Screenshot_20211128-215220_Instagram (resized).jpg
02596C3F-D380-4312-8A8E-3BA9E00E0C1C (resized).jpeg
FFD44A17-8B5F-41F9-9B38-52A6EA213A70 (resized).jpeg
Party Zone.jpg
Godzilla.gif
FB_IMG_1599053594656 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1599053586117 (resized).jpg
2F0E5A11-152D-4A74-B3CA-7D68D81132C0 (resized).jpeg
There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 4 years ago

I am less interested in what the next Stern game is going to be - if KME has game #3 ready to go, that is what I want to hear about. Any guesses on what it is?

He says it is a change of pace from the last 2 (both masterpieces IMO)... what does that mean?

#2 4 years ago

Hopefully it means non-licensed, but knowing stern that's not likely.

#3 4 years ago

my guess is that it sadly means it only has 2 flippers and fewer shots

my hope is that it means they are giving him the liberty to use some non-traditional features and break away from the Stern limitations

#4 4 years ago

It’s going into my lineup, that’s for sure

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my hope is that it means they are giving him the liberty to use some non-traditional features and break away from the Stern limitations

I completely agree with this. If I was king (Gary in this case I guess) I would give him a ridiculous amount of room to design outside the box, including not being bound to a specific BOM price point.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

It’s going into my lineup, that’s for sure

You and me both.

#7 4 years ago

I’m really enjoying Jurassic Park. I hope he keeps things interesting and innovative. I’m a big fan of 3 and 4 flipper games, hope that trend continues. A game that’s fun for beginners yet challenging for experts.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m really enjoying Jurassic Park. I hope he keeps things interesting and innovative. I’m a big fan of 3 and 4 flipper games, hope that trend continues. A game that’s fun for beginners yet challenging for experts.

That's where he missed the mark IMO on JP. Definitely a players game. Shots and rules are fairly difficult for beginners. Just what I gathered from having it on route at our bar. I loved it but the casual player was one and done most often. Maiden on the other hand is much more approachable shot wise.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

That's where he missed the mark IMO on JP. Definitely a players game. Shots and rules are fairly difficult for beginners. Just what I gathered from having it on route at our bar. I loved it but the casual player was one and done most often. Maiden on the other hand is much more approachable shot wise.

IME his game so very well on route because they appeal to both new and competitive players. Honestly a key (along w theme) for games now IMHO

#10 4 years ago

Maybe it was just our location. I expected JP to do better than it did, especially with the theme. All I can attribute it to is the more difficult shots and rules. Iron Maiden continues to kill it and theme wise is not nearly as universal. Regardless I think he's one of the best designers out there right now.

#11 4 years ago

I'm sure if it were 2 flippers, he would still have an amazing layout.

#12 4 years ago

Different eh? I’d love to see his take on a no-ramp classic stern kinda thing.

#13 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see what he does for sure.

I loved IMDN and wasn't sure he could top that, and he did with JP, which I think is one of the bear pins of all time...maybe the GOAT.

I think creatively, it's hard to stay fresh and unique. I can't imagine how difficult it is for Richie and Borg, who've designed so many games.

I do hope Keith has the juice/goodwill/trust/freedom to do what he wants. He's clearly massively talented. I love that he does the rulesets as well...it just makes for such a cohesive/integrated experience in my opinion.

I also hope he continues to make challenging games like JP. Most games are going in the home and played by experienced players and tournament players likely prefer the challenge as well. Stern puts out plenty of games by other designers that are easy to shoot.

#14 4 years ago

Jaws widebody.... You're gonna need a bigger game room.

And speaking of Keith... He's in Jaws 2... Keith Gordon that is.

keith (resized).pngkeith (resized).png
#15 4 years ago

It was already announced......Laundry Day!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

if KME has game #3 ready to go

He meant his part of designing the playfield layout and likely some/most of the rules. I doubt any code has even been started yet. It is a 2021 game.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

He meant his part of designing the playfield layout and likely some/most of the rules.

I got that part and that’s enough for me to start getting amped up for it.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Laundry Day!

Still trying to think of a witty response to this... but I’ve got nothing.

Edit: just listened to the podcast and understand the reference now.

#19 4 years ago

I recall an interview sometime around when Keith was first hired on. He stated his dream theme is....
2020-03-01 10_34_40-beavis and butthead - - Image Search Results (resized).png2020-03-01 10_34_40-beavis and butthead - - Image Search Results (resized).png
I'll be interested in buying this title.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Jaws widebody.... You're gonna need a bigger game room.
And speaking of Keith... He's in Jaws 2... Keith Gordon that is.[quoted image]

And a Plymouth Fury.

#21 4 years ago

I recall an interview sometime around when Keith was first hired on. He stated his dream theme is....

Uffda. That felt a bit like a bucket of ice-water dumped over my head in the morning.

Not sure I could deal with the call-outs from that one.

#22 4 years ago

[quoted image]
I'll be interested in buying this title.

I love Beavis and Butthead.
My dad and I would stay up and watch it at night in the 90s much to my moms protest.

#23 4 years ago

2020-03-01 10_34_40-

Lesbian Seagull Multiball

#24 4 years ago

There is a thisweekinpinball interview from August of 2018 where he said his dream theme would be The Hardy Boys. Not sure if that was serious or not.

If it was, and that “you meddling kids!” / mystery theme is his cup of tea... Scooby Doo seems like a good fit for a licensed IP.

#25 4 years ago

Dream theme. Tide pod multi ball in order to get to the wrinkle free wizard mode would make for some good progression.

Quoted from TomGWI:

It was already announced......Laundry Day!

5 months later
#26 3 years ago

Looks like the next stern game will Be Keith Elwin and it will be a major movie franchise. But what franchise? My guess is Jaws,Harry potter.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Looks like the next stern game will Be Keith Elwin and it will be a major movie franchise. But what franchise? My guess is Jaws,Harry potter.

Some news just drop that I missed?

#28 3 years ago

I am rather skeptical regarding any pinball news about those 2 particular IPs unfortunately.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Some news just drop that I missed?

Speculation, not news. News would be Stern announcing a game.

#30 3 years ago

Some new speculation from any reliable source just drop that I missed?

#31 3 years ago

Assuming Stern will only take a licensed IP from the upcoming crop of ‘blockbuster’ movies, my best guess would be:
- Dune
- Godzilla vs. Kong
- Wonder Woman 1984
- Top Gun 2
- Bill and Ted
- Fast and Furious
- James Bond

#32 3 years ago

The last interview I heard it sounded like his next design would be a bit different from the last two, and I keep hearing 2 flippers. If both these things were true, and he had a great single-level throwback design (i.e. early SS playfield layout) worked up - Wonder Woman 1984 could check a lot of boxes for Stern.

#34 3 years ago

Yeah. There was recently a seemingly credible leak or rumor about the next Stern pin being another Marvel license. If that is true, then I’m sure Black Panther would be on the short list.

#35 3 years ago

The leak basically shows all the Marvel Characters. I believe it will be Justice League, which was originally rumored about 2 years ago.

#36 3 years ago

The leak basically shows all the Marvel Characters. I believe it will be Justice League, which was originally rumored about 2 years ago.

Isn’t Justice League DC Comics?

#37 3 years ago

Justice League is DC. Also, I thought people were under the impression that Stern has been doing some trolling the last few weeks?

#38 3 years ago

IF it's a Marvell title it's likely going to be another Spiderman as there's a new movie being released soon or Thor. I don't foresee Black Widow being a viable candidate. Black Panther ... mmmm probably not? I realize another BP movie is on the horizon but he's not really considered a hot marvel character.

I HOPE it's not Antman. While Scott Lang has a quirky lovable character I cannot imagine the call outs. It'd just be weird.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Black Panther ... mmmm probably not? I realize another BP movie is on the horizon but he's not really considered a hot marvel character.

Really? My understanding is Black Panther’s gross box office was the highest of any Marvel films except Avengers.

#40 3 years ago

To be honest, I would probably prefer it not be a superhero theme though I don’t really feel that strongly one way or another.

#41 3 years ago

I heard its going to be My Little Pony

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I heard its going to be My Little Pony

I’m in.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Isn’t Justice League DC Comics?

To me is all about the same thing.

#44 3 years ago

It's Jaws or Godzilla. I'm guessing Jaws.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That seems to be the popular opinion for the last two. Some signs are pointing towards Godzilla being the one.

#46 3 years ago

I’d like to see a Marvel game based on the Infinity Gauntlet comic book series.

#47 3 years ago

I think Stern has found the secret sauce with comic book versions of pins.....prolly lower licensing costs versus movie costs, artwork is killer, and create their own narratives.

#48 3 years ago

I wouldn’t be shocked if it was Black Widow.

#49 3 years ago

Bond. James Bond.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That or Bill and Ted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwins-next-game?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.