Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Peek.gif
Cuckoo_clock_2.gif
Are-You-Threatening-Me-cornhoilo-26700.jpg
kingpin.jpg
batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
CFR-12JR-30K.jpg
mm_032.JPG
mm_031.JPG
mm_030.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_028.JPG
mm_027.JPG
mm_026.JPG
mm_025.JPG
mm_024.JPG

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Generally offering someone 5k less than an asking price is viewed as a dick move IMO.

Was this a playfield swap or was everything removed and polished, tumbled, cleaned, etc?

Quoted from cal50:18K FIRM is a lot different than 23K .
(Beautiful game BTW)

Yes it is. ???

#152 6 years ago

Does this come with a Gold certificate of authenticity?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I'd love to buy a nice chevelle. That was my first car.

+1....My first (not hand me down) was a '69 Chevelle

#154 6 years ago

+2 I had a 1970 Chevelle.

#155 6 years ago

it's crazy ass prices like this that kill the hobby for "normal" people who cannot affort such big prizes for machines that cost way, way , waaaaayyy less when new at the time. Putting 6 or 7k on a restore price just because you wont have to sell it....jeezzz... so dont sell it and keep it.

hate people like this...

#156 6 years ago

machine has my original restored and clearcoated playfield in it. all parts were stripped, cleaned, reassembled
new ramps
plastic set
rails replated
plastic set protectors
protector set in front of the castle on the playfield
castle mod with lighted skull eyes
new rubber
new star posts
shaker motor
cabinet decals
combination of cointaker,bcs,pinball life, basically full leds throughout
refurbished cabinet with new decals and stickers (rear of cabinet)
merlin hole protector
pinball pro sub kit
custom instruction cards
i have a full cliffy set for this machine as well that i will include
all four lit archers
extra nos ramp guides
dragon with fire tunge and eyes
lit merlin lit troll on ramp
lit trolls underplayfield
and im sure theres more im missing here

And by the way, with what i paid for the machine, mods, parts and restoration i have close to this in it!
18k firm

JT

#157 6 years ago

playfield was done by Chris @ Playfield renovations

#158 6 years ago

I see your point JT. Buyers want and sometimes expect a little wiggle room to haggle. So, in anticipation you have an initial higher price or cushion to barter.

I recently sold a Gottlieb Reactor vid for $1900 and said "firm". It actually sold quickly and without tons of offers, trades etc. I don’t know what’s better...sell it asking for your -

1. "Firm" price
2. $$$ OBO
3. Price it higher having to deal with offers

Whatever the price, MM is a title that people have to know the type of game they are getting. It's highly sought after and this one is completely restored. They arent going to be cheap. It's a beautiful game from the photos and what others that have seen/play it say.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#159 6 years ago

Are we on RGP here? Come on guys, easy on the unneccesary comments and name calling. Whats the point?

Game looks great.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

There are retailers who work very hard and give very fair pricing. Sorry. But its very right to point out something out of whack. Now if it looks nice and you don't want to know what current market is then you should buy the machine. Seems like a perfect match.
Yes, I will help customers know that a retailer is gauging. Even if he smiled and was nice to me at a booth.

This is a very good statement. When Keller himself is selling an MM for 17.5k (list price) I think it is reasonable that people shazammed the starting price here. I personally would love to own one of these high end MM's, but man, these prices are just crazy...I just can't see spending more than 10k for a pin (and most people would think that price was crazy)...which probably means I'll never be able to justify an MM purchase.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

these prices are just crazy...I just can't see spending more than 10k for a pin (and most people would think that price was crazy)

10k ????????? Man, I can't justify paying more than $2500. Then again, I live in the past world where $2/gallon gas was ripping people off.

I remember when I was in the midst of earning my BSEE, I would be doing Digital Logic ALL day during the summer of 2009. For a "brain break", I'd jump on eBay and look at pins, telling myself "I'm going to own a pin - SOME pin - someday." I remembered AFM from back in 1996 when I was 15 playing it and loving that game - WAY before the game had the insane cult-like-pay-any-price-to-own-one reputation it has now. So I looked it up, it had hit around $3000, and I thought "Ok, that's a bit steep, but I'd be willing to pay it for my child-hood favorite pinball machine."

In 3 years, it has jumped to nearly $9000-$10000 - 3x the price in 3 years. Absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who tells me people paying higher prices does not pinflate the prce of pins needs to look at the trend that AFM and MM have. People willing to pay higher prices DOES cause pinflation.

Or you could call it "supply and demand" - just like crude oil - right...? Right ?

I remember wen I first jumped into this hobby in March, I thought to myself in a tongue-in-cheek manner "Crude oil and pinball are following the same trend." More and more, I'm starting to wonder if I was onto something early ... ._.

#162 6 years ago

Attempting to keep the tread happy with a picture of a kitty...

Peek.gif

#164 6 years ago

See the boy.

The boy has a cat!

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

HAHAHA!!!

#166 6 years ago

I thought the Hogwarts people cured her when she turned herseld into a cat. That must be some residual side effects.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I still have mine, paid $2700 brand new.
I did not keep it minty fresh, it was out with the other ones I had, earning money.
Funny thing is that everybody loves them now, but they were never a good earner back in the day. Pinheads would complain that it was "too many toys", "too goofy" and "not pinball".

Nailed it

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Needs to be pet...

1 week later
#171 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Want to see the pic without the kitty.....

#172 6 years ago

Congrats on the sale.

#173 6 years ago

How much for the HUO monster bash?

#174 6 years ago

Oh, now I get it. You were selling THREE at that price.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside