Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Peek.gif
Cuckoo_clock_2.gif
Are-You-Threatening-Me-cornhoilo-26700.jpg
kingpin.jpg
batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
CFR-12JR-30K.jpg
mm_032.JPG
mm_031.JPG
mm_030.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_028.JPG
mm_027.JPG
mm_026.JPG
mm_025.JPG
mm_024.JPG

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

I hear ya but the blatant greed has me seeing red.

Because an asking price of a never seen before threshold that's approximately 25% (or $7,000) more than buying a core and getting a masterpiece back from HEP hurts all hobbyists in the long run by artificially inflating prices--therefore contributing to an unsustainable bubble.

On the other hand, say the bubble does continue--and then people start asking $30,000 or more for restored MMs...and the uninformed keep buying.

Well somebody's going to be left holding that bag...or the collective bag.

Perhaps this will explain some of the anger.

My 2 cents only of course--but you did ask why.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Because an asking price of a never seen before threshold that's approximately 25% (or $7,000) more than buying a core and getting a masterpiece back from HEP hurts all hobbyists in the long run by artificially inflating prices--therefore contributing to an unsustainable bubble.

On the other hand, say the bubble does continue--and then people start asking $30,000 or more for restored MMs...and the uninformed keep buying.

Well somebody's going to be left holding that bag...or the collective bag.

Perhaps this will explain some of the anger to you.

My 2 cents only of course--but you did ask why.

His price does not artificially inflate prices.

You're concerned that somebody will pay 30k for a pin and the bubble will burst leaving them holding a bad investment?

Like I said before, if somebody has 30k of disposable income to spend on a toy, instead of telling them that how crazy they are, I'm going to ask them for financial advise.

Plus, he is posting it on Pinside, a place people gather to talk about pinball. The 2nd Worst Place ever to get an uninformed buyer to over pay. (RGP is first as it is not moderated)

Targeting a MM buyer, who knows who Lyman Sheets is, who knows what a Keller restore is, who has read the Shazams on this thread, is going to be uninformed enough to cough up 23k after 50 posts?

Just my 2 cents.

#103 6 years ago

Shit I will give you a 30k and if you are nice maybe 2 of them.

CFR-12JR-30K.jpg batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

My two cents

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

...Targeting a MM buyer, who knows who Lyman Sheets is, who knows what a Keller restore is, who has read the Shazams on this thread, is going to be uninformed enough to cough up 23k after 50 posts?

Wasn't referring to this thread solely--but it matters not: we evidently have opposing views on the matter...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Heads vs. tails.

Happy flippin'.

#105 6 years ago

Better get that flipper rubber down, it's raised and will make dirty balls start to wear into the clearcoat.

Thanks for the pics, Now I understand the price. (approx. 2k extra for each lame figure). ^_^

#106 6 years ago

JT is a personal friend of mine and he has stated 23k was a starting price more than a handful of times. If he would have said 19k start then you would all want it for 14K. This post is absolutely ridiculous as it has just gotten out of control. You can disagree with him but calling him D-bag is just childish and you need to get a life.. IMHO
Joe

#107 6 years ago

Hey everybody calm down. It turns out he is a friend of Joe. Must be a good price then ; )

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Hey everybody calm down. It turns out he is a friend of Joe. Must be a good price then ; )

That's not it at all. I am not defending the price I am stating that the name calling is wrong. I played this game at Expo and it was awesome.. Is the price correct?, don't know I am not in the market for one. Has anybody made JT an offer?? When you buy a car is the lowest number they will take on the window..no, it 's not, they are starting points.

#109 6 years ago

The starting price is ridiculous, regardless of how nice the game is or how nice the guy is. I agree he doesn't need to be called names, but he knew this post would cause a stir...so I'm sure he doesn't care anyhow..

**edit**

I'll start the bidding at 8k if this is an auction...

#110 6 years ago

Again, good luck with sale. IMO id take a HUO over that anyday. Besides that I don't like all the toy mods(u could sell them and lower the price like 2000 since those mods are hundreds of dollars) it needs mirror blades, a color DMD, white rubber, different flipper color, leg protectors, topper etc. than u could start talking $

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The starting price is ridiculous ...

I agree.. but you have to start somewhere. It did get the word out that he has one though. Mission accomplished!

#112 6 years ago

Joe - maybe he does not know about the market ads? At least there he would be spared commentary.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'll start the bidding at 8k if this is an auction...

$8.5K

#114 6 years ago

No such thing as bad publicity?

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

No such thing as bad publicity?

Probably not this time. Pretty safe to say a retailer starting with such crazy prices undermines the confidence to buy with him at all. We should mention Pincades in every reply so any customer thinking of buying from him hits this when they google.

He certainly won't have customers from here.

#116 6 years ago

Don't get Munsoned.......

kingpin.jpg

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Probably not this time. Pretty safe to say a retailer starting with such crazy prices undermines the confidence to buy with him at all. We should mention Pincades in every reply so any customer thinking of buying from him hits this when they google.
He certainly won't have customers from here.

This doesn't feel right to me. My wife and I stopped by his booth on Friday night and talked with him for about 5 minutes. He seems like a nice guy. I'd have a really hard time undermining his business just because his asking price seems high. I may not buy it, but I wouldn't try to dissuade others if they have the means.
This is a hobby for me and not a living. Why try to bring him down? I don't get it.
BTW - It was an extremely sharp looking MM.

#118 6 years ago

There are retailers who work very hard and give very fair pricing. Sorry. But its very right to point out something out of whack. Now if it looks nice and you don't want to know what current market is then you should buy the machine. Seems like a perfect match.
Yes, I will help customers know that a retailer is gauging. Even if he smiled and was nice to me at a booth.

#119 6 years ago

I'll take it just waiting on my money from the Nigerian Prince I am apparently related too.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

This doesn't feel right to me. My wife and I stopped by his booth on Friday night and talked with him for about 5 minutes. He seems like a nice guy. I'd have a really hard time undermining his business just because his asking price seems high. I may not buy it, but I wouldn't try to dissuade others if they have the means.
This is a hobby for me and not a living. Why try to bring him down? I don't get it.
BTW - It was an extremely sharp looking MM.

It maybe that he is a nice guy but clearly lacks proper judgement if he expected to come here,or RGP, and receive anything but derision. BTW, If you are a regular seller of any items here on Pinside,I would caution against taking any stand or defending this post. Clearly,bad for business.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

It maybe that he is a nice guy but clearly lacks proper judgement if he expected to come here,or RGP, and receive anything but derision. BTW, If you are a regular seller of any items here on Pinside,I would caution against taking any stand or defending this post. Clearly,bad for business.

Sell games? Haha, now that sounds like my wife

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

First off im not an Op im a collector and retail store owner (Pincades). Im also the chicagoland JJP distributor. ALot of you know me and have seen my collection.

Yes, that is one SWEEET Nascar that you own.

#123 6 years ago

BTW, If you are a regular seller of any items here on Pinside,I would caution against taking any stand or defending this post.

Are-You-Threatening-Me-cornhoilo-26700.jpg

#124 6 years ago

All he has to do is take the ads to the market instead of the forum. Placing ads for discussion invites just that.

#125 6 years ago

times are changing....I think the top has been hit. To think 5 years ago I passed on a 6k MM that was HUO documented and simply perfect. I thought that was crazy $ back then. AFM for 3500 and MB for the same. Man what an investment that would of been. Prices can't keep rising like they have over the past 2 to 3 years. Name calling isn't good but the starting price wasn't either. It does look very nice.

#126 6 years ago

Prices can keep going up. That G4 exposure is a prime example. If 100 new pinheads were created from the thousands that saw that, then demand just went up and supply stayed the same.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Heres the scoop fellas, some may have seen it @ expo this weekend.
It was the first one being finished in kellers booth this weekend, with all the mods.
I DO NOT NEED TO SELL THIS
but figured i would list it
I can get pics if needed. it is a complete restoration. not a ipb playfield either, chad too k pine and had it touched up and cleared so it is the original playfield.
Those who saw it can vouch it is very nice
23k obo
last on TC sold went for 24k
i had offers up to 17k already
i dont wan to deal with flea bay BS either.
Id rather have cash, but i open to multiple pin, or pins , + cash
JT
Pincades

It takes a lot of guts for someone to ask $23K for a MM and in the same paragraph to bash Ebay for their BS. I guess the BS is that Ebay would actually charge a small fee for their service to find the true market price that this MM should sell for. And it would be way under $23K.

I guess that is why you call it BS.

#128 6 years ago

People said the ceiling was hit for A list pins 7 months ago. Prices can and will continue to rise on pins that are popular and in limited quantities. There will be people five years from now kicking themselves saying "I wish I bought a MM when it was 15k".

#129 6 years ago

I should have bought a MM at 5.2k 18 months ago. Why invest in Wall Street when Pins are showing much better Return on Investment.

I do agree, name calling is wrong. But understand the outrage that these prices are creating and how the affects will be felt for years to come.

#130 6 years ago

With a production of 4000 or so are MM's really difficult to find? Could one find an above average shopped but not high end restoration?

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

With a production of 4000 or so are MM's really difficult to find? Could one find an above average shopped but not high end restoration?

Yes

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It seems most people who seriously look for one are able to find them. I've never really tried given the cost of them now a days. I think most sales on the higher priced pins are more of a private affair and not out in the public. Just look at the backlash this seller is taking. I can see why a lot of people would rather just not deal with it when selling a $10k+ pinball machine.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Just look at the backlash this seller is taking. I can see why a lot of people would rather just not deal with it when selling a $10k+ pinball machine.

To be fair Alex just sold one publicly at 15k. But thats the right price for a high end MM.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

To be fair Alex just sold one publicly at 15k. But thats the right price for a high end MM.

I hear ya. I also agree that 23k is very high, even for a high end resto MM, but also believe anyone can ask whatever they want for something they're selling. It just seems whenever games like MM, AFM, etc. come up for sale the threads a lot of times derail into the sellers being greedy, people paying these prices are stupid and hurting the hobby.

I get it, we don't want to see games selling for so much, but the reality of it is, that they are. I remember when MM were $5k and only about $8k restored not to long ago, as in about 5 years ago. Buyers determine the market in my eyes, so as long as there is a buyer out there, machines will continue to sell for these high prices.

#135 6 years ago

I believe a seller can ask anything he wants for a machine... but I've never been a fan of the "I don't need to sell this" attitude. It gives me a icky feeling like all they care about is finding a big fish and scoring. I guess it is what it is just don't be so overt about it.

#136 6 years ago

I agree. My point is there was one very nicely restored for 15k and you can buy another one from TC for 17k. And there are buyers. Jumping up to 23 from the top tier is laughable..today. May get there but folks need to know thats not the price or it will become it for someone by accident.
The poster asking about MMs. There are plenty of folks that bought one at X amount that will sell you one. Post here and on RGP. For these prices you will get one. For 23k you will get at least 10 offers or more. For 17k you can get a TC. For 11-12 you will get a few guys willing to get off the pot. For 10k an OP will take one off route.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I believe a seller can ask anything he wants for a machine... but I've never been a fan of the "I don't need to sell this" attitude. It gives me a icky feeling like all they care about is finding a big fish and scoring.

I tend to agree with this. Because of the crazy upswing in the pinball market, we are seeing more and more people offering games at ridiculous prices with the caveat "I don't need to sell this". It's kind of like saying, "I'm willing to screw someone if they are stupid or desperate enough to bite". It's one thing to take advantage of someone on eBay or craigslist, but Pinside consists mostly of hobbyists. To me, selling games in this fashion is not a very community friendly approach.

#138 6 years ago

I defend his right to ask for whatever he wants...and I defend your right not to buy it. Sheesh, does it need to be any more difficult than that?

Cuckoo_clock_2.gif

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Alex's MM is AMAZING and deserves every bit of that price (if not more)

The powder coating, brand new cabinet e.t.c., extra decals e.t.c. really put it in a different category all on it's own

#140 6 years ago

I know. I actually thought twice on his. That was one MM that was really new again.

#141 6 years ago

That thing looks goooorgeous man! Good luck on the sale! Museum piece

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Alex's MM is AMAZING and deserves every bit of that price (if not more)
The powder coating, brand new cabinet e.t.c., extra decals e.t.c. really put it in a different category all on it's own

It is amazing AND the price is also amazing.

Stating in a for sale ad "I really do not have to sell this" along with what could possible be a record price puts the ad in a different category as well.

If someone has the coin there are several nice MM, TAF, RFM, etc. available.
This one just happens to be what is possible a world record for pricing which most people based on the comments thinks is way over the top. To each his own.

#143 6 years ago

I have had games that I said I would never sell.

But like they say "Every man has his price", and when someone throws down stupid money, the game goes out the door.

Let him ask 50K for it, who cares? It's not hurting you.

#144 6 years ago

Time out. Alex's amazing MM just sold for 15k. Different game. In many opinions nicer as well. This a nice MM, very nice. Easily worth 13-17k. 23…not so much. But remember the seller is not an OP. He is a collector first and also a retailer ; )

#145 6 years ago

i knew this was going to exploid when i listed it. to be honest my bottom price is 18k for this
and im not out to screw anybody!
its is out of my personal collection!
ive sold alot of games to pinsiders woz, tom,totan,AFM and more. and everybody was happy.

if i would have put it up for 18k, i would have been offered 13k thats why i said it was a STARTING POINT FELLAS.
thanks and happy flippin
JT

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

i knew this was going to exploid when i listed it. to be honest my bottom price is 18k for this

I would go back to the guy who offered 17K and wrap it up. That's pretty darn close.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

its is out of my personal collection!
ive sold alot of games to pinsiders woz, tom,totan,AFM and more. and everybody was happy.
if i would have put it up for 18k, i would have been offered 13k thats why i said it was a STARTING POINT FELLAS.
thanks and happy flippin
JT

I can see what your saying but it may have been easier if you just listed it at 18k and firm on price. A lot less headache for yourself.

#148 6 years ago

Generally offering someone 5k less than an asking price is viewed as a dick move IMO.

Was this a playfield swap or was everything removed and polished, tumbled, cleaned, etc?

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Generally offering someone 5k less than an asking price is viewed as a dick move IMO

18K FIRM is a lot different than 23K .

(Beautiful game BTW)

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

mm or chevelle? which would be more fun?

I'd love to buy a nice chevelle. That was my first car.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside