Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Peek.gif
Cuckoo_clock_2.gif
Are-You-Threatening-Me-cornhoilo-26700.jpg
kingpin.jpg
batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
CFR-12JR-30K.jpg
mm_032.JPG
mm_031.JPG
mm_030.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_028.JPG
mm_027.JPG
mm_026.JPG
mm_025.JPG
mm_024.JPG

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

You want $24,000 for a pinball machine. You don't want to deal with BS either. You'd greatly prefer someone local drive up, and give you $24,000 cash because fleabay sucks.

I assume you also want pigs to fly and you would prefer to find gold at the end of the rainbow too.

Man, we all have that "price we can't refuse." You gotta understand, there is a reason it's referred to as the "price we can't refuse" and not what we would rationally ask for a game. In this case, you seem to have confused the two.

Quoted from Jamaster10:

Heres the scoop fellas, some may have seen it @ expo this weekend.
It was the first one being finished in kellers booth this weekend, with all the mods.
I DO NOT NEED TO SELL THIS
but figured i would list it
I can get pics if needed. it is a complete restoration. not a ipb playfield either, chad too k pine and had it touched up and cleared so it is the original playfield.
Those who saw it can vouch it is very nice
23k obo
last on TC sold went for 24k
i had offers up to 17k already
i dont wan to deal with flea bay BS either.
Id rather have cash, but i open to multiple pin, or pins , + cash

JT
Pincades
219-924-PINS

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

First off im not an Op

When i said Op I meant Original Poster. I should have said seller. Sorry.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The guy who can afford this MM may easily have something that would put that car to shame.
Just sayin.....

just comparing fun in the price range, rich guy. it's another toy. everyone has different levels of what fun is. going out and enjoying life, or stay home playing one pinball machine for $24,000.00.

#54 7 years ago

pigs fly, that would be dangerous they shit alot. But funny shit though
everyone would like to find gold at the end ot he rainbow. Wouldn't you?
And absolutly 24k when i said 23k was a starting point. LOL
ANd yes i hate dealing with ebay and feeding them greedy bastards more of my money!
but if thats the route you wanna take great, you pay the feas and such, i have a 100% feedback score.

#55 7 years ago

It is OK to comment but some are in pretty bad taste. Be nice.

Edit: OP just posted above me right when I did. You can see he is not happy people are crapping on his thread. Before you post something, ask if that is something you want to hear in your thread. With the prices these have been going for, it does not seem like a bad starting point. If the price offends you, spend your money elsewhere.

#56 7 years ago

eBay is so greedy!

#57 7 years ago

I thought opening a thread also opened you up to criticism? If you don't want comments (good and bad), i thought a simple marketplace ad was the way to go. Have the rules of engagement changed? I got crucified in one of my f.s. ads awhile back. I lived with it.

#58 7 years ago

Unless the rule has changed, I think people can question a $23K MM. Anyone want my White Water for $10K?

#59 7 years ago

prices are getting so dumb. $24,000.00 jesus christ

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

If that's the case (which i thought it was), does anyone think Jamaster is in this business to break even? lol
I am not defending the price, but if he paid going rate that you mention plus a $6K resto, he's only received an offer that will net a $1K profit. I wouldn't spend $16K to make $1K.

I'm not suggesting that he's trying to break even. My point is that someone could spend far less than his asking price to have a game restored by any restorer in the country. An asking price that is 7000 over a full restoration is what I don't get. Maybe MM cost a crazy amount to restore but I don't see how it adds up.

#61 7 years ago

Shazam! Core plus 6k gets you the kitchen sink.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

sorry its sideways
for those who dont know thats lymann sheets in the pic
JT

$23k and no color DMD? For reelz? How about this: my HUO LOTR, my HUO sm, my minty CSI, my Future Spa, my iPad with all the FarSight pinball games on it. aND iPhone with same. All my mike shaloub pinball books, my life time free play card at Reciprocol skateboards, my left nut and the cell phone number of my kronic connection for the MM?

Oh shit, never mind, I'm still short $10k.

#63 7 years ago

Dawg...never the chronic connect...that's a lifetime achievement.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Does it have NAVI built in and how many miles per gallon does it get?

No but it has NAVI scoring!

#65 7 years ago

I disagree with you. When a seller comes in with a no bullshit ad with a reasonable price I think they should be praised. But when a seller comes in with a game that is obviously thousands of dollars overpriced, I think they deserve to take shit for it.

The seller is obviously very aware of Ebay, and I'm sure he's heard of Craigslist and probably even the marketplace on pinside. All places he can go and sell his game without being commented on or having to listen to anyone's opinion.

I say, if someone posts some BS, let's call it out. And if it's not BS, that'll get called out as well.

Unless we want to see the Pinside "community" turn into a bunch of people competing for who can screw their fellow pinball collector out of the most money.

Quoted from absocountry2:

You can see he is not happy people are crapping on his thread. Before you post something, ask if that is something you want to hear in your thread.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Chad Keller is, along with Chris from High End Pins, one of the two most accomplished and respected pinball restoration guys in the world. The nicest pin I have ever seen in my life was a Keller-restored MB.

I've seen a dozen recent HEPs (A local collector's), owned multiple Bryan Kelly restores, and seen one Keller in person. Maybe it's not fair to judge based on a sample size of one but Keller's restoration didn't measure up to Bryan's. HEP (Chris) is clearly in a league of his own. Based on what I've seen with my own two eyes:

1 - HEP
2 - Bryan Kelly
3 - Mike Dallas (FL)
4 - Chad Keller

I've only seen Jim McCune's work in pictures, but I'm guessing he belongs somewhere in the above list. For the record, they all do insanely nice work and would be happy to own any of them. I just got a little irked when you mentioned "the two most". It's a crowded field of talented restorers after HEP.

Steve

#67 7 years ago

And yet another reason I love my hyper pin cab. Just played mm on it and had a ton of fun.

#68 7 years ago

You should have taked the 17k offer since that person was not thinking correctly.

There is a cap to anything and with pins its not hard to determine. Even if I or someone on this thread had money falling out of their ass I doubt anyone would even consider above 16k or so.

I know if I stood playing a 15k MM the minute I do not feel satisfied I would kick myself for days. With a Sub 10k machine there is not the pressure to really really enjoy and worship the machine.

#69 7 years ago

It is a funny post, two things come to mind.....

1) If you really do not want to sell it why even list it?
(I know , trolling for a big fish )

2)Its really a waste of bandwidth to list items with insane prices that have the same chances of selling as hitting a lottery someplace IMHO.

If more of these types of ad's get posted a flagging system should be implemented to nuke them.

I think most people that are into pins are suspect the market has peaked and a lot of pins are for sale with people trying to get top dollar, which is fine. Its the insane pricing as someone else has said that brings the comments. Public forum and everything is fair game. If you can ask that price with a straight face you should have no problems with various comments.

Damn nice game BTW and good luck with the sale.

#70 7 years ago

Good luck with sale! Anyone know of a restorer that has a Dracula cabinet?

#71 7 years ago

My BSD is for sale too, it was originally 2500 a month ago, 5k yesterday, now I want 9000, but I don't need to sell it...

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My BSD is for sale too, it was originally 2500 a month ago, 5k yesterday, now I want 9000, but I don't need to sell it...

Don't worry, you won't.

#73 7 years ago

There's a sucker born every minute.
-P.T. Barnum

#74 7 years ago

It doesn't appear to have the color DMD? One would think for that asking price it would include at least the color DMD or some bling.

#75 7 years ago

If you want a Chad Keller restored MM, just get it directly from him. He has one listed on his website for 17500, that saves you about 5500.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveW:

I've seen a dozen recent HEPs (A local collector's), owned multiple Bryan Kelly restores, and seen one Keller in person. Maybe it's not fair to judge based on a sample size of one but Keller's restoration didn't measure up to Bryan's. HEP (Chris) is clearly in a league of his own. Based on what I've seen with my own two eyes:
1 - HEP
2 - Bryan Kelly
3 - Mike Dallas (FL)
4 - Chad Keller
I've only seen Jim McCune's work in pictures, but I'm guessing he belongs somewhere in the above list. For the record, they all do insanely nice work and would be happy to own any of them. I just got a little irked when you mentioned "the two most". It's a crowded field of talented restorers after HEP.
Steve

Hey Steve, having fun with BK's TZ? Hope so

I'm a fan of Mike Dallas restorations, however he only restores his own machines (and doesn't sell them). When you are doing the restorations for yourself and cost isn't an issue, it's a different ball game. This doesn't take anything away from Mike's work, just worth noting.

#77 7 years ago

might be hard to argue this one. (keller's website MM fs)

#78 7 years ago

When I see a retailer price a game like this all I can think is.....

"trying to find a sucker"

Why would I want to buy a game from a guy who I feel is trying to take advantage of his customers? If I ever bought something from you I would have the same feeling.

Good luck selling your game. I know who I won't be buying from in the future.

#79 7 years ago

$24-25,000 for one pin? I have that much in BBH,24,CSI, POTC, BDK, IM, Sopranos, most of which are HUO. Bang for the buck, and a lot more fun.

#80 7 years ago

I would rather light my money on fire than give it to this rip off artist.

#81 7 years ago

more pics

mm_010.JPG mm_011.JPG mm_012.JPG mm_013.JPG mm_014.JPG mm_015.JPG

#82 7 years ago

more pics

mm_016.JPG mm_017.JPG mm_018.JPG mm_019.JPG mm_020.JPG mm_021.JPG

#83 7 years ago

more pics

mm_022.JPG mm_023.JPG mm_024.JPG mm_025.JPG mm_026.JPG mm_027.JPG

#84 7 years ago

more

mm_028.JPG mm_029.JPG mm_029.JPG mm_030.JPG mm_031.JPG mm_032.JPG

#85 7 years ago

Stock cab speaker, black rubber, and no colored Cliffy posts? Fix that and you can sell it for $30K.

#86 7 years ago

i will put the pinball pro sub back in it. i havent had the chance im still unpacking from the show.
i hate white rubber
i can make the post any color for you
JT

#87 7 years ago

Dirty cab and wiring harness? Crazy.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you want a Chad Keller restored MM, just get it directly from him. He has one listed on his website for 17500, that saves you about 5500.

Good point...but this one is signed by Lyman Sheets!

The following MM just sold on Pinside and looks like it was priced well - the feature set is incredible (even without Lyman's signature

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-beautiful-near-flawless-custom-mm

I usually don't like commenting on someone's price, but this is a bit out of bounds. Sure there are plenty of "rich folk" that enjoy pinball, but most folks with $$ don't like getting taken advantage of. Not good karma...

#89 7 years ago

23k was a starting point fellas!!!!!!!

#90 7 years ago

What a d-bag!!!

#91 7 years ago

Ok I'll offer $4K as a starting point.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I DO NOT NEED TO SELL THIS
23k obo
last on TC sold went for 24k
i had offers up to 17k already

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

What a d-bag!!!

You can disagree with his price without getting into name calling.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ok I'll offer $4K as a starting point.

Jay - you might want to start with an offer of $0 then barter back & forth until you meet in the middle. Just a suggestion! -ha

#95 7 years ago

For this guy d-bag is a compliment

#96 7 years ago

Relax with the "d-bag comments", damionrowe. We get it, you don't like his asking price. You are more than welcome to express your disapproval, but there is no need for such nastiness.

#97 7 years ago

I hear ya but the blatant greed has me seeing red.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

I hear ya but the blatant greed has me seeing red.

Why?

1. Don't know why he is selling it. Somebody sold one yesterday because of a family emergency, I prayed he got as much as he could for it.

2. Anybody that buys it for 23k has a lot of money and probably doesn't need your pity as the can afford 23k for a pinball without batting an eyelash of doing the research to see what it is worth.

His post is not worthy of anger, or anybody calling him a name.

#99 7 years ago

Why worry what someone is asking for a pin, any pin, that you probably don't plan on buying anyways? Who cares? Do you get mad everytime anything is overpriced? Just go on to the next item in life, no big deal. Only question the buyers, if you need to, never the sellers.

#100 7 years ago

If I still had my MM, I'd be praying for this to sell at the asking price.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside