Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Peek.gif
Cuckoo_clock_2.gif
Are-You-Threatening-Me-cornhoilo-26700.jpg
kingpin.jpg
batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
CFR-12JR-30K.jpg
mm_032.JPG
mm_031.JPG
mm_030.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_028.JPG
mm_027.JPG
mm_026.JPG
mm_025.JPG
mm_024.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Chad Keller is, along with Chris from High End Pins, one of the two most accomplished and respected pinball restoration guys in the world. The nicest pin I have ever seen in my life was a Keller-restored MB.

I sold a Keller restored MM in April of this year for 15k (went to a retailer, who I believe added 3k and sold it for 18k). I only kept it 3 months...wasn't really that impressed with the restoration or the way my example played. Chad is a super competent/nice guy and stands behind his companies work...I just think I got a dud. A problem with some of the restoration shops is demand has grown and like anything custom made, you need to get lucky with who actually does the work. Was also not happy with the reproduction PF...had obvious imperfections that should have been touched up.

Lesson learned: don't assume that because a pin is super expensive and restored by a "big name" restorer that it's flawless!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveW:

I've seen a dozen recent HEPs (A local collector's), owned multiple Bryan Kelly restores, and seen one Keller in person. Maybe it's not fair to judge based on a sample size of one but Keller's restoration didn't measure up to Bryan's. HEP (Chris) is clearly in a league of his own. Based on what I've seen with my own two eyes:
1 - HEP
2 - Bryan Kelly
3 - Mike Dallas (FL)
4 - Chad Keller
I've only seen Jim McCune's work in pictures, but I'm guessing he belongs somewhere in the above list. For the record, they all do insanely nice work and would be happy to own any of them. I just got a little irked when you mentioned "the two most". It's a crowded field of talented restorers after HEP.
Steve

Hey Steve, having fun with BK's TZ? Hope so

I'm a fan of Mike Dallas restorations, however he only restores his own machines (and doesn't sell them). When you are doing the restorations for yourself and cost isn't an issue, it's a different ball game. This doesn't take anything away from Mike's work, just worth noting.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you want a Chad Keller restored MM, just get it directly from him. He has one listed on his website for 17500, that saves you about 5500.

Good point...but this one is signed by Lyman Sheets!

The following MM just sold on Pinside and looks like it was priced well - the feature set is incredible (even without Lyman's signature

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-beautiful-near-flawless-custom-mm

I usually don't like commenting on someone's price, but this is a bit out of bounds. Sure there are plenty of "rich folk" that enjoy pinball, but most folks with $$ don't like getting taken advantage of. Not good karma...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside