Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pindome
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 11 years ago

Nice interview.

Anyone else get dizzy watching it from that swing in the background?

#3 11 years ago

I actually thought about doing an interview while on the swing haha.
    If I did it from the angle of the swing to my back,
    you'd see busty models pretending to enjoy a poor man's version of bowling.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

enjoy a poor man's version of bowling.

A poor mans version of bowling? Like rolling a rock at some tree stumps?

#5 11 years ago

Interesting. Nothing too revealing IMHO. I like his comments at the end about it being a player's game. The $100 question is "how far along" is he however?

#6 11 years ago

The interview would be awesome in 3D !

Jim

#7 11 years ago

Anyone have a count on how many "you know" 's there are?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

or i mean.

#9 11 years ago

great video. thanks for sharing

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I actually thought about doing an interview while on the swing haha.

And yeah, Keith says "you know". He's commented on it in the past. Doesn't matter.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Watch a DVD w/ Tim Burton commentary...and take a drink every time he says "you know" ...you'll be passed out within 10 minutes.

#13 11 years ago

Keith was an amazing man to talk with.
    Coming from a background of coding, we had a spirited conversation.

In terms of coding, he stated that overall he is 80% finished.
    In terms of what a player sees, it would appear more, as there is a lot of system code
    that gets done first.

Having all the experience and talent, as Keith does, I am confident after 2 days of playing,l
    that the code will be done shortly, and this amazing game will be shipping soon.

#14 11 years ago

Good interview. 80 coils?! Wow. Hope they use them all.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

A poor mans version of bowling? Like rolling a rock at some tree stumps?

Bowling pins on strings!

#16 11 years ago

Pictures of the babes please.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Keith was an amazing man to talk with.
    Coming from a background of coding, we had a spirited conversation.
    In terms of coding, he stated that overall he is 80% finished.
    In terms of what a player sees, it would appear more, as there is a lot of system code
    that gets done first.
    Having all the experience and talent, as Keith does, I am confident after 2 days of playing,l
    that the code will be done shortly, and this amazing game will be shipping soon.

So let's assume game should be about 90% complete to ship. How many weeks would that take (hopefully 3 - 4)?

#18 11 years ago

I heard varying answers for shipping. 6 weeks to 90 days.....real soon.

Ill ask tomorrow.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The $100 question is "how far along" is he however?

The problem with that is they may not know. What if Keith finishes a mode, and then they find a bug in it. How long to fix ?

Somethings you can't put an exact time frame on. And they may not want to take a wild guess and then be wrong.

LTG : )

#20 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your interview, I enjoyed the conversation.

#21 11 years ago

For me it's not important if the code isn't complete. I have no problem with updating it. They should focus on the hardware. I hope for a pin without the problems I had with other NIBs.
    If I got a good pin and the updates are rolling in after, all is good for me. It would be a problem if the programmers are doing other things aftter the pin is out and the buyers have to beg for updates. But I think Keith will keep working as long as he thinks there is somethin incomplete with this game.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith said in this interview, we should give this theme a chance although we don't like the theme.
    I said alot of stupid and prejudice full things about the theme in other threads. Now I must say what we see is a beautiful game and people that worked hard to make the best out of the theme. They have put a lot of passion into it and realy created something that is art for me and now I must apologize for all negative things I have said about this pin in early threads.
    I still don't like the theme but I will give it a chance, orderd a silver edition.

#22 11 years ago

double post sry

#23 11 years ago

for those "coders" out there and anyone else...is it possible for a game to have 95% of the code completed, yet a game be totally disjointed, and then the last 5% brings it all together? I think the answer is obvious but I havent been in this long enough to understand the process and how other games have come together....or not(never).

#24 11 years ago

Vyzer you are 100% correct. Code only makes a good game better, it doesn't fix the issues with bad design. "You know"!

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Vyzer you are 100% correct. Code only makes a good game better, it doesn't fix the issues with bad design. "You know"!

Since the design is great it won't be an issue.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

I love the way you totally misunderstood his question. That is so cute

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

for those "coders" out there and anyone else...is it possible for a game to have 95% of the code completed, yet a game be totally disjointed, and then the last 5% brings it all together? I think the answer is obvious but I havent been in this long enough to understand the process and how other games have come together....or not(never).

Absolutely yes. Coding is about building complex functions that can be kicked off with simple inputs, and then chaining those together to build something cohesive. And this team isn't building just a game, but a whole new software platform. Most of the code had nothing to do with game rules at all!

In fact, if the game code does fall together in the next few months, that speaks really well to the quality of the software framework.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

For me it's not important if the code isn't complete. I have no problem with updating it. They should focus on the hardware. I hope for a pin without the problems I had with other NIBs.
    If I got a good pin and the updates are rolling in after, all is good for me. It would be a problem if the programmers are doing other things aftter the pin is out and the buyers have to beg for updates. But I think Keith will keep working as long as he thinks there is somethin incomplete with this game.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Keith said in this interview, we should give this theme a chance although we don't like the theme.
    I said alot of stupid and prejudice full things about the theme in other threads. Now I must say what we see is a beautiful game and people that worked hard to make the best out of the theme. They have put a lot of passion into it and realy created something that is art for me and now I must apologize for all negative things I have said about this pin in early threads.
    I still don't like the theme but I will give it a chance, orderd a silver edition.

Great post Asael,

It is refreshing to see that it is possible for someone to gather information, access said new information and change opinion based on newly gathered information. And an apology on top of that, you must not be from the United States.

Does not matter which way you change your opinion ...... liked game now don't or don't like now like. You took the time to access, seems like many get an opinion here and they are locked in for life no matter what new information comes out.

I have been very pro JJP from day one but if the game is not fun to play I will be the first to post here that the game is poor IMO and so dually rate it here on Pinside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-johnson-interview-at-iaapa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.