mm_030.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_029.JPG
mm_028.JPG
mm_027.JPG
mm_026.JPG
mm_025.JPG
mm_024.JPG
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

Heres the scoop fellas, some may have seen it @ expo this weekend.
It was the first one being finished in kellers booth this weekend, with all the mods.
but figured i would list it
it is a complete restoration. not a ipb playfield either, chad took mine and had it touched up and cleared so it is the original playfield. (chris @ playfield renovaitons)
machine has my original restored and clearcoated playfield in it. all parts were stripped, cleaned, reassembled
new ramps
plastic set
rails replated
plastic set protectors
protector set in front of the castle on the playfield
castle mod with lighted skull eyes
new rubber
new star posts
shaker motor
cabinet decals
combination of cointaker,bcs,pinball life, basically full leds throughout
refurbished cabinet with new decals and stickers (rear of cabinet)
merlin hole protector
pinball pro sub kit
custom instruction cards
i have a full cliffy set for this machine as well that i will include
all four lit archers
extra nos ramp guides
dragon with fire tunge and eyes
lit merlin lit troll on ramp
lit trolls underplayfield
and im sure theres more im missing here

And by the way, with what i paid for the machine, mods, parts and restoration i have close to this in it!
18k firm

JT

Those who saw it can vouch it is very nice
JT
Pincades
219-924-PINS mm_006.JPGmm_006.JPG mm_001.JPGmm_001.JPG mm_002.JPGmm_002.JPG mm_004.JPGmm_004.JPG mm_005.JPGmm_005.JPG mm_010.JPGmm_010.JPG

#2 11 years ago

How do you sleep?

#3 11 years ago

Please post pics

#4 11 years ago

Good luck with that.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I DO NOT NEED TO SELL THIS

Quit Yer Yellin'.

#6 11 years ago

Who is this keller guy? He's also got a restored whitewater for sale on CL for $8k that doesn't seem to be selling (started at $8,500).

I know there can be a big difference between restores, but $23k just seems like a whole new level of insanity. That kind of money could buy a pretty nice late model sports car.
chicago.craigslist.org link
bursting-bubble3.jpgbursting-bubble3.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Chad Keller is, along with Chris from High End Pins, one of the two most accomplished and respected pinball restoration guys in the world. The nicest pin I have ever seen in my life was a Keller-restored MB.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Who is this keller guy?

Chad Keller.

#9 11 years ago

What does the abreviation TC mean? "...last on TC sold went for 24k..."

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#10 11 years ago

His work is amazing that is for sure. I feel like I just got a bargain for a restored, CC original PF. If these are really going for this much now. wowzers.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

What does the abreviation TC mean? "...last on TC sold went for 24k..."
Mike
http://www.HabosArcade.com

Treasure Cove

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Chad Keller is, along with Chris from High End Pins, one of the two most accomplished and respected pinball restoration guys in the world. The nicest pin I have ever seen in my life was a Keller-restored MB.

I sold a Keller restored MM in April of this year for 15k (went to a retailer, who I believe added 3k and sold it for 18k). I only kept it 3 months...wasn't really that impressed with the restoration or the way my example played. Chad is a super competent/nice guy and stands behind his companies work...I just think I got a dud. A problem with some of the restoration shops is demand has grown and like anything custom made, you need to get lucky with who actually does the work. Was also not happy with the reproduction PF...had obvious imperfections that should have been touched up.

Lesson learned: don't assume that because a pin is super expensive and restored by a "big name" restorer that it's flawless!

#13 11 years ago

Played Jesse's MM at expo what a nice pin . Good luck with the sale.

#14 11 years ago

sorry to hear your unhappy with your keller machine
i will post pics soon
23k is a staring point fellas
i do not need to sell this
mine is NOT A IPB playfield its an original
its also was signed on the instruction card and underside of the playfeield by lyman sheets
on sunday @ expo

#15 11 years ago

sorry its sideways
for those who dont know thats lymann sheets in the pic
JT

#16 11 years ago

It's actually Lyman F. Sheats, Jr., if'n you wanna split hairs.

#17 11 years ago

thanks dave
we all know i suck at spelling( i still blame it on the hot spelling teaher with skirt and no panties.
i was bad on purpose in class to be put in the front row LOL)
and by the way to the earlier comment i sleep WELL
JT

#18 11 years ago

that's not enough pics...more or it's a well hung Shrek . Seriously though, definitely add that pic to the package. I would love to have a photo of Lyman playing my game, WITH my game.

#19 11 years ago

I would jump on the 17K and do cartwheels to the bank.

#20 11 years ago

i will get pics soon that was off my phone
and by the way i have pics of john borg playing JP lost world and signed it
Joe Balcer playing and signed my godzilla and mike gottleib signed and played my cactus jack
woo hoo

#21 11 years ago

deep pockets

#22 11 years ago

Maybe it's just newbie enthusiasm, but I like having that stuff with my pins. Autographs, pics, etc. Really cool those guys played your pins!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

thanks dave
we all know i suck at spelling

Sorry about bustin' your balls! It was in good fun, i assure you. I'll say good luck with your sale as i'm already in the club. lol.

#24 11 years ago

If you put it out to be played at expo, doesn't that make it routed? Just kidding.
Not sure if I would want Lyman playing my pins. I would never get the GC score off it.

#25 11 years ago

Sorry about bustin' your balls! It was in good fun, i assure you. I'll say good luck with your sale as i'm already in the club (kinda). lol.

#26 11 years ago

Who did the playfield restore? New cabinet or restored? Not knocking your asking price but trying to figure out how it would cost someone upwards of 13000 to restore a game in which almost all parts are available. Even if you used an NOS playfield and brand new cab you've only spent $4000.

#27 11 years ago

ill post every detail with pics soon
restored cabinet, and playfield and loaded with all new parts and mods
JT

#28 11 years ago

It is a good thing that you don't need to sell it because at $23K you won't. To buy one and have it fully restored is in the $14-15K area.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

It is a good thing that you don't need to sell it because at $23K you won't. To buy one and have it fully restored is in the $14-15K area.

I betcha he gets close. All it takes is for some NFL receiver to play an MM at a friend's house, tell his assistant to find the best one they can. The assistant finds the ad on Pinside, calls the owner and negotiates him down to $21.5k. He tells his boss he has a perfect example coming and he "beat the guy up on price" and Voilà, game exchanges hands. Happens all of the time.

Feel free to sub NFL Receiver with Investment Banker, NHL Forward, NBA Point Guard, Social Media Company Owner, etc.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Who did the playfield restore? New cabinet or restored? Not knocking your asking price but trying to figure out how it would cost someone upwards of 13000 to restore a game in which almost all parts are available. Even if you used an NOS playfield and brand new cab you've only spent $4000.

Where do you get this $13K figure from? OP never gave out any numbers about restoration cost that i see?

#32 11 years ago

Wallah?

#33 11 years ago

Sorry, I messed that one up!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Where do you get this $13K figure from? OP never gave out any numbers about restoration cost that i see?

He is saying a MM core game is 10K .

Jim

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

He is saying a MM core game is 10K .
Jim

If that's the case (which i thought it was), does anyone think Jamaster is in this business to break even? lol

I am not defending the price, but if he paid going rate that you mention plus a $6K resto, he's only received an offer that will net a $1K profit. I wouldn't spend $16K to make $1K.

#36 11 years ago

I bet it's cool to be someone who bought MM nib in the 90's and kept it minty fresh over the years. Anyone the original owner of one? What did you pay? Soon you may add $20,000 to your paid price.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I bet it's cool to be someone who bought MM nib in the 90's and kept it minty fresh over the years. Anyone the original owner of one? What did you pay? Soon you may add $20,000 to your paid price.

I still have mine, paid $2700 brand new.

I did not keep it minty fresh, it was out with the other ones I had, earning money.

Funny thing is that everybody loves them now, but they were never a good earner back in the day. Pinheads would complain that it was "too many toys", "too goofy" and "not pinball".

#38 11 years ago

That's funny stuff right there!

#39 11 years ago

Need to see pics to be sure....

Ive seen/played 16-18k MM before and for 24k this thing must be plated in 24k gold.

Pics will help.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Feel free to sub NFL Receiver with Investment Banker, NHL Forward, NBA Point Guard

Yep..or you could wait and pick one up from one of those guys when they file for bankruptcy after their career is over!.....

#41 11 years ago

Does Chad Keller work for Treasure Cove or freelance his services?

#42 11 years ago

Sha...

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Does Chad Keller work for Treasure Cove or freelance his services?

No, but Chad has a relationship with Jesse, as do many others involved in buying, selling and sourcing pins.

#44 11 years ago

Does it have NAVI built in and how many miles per gallon does it get?

#45 11 years ago

mm or chevelle? which would be more fun?

ss.jpgss.jpg

#46 11 years ago

fun=car. money well spent=?

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

The guy who can afford this MM may easily have something that would put that car to shame.

Just sayin.....

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I will take the MM every day of the week! Just saying...

#49 11 years ago

moving to marletplace sub-forum

#50 11 years ago

First off im not an Op im a collector and retail store owner (Pincades). Im also the chicagoland JJP distributor. ALot of you know me and have seen my collection. Or may have been @ expo and seen it being finished in Kellers booth before it was moved into mine. Core games (MM) are bringing 9k plus right now to retoration guys.
Hell ive owned it for 5-6 yrs before i even decicded to get it restored.
Ill be in the shop tommorow oraganizing pins and will add pics then.
This is just like when i sold my IJ for 6k a few weeks ago on here. i put it up with one pick, then added some pics and BAM BOOM SOLD GONE!!!!!!!!

Last: Thanks Bryan K for the bump. (No, but Chad has a relationship with Jesse, as do many others involved in buying, selling and sourcing pins)

I think i might just head to the store and play it now! LOL

JT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keller-fresh-restored-mm-4-sale/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.