(Topic ID: 86219)

Key People influencing a Machines Popularity?

By PinJimNC

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

internet creator.jpg
    DSC08924.JPG
    DSC08920.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJimNC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello, I am relatively new to pinball. I have been browsing this site for a year and finally bought my own machine a few weeks ago (Pin Bot). I see so much talk and discussion about how much a machine is really worth and why one machine is worth more than others.

My question is who are the Key people in the world of pinball? Who are the people that really make a machine worth more or more popular across the board regardless of how others feel about the game, or the other end of the spectrum if they say anything negative about it the machine instantly loses some of its appeal and value across all other players?

I was thinking how cool it would be if I could go back in time and get some of the now amazingly expensive games back before they became so expensive. Then I thought what if I bought the game and ended up taking that copy of the game away from a Key pinball person so they never got to buy it or make the game super popular, would it be worth as much today?

Maybe I am over thinking this and no such person exists.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJimNC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-people-influencing-a-machines-popularity?tu=PinJimNC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.