_relay (resized).jpg
int-key_west-back_door_3 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

key west has a unique coil/magnet on the back door directly below the spotting disc. The coil is not in the manual. It's in the search relay #3 circuit and appears to be intended to help reduce arcing on the ABCD switch contacts.

there's a label to the left of it, but the picture I have (below) is not entirely readable. Says something like "this magnet … A-B-C-D button … clean by maintaining current at all times".

anyone have the game and either take a pic of the label or post what it says?

if the coil has a wrapper with a readable part number, that would be great also.

if you want to measure the coil resistance, need to do it with no balls in the holes and one of the ABCD buttons pressed...and spin the search wipers to make sure reading doesn't change.

the game also has a "red or yellow relay" to the right of the sounder coil that is not in the manual. Info in second pic below.

int-key_west-back_door_3 (resized).jpgint-key_west-back_door_3 (resized).jpgint-key_west-red_or_yellow_relay (resized).jpgint-key_west-red_or_yellow_relay (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Your thread title misled me

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Your thread title mislead me

haha, I was thinking the same thing... careful about key west and back doors...

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Your thread title mislead me

That's what she said

#5 5 years ago

This is an old Key West photo Joe Shope sent to me:

Mysterious Key West coil - photo from Joe Shope (resized).JPGMysterious Key West coil - photo from Joe Shope (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

This is an old Key West photo Joe Shope sent to me:[quoted image]

Terrific support and image.

#7 5 years ago

great thanks! Picture swiped and will wind up inserted on a web site someplace.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-west-anyone-have-time-for-a-peek-in-the-back-door?hl=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.