By FirebrandX

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bullwinkle pinball right slingshot art comparison.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So I just obtained a NOS key fob for my R&B machine. I was wondering a few things about key fobs:

Were they packaged with the machine when new, or did you have to order them separately? Were they meant to be put on the keys that unlock the machine? Lastly as it pertains to Data East machines, what all normally came packaged with the machine if you ordered a new one from the company at the time?

Thanks to anyone that knows for sure on these questions!

#2 9 years ago

They came with the game in the goodie bag.

They were intended to be left unopened in the game or at the bottom of so op's tool box.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Can you describe what came in the "goodie bag" generally speaking?

Also, I don't quite understand your 2nd line. Was that a joke?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Can you describe what came in the "goodie bag" generally speaking?

Could be spare slingshot plastics, clip to hold high power interlock closed, bill validator connector, a couple fuses and light bulbs, theft proof torx wrench, etc. etc. Could vary from game to game.

Quoted from FirebrandX:

Also, I don't quite understand your 2nd line. Was that a joke?

No, that is where ops toss crap like this and eventually it works it's way to the bottom of the tool box, if the op just doesn't leave it in the game.

No joke, just a fact of op hood.

LTG : )™

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be spare slingshot plastics, clip to hold high power interlock closed, bill validator connector, a couple fuses and light bulbs, theft proof torx wrench, etc. etc. Could vary from game to game.

Ah that makes sense as I've noticed the "replacement" slingshot plastics on R&B are actually different than the ones that came installed in the machine. I've got NOS sets of both, and wondered why some were different. Thanks for the info!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Ah that makes sense as I've noticed the "replacement" slingshot plastics on R&B are actually different than the ones that came installed in the machine. I've got NOS sets of both, and wondered why some were different. Thanks for the info!

I wonder if that is a Data East thing. I know Jurassic Park was the same where the spare slingshot plastics are alternate designs.

#7 9 years ago

Star wars had 2 totally different slingshot plastic sets.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I wonder if that is a Data East thing. I know Jurassic Park was the same where the spare slingshot plastics are alternate designs.

It must be a DE thing. Here's a pic of the right slingshot art for my R&B machine. On the left is the original design that comes installed, and on the right is the replacement version. Notice the alignment is different and the artist's number mark is missing. Both pieces are confirmed NOS.
bullwinkle pinball right slingshot art comparison.jpgbullwinkle pinball right slingshot art comparison.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-fob-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.