(Topic ID: 172968)

New feature: Key posts (+ Pinside Editors wanted!)

By robin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by idealjoker
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

key-posts-2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zh2oson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

robin - On occasion I come across a post that would qualify as a "Key Post" but I don't want to become an editor just to gain the ability to make these decisions. I just don't participate on here enough to deserve that designation.

So...could there be a way for users to suggest posts for "Key Post" consideration? In my ignorance, I'd see it working in much the same way the "report post" feature works - i.e., there's no guarantee that it would get booked as a "Key Post" but at least an expert could weigh in and make a determination.

For example, I'm buying a Taxi and am working through the 50+ pages in that thread to get ready. One common issue with the game is the Spinout plunge/skill shot often gets messed up. There are dozens of posts with people complaining about it not working and then the inevitable replies about how to get it sorted out properly. This post (linked below) seems to be the best explanation (43 pages in) about how to get it working properly:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/43#post-5807869

As you can see...it's probably a "Key Post". The thread isn't that active, so I doubt any of the editors would ever have the chance to stumble upon this naturally.

Anyway, just something for you to consider.

I love this place and thank you for all you do to keep the hobby going.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

robin - On occasion I come across a post that would qualify as a "Key Post" but I don't want to become an editor just to gain the ability to make these decisions. I just don't participate on here enough to deserve that designation.
    So...could there be a way for users to suggest posts for "Key Post" consideration? In my ignorance, I'd see it working in much the same way the "report post" feature works - i.e., there's no guarantee that it would get booked as a "Key Post" but at least an expert could weigh in and make a determination.
    For example, I'm buying a Taxi and am working through the 50+ pages in that thread to get ready. One common issue with the game is the Spinout plunge/skill shot often gets messed up. There are dozens of posts with people complaining about it not working and then the inevitable replies about how to get it sorted out properly. This post (linked below) seems to be the best explanation (43 pages in) about how to get it working properly:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/43#post-5807869
    As you can see...it's probably a "Key Post". The thread isn't that active, so I doubt any of the editors would ever have the chance to stumble upon this naturally.
    Anyway, just something for you to consider.
    I love this place and thank you for all you do to keep the hobby going.

Thank you!

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Also note there is no index generated until multiple posts have been marked. So if only one post 43 pages in is marked as a key post almost no one will know until they scroll past the different colored post.

Knowing that...I'm going to furiously scroll through the 50 pages of that thread and find a second "Key Post" for you to note.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zh2oson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-posts?tu=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.