12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

So A friend and myself went around to 3 locksmith's in the city this week to find someone who could duplicate my coin door keys. I just want spares, one to keep with the machines, and another to have on a wall somewhere as backup.

Nobody could duplicate them.

Has anybody here ever duplicated their keys, and what do I need to do?

#2 12 years ago

Buy a few of these. All keyed alike, and prob cheaper than a locksmith.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=20&parent=45

#3 12 years ago

Is this something that they can do at Home Depot or Lowes? They have a key duplicator machine at both places. I'm guessing they'd have to have the same or close to size key in order to do it.

#4 12 years ago

Lowes didn't have the right keys when I went to duplicate coin door stuff. They could do house keys, but not much else.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Lowes didn't have the right keys when I went to duplicate coin door stuff. They could do house keys, but not much else.

pretty much what I ran into everywhere I checked.

#6 12 years ago

When I bought my pin the guy who sold it to me had replaced the coin door lock with a new one, and it came with a new set of keys.

Surely there is a place that sells pinball parts that has a coin door lock and keys...
    I know people replace them all the time.

I have 2 keys, don't need any more than that. 1 stays in the door and 1 on the backbox.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

Surely there is a place that sells pinball parts that has a coin door lock and keys...
    I know people replace them all the time.

Quoted from hawkeye11:

Buy a few of these. All keyed alike, and prob cheaper than a locksmith.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=20&parent=45

#8 12 years ago

Thanks Dude, thought my posts were invisible or something.

#9 12 years ago

Most machines have disk tumbler locks and blanks can be hard to get so most don't stock them. I stock very few of those type myself. If you want to find them your best bet is to find a locksmith who has been in the same place since the machine was built. Or get new locks like others said. A key copy should be cheaper at a locksmith shop it's just finding the out dated key blanks. Locks trend like car models, all ways evolving...

Jarrod L. Weber
    Jarrod's Lock & Lawnmower Repair

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-duplication and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.