(Topic ID: 240111)

Key fobs for my Wedgheads

By SteamVette

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hooker (resized).jpeg
    33D15AA3-A558-4C8D-9CD1-1539A7295368 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

With my wife’s help we made some little keyfobs for my machines. I think I’ll make a board to hang them on. I don’t like them in the machines, but I do like them handy. Fun times!

33D15AA3-A558-4C8D-9CD1-1539A7295368 (resized).jpeg33D15AA3-A558-4C8D-9CD1-1539A7295368 (resized).jpeg
    #3 5 years ago

any chance she would make a spare "Sky Jump"? I would love to buy one!

#4 5 years ago

Brilliant!!
    Please post more on how you made them

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

any chance she would make a spare "Sky Jump"? I would love to buy one!

Hey, I won’t sell any as I don’t want to get into any copyright issues. But I would be happy to send you one. They are nothing to special but cool. Send me a PM with your info.

Jeff

#6 5 years ago

Very nice!! Would definitely buy some.

#7 5 years ago

Very cool!

In case anyone is interested, you can also buy Gottlieb keychains here. They don't have the cool wedgehead shapes like SteamVette's, but they do have the logos and colors. I just bought several for mine:

https://www.cafepress.com/gottlieb_pinball/s__keychains?page=2

Also have t-shirts, etc. with Gottlieb logos on them.

#8 5 years ago

Sorry, but what the hell is a FOB?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

a chain attached to a watch for carrying in a waistcoat or waistband pocket.
    a small ornament attached to a watch chain.
    a small pocket for carrying a watch.

#10 5 years ago

Forward Operating Base??

#11 5 years ago

From Wikipedia:

"A key fob is a generally decorative and at times useful item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. The word fob may be linked to the low German dialect for the word Fuppe, meaning "pocket", however, the real origin of the word is uncertain..."

Can you give us some info on how you made these key fobs?

#12 5 years ago

Maybe 'pat.pending'?

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Unculture SWINE!

Quoted from goldenboy232:

Very cool!
    In case anyone is interested, you can also buy Gottlieb keychains here. They don't have the cool wedgehead shapes like SteamVette's, but they do have the logos and colors. I just bought several for mine:
    https://www.cafepress.com/gottlieb_pinball/s__keychains?page=2
    Also have t-shirts, etc. with Gottlieb logos on them.

These are actually licensed and very cool! Although I like OPs wedgehead fobs better!
    Tell us how they’re made, very neat!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Tell us how they’re made,

They are laminated.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

They are laminated.

Are they just pictures? They look more like renderings, I dig it

#16 5 years ago

They are very easy to work with. https://mondialgroup.com/gottlieb.htm

#17 5 years ago

I just took photos of my wedgheads and printed them on quality paper and laminated them with very heavy “pocket” plastic. Very easy and they really look cool hanging up. You can size them to what ever you want. You could do it with any machine. Nothing special. Just cool.

#18 5 years ago

I hate keys that are left hanging from the coin door, but I also hate having to fetch a key from across the room. Solution? Hang them on the inside edge of a leg with a magnetic hook. Super convenient.

hooker (resized).jpeghooker (resized).jpeg

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

I hate keys that are left hanging from the coin door, but I also hate having to fetch a key from across the room. Solution? Hang them on the inside edge of a leg with a magnetic hook. Super convenient.
    [quoted image]

I like that...I usually stuff them in the coin return. This is more elegant...but with my brain I'd forget I put them there...lol

#20 5 years ago

Key fobs with pictures of the games would make it easier to see which key goes with which game. I've been planning to buy some plastic key fobs and make my own.

Something like this where I can insert photos of my games. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50pcs-Wholesale-Personalized-Clear-Acrylic-Plastic-Blank-Keyrings-Photo-Insert-Keyfob/32848258624.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-fobs-for-my-wedgheads?hl=steamvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.