Screenshot_20211128-215220_Instagram (resized).jpg
02596C3F-D380-4312-8A8E-3BA9E00E0C1C (resized).jpeg
FFD44A17-8B5F-41F9-9B38-52A6EA213A70 (resized).jpeg
Party Zone.jpg
Godzilla.gif
FB_IMG_1599053594656 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1599053586117 (resized).jpg
2F0E5A11-152D-4A74-B3CA-7D68D81132C0 (resized).jpeg

There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Okay, folks - anybody hear any rumblings about yet another new Elwin design coming in the “not too distant” future?

Screenshot_20211128-215220_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211128-215220_Instagram (resized).jpg
#402 2 years ago

I am starting to dread the time frame where a new pin is to be announced. The rumor mill cranks up and we hear about the same lame titles over and over by the few that want them to be made. Please give us a break this time. Marty McFly was never that cool.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Please give us a break this time. Marty McFly was never that cool.

I do disagree with this, in that there was a time when indeed he was that cool… but I guess for me that time has passed.

All that being said - I have yet to meet a game that was ruined for me by the theme.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

... I have yet to meet a game that was ruined for me by the theme.

It has to be a waaay out there theme for that.
I think i can put WWE is in the category for me; may be the only one.

Quoted from Silverballer:

Marty McFly was never that cool.

Not even in the creepy fan art above you?!

Honestly I don't even know how you do BTTF well. Movie Clips without talking is lame & "BTTF thematic world" like JP will piss everyone off as well.

#405 2 years ago

podcast guy hinted at Elwin on Foo fighters. big oof if true

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

No.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

No way Elwin gets put on a pin as polarizing as Foofighters is bound to be. BTTF on the other hand...

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

No way Elwin gets put on a pin as polarizing as Foofighters is bound to be. BTTF on the other hand...

I want nothing more than Elwin on BTTF, but who knows, maybe foo fighters is a dream theme for him

#409 2 years ago

Dont you think Foo Fighters is less polarizing than Iron Maiden as a theme? I get that Elwin's reputation has put him up to the level that he should have some say in the theme's he wants to build, but maybe he's a big FF fan?
I dont think the rumors are all that strong suggesting that Elwin is doing FF, just that it's the next music pin after Rush.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Dont you think Foo Fighters is less polarizing than Iron Maiden as a theme?

100%

Quoted from JakePG:

maybe foo fighters is a dream theme for him

Iron maiden wasn't and it turned out great.

#411 2 years ago

Foo Fighters seems like a boring band for a pin. Their music is fine but it's certainly not exciting or anything I'd think to build an interesting theme around. I'd be really surprised if there were a lot of people in the pinball demographic that were super excited over Foo Fighters.

I can't be the only one completely tired of the endless nostalgia mining every company is doing these days? BTTF is not any where near as saturated as marvel/super hero stuff is these days but it feels like something a company who wants to desperately avoid risk would do. Pay for the license and you know you get a certain amount of people to buy it regardless of how good the product is.

What about a sports theme? It seems like a long time since we've had one of those and those were some of the more fun older pins.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

What about a sports theme? It seems like a long time since we've had one of those and those were some of the more fun older pins.

You mean like pool? In total seriousness…. what were the more fun older sports pins? Other than Bobby Orr / Power Play I can’t think of any I really like.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You mean like pool? In total seriousness…. what were the more fun older sports pins? Other than Bobby Orr / Power Play I can’t think of any I really like.

Might be my personal bias towards the sport but I found the soccer tables fun. World Cup 94 is a blast and hitting a goal is always fun.

Maybe they can do an eSports table and really go for that younger demo haha... j/k

#414 2 years ago

New Matrix movie out. Perfect time for Matrix pin.

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

New Matrix movie out. Perfect time for Matrix pin.

JJP

#416 2 years ago

Just heard on this weeks Eclectic Gamers podcast that after Rush and Venom, stern might be launching a 007 pin… and Elwin would technically be next. I’m excited!

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Just heard on this weeks Eclectic Gamers podcast that after Rush and Venom, stern might be launching a 007 pin… and Elwin would technically be next. I’m excited!

Gomez is doing Bond

Elwin on BTTF

Danger on Foofighters

#418 2 years ago

I heard it’s going to be My Little Pony

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I heard it’s going to be My Little Pony

Can hardly wait for rainbow fart multiball… legendary.

4 weeks later
#420 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

A deeper version of the DE Monday Night Football with that amazing ramp shot would be awesome. The NFL deserves a modern table that does it real justice.

World Cup Soccer 94 is also fantastic.

#421 2 years ago

Killer Klowns from Outer Space, please. With art by Charlie Chiodo.

#422 2 years ago

It's BTTF. Sorry not sorry.

#423 2 years ago

It's BTTF. Sorry not sorry.

I just kinda sorta don’t think it is.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I just kinda sorta don’t think it is.

I agree. Some wishful thinking happening here.

#425 2 years ago

So watcha all thinking is Elwin's next?

#426 2 years ago

So watcha all thinking is Elwin's next?

Well, if its not Welk…

#427 2 years ago

Would Stern want to follow up the positive reception they got from from Godzilla with an anime based theme? (could be all kinds of awesome)

Would Stern possibly want to compete with Cactus Canyon with a western theme of their own?

Would they be willing to let KME go crazy and come up with an original theme of his own? (that could be the coolest option yet… think something like TNA)

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Would Stern want to follow up the positive reception they got from from Godzilla with an anime based theme? (could be all kinds of awesome)
Would Stern possibly want to compete with Cactus Canyon with a western theme of their own?
Would they be willing to let KME go crazy and come up with an original theme of his own? (that could be the coolest option yet… think something like TNA)

I love western themes...like BTTF 3!

FB_IMG_1636742209082 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742209082 (resized).jpg
#429 2 years ago

I love western themes...like BTTF 3!

Doh. I feel like I just set that one up for you.

2 weeks later
#430 2 years ago

“Foo fighters” sounds like a code name to me

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

“Foo fighters” sounds like a code name to me

Maybe for Godzilla, given the historical meaning of "foo fighter." Or is the GZ codename something else? I don't follow this stuff close enough to know.

#433 2 years ago

Not sure how accurate, but there is a pinside thread of Stern codenames that said GZ was ‘spectre’. (perhaps led to the James Bond speculation?)

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

A deeper version of the DE Monday Night Football with that amazing ramp shot would be awesome. The NFL deserves a modern table that does it real justice.
World Cup Soccer 94 is also fantastic.

Gary has said they want to do a sports theme but they dont sell for shit...60% of games are exported, the rest of the world does not care about NFL. MNF was a good(ish) game, the NFL/Striker Extreme was not great.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Gary has said they want to do a sports theme but they dont sell for shit...60% of games are exported, the rest of the world does not care about NFL. MNF was a good(ish) game, the NFL/Striker Extreme was not great.

I was thinking that the other day when I saw that double-sided USA Football listed for sale, why isn't there a better NFL game that could rival WCS 94 in popularity? WCS and Slugfest might be the two best sports-themed games that involve a silver ball in the SS era.

#436 2 years ago

August or December 2022. Elwin's next game.

Screenshot_20220204-151002_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220204-151002_Instagram (resized).jpg
#437 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#438 2 years ago

Hmmm…

AF87ABE4-8634-4527-A787-796D0D431B71 (resized).jpegAF87ABE4-8634-4527-A787-796D0D431B71 (resized).jpeg
#439 2 years ago

Or perhaps…

3809B01C-1FC5-47B2-8C58-489865EAF05E (resized).jpeg3809B01C-1FC5-47B2-8C58-489865EAF05E (resized).jpeg
#440 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Or perhaps…
[quoted image]

I hope someone does Scooby-Doo but I think that’s probably best as a Spooky game. I don’t think it’s something Stern would do, but I could be wrong.

#441 2 years ago

I do want Spooky to have a smash hit… though I have to say (as a bit of a KME games fan) that I am sort of hoping all the good themes are done by him.

I know I have a problem. I am working on it. Kind of…

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I hope someone does Scooby-Doo but I think that’s probably best as a Spooky game. I don’t think it’s something Stern would do, but I could be wrong.

People said that about Toho Godzilla as well and I'm happy with the way that game turned out.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

People said that about Toho Godzilla as well and I'm happy with the way that game turned out.

Don’t get me wrong. I fully agree with you. And Elwin on Scooby-Doo would be incredible. Hell, Elwin on anything is incredible. I’d be all in on a Scooby-Doo from either Spooky or Stern…just not JJP. I’ll never buy another of their games after the latest GNR customer service fiascos.

1 month later
#444 1 year ago

Alright. Conjecture day.

Top Gun is the next KME design. New take on F-14 Tomcat. Super fast, super flowy, super loud, super intense.

A whole bunch of super.

3 months later
#445 1 year ago

Been a while since the last conjecture day.

A video game IP with an existing movie or television series will be the next KME design. Maybe The Witcher or Resident Evil.

Otherwise Jeremiah Johnson… Keith’s homage to Bally Frontier.

2 months later
#446 1 year ago

So… it would appear that there is indeed now a KME on the horizon. It would also appear that it may be similar to prior discussions of a possibly original design and single level old school layout. Hmmmm…

#447 1 year ago

I am a bit worried with the limited run and the much-discussed price that this will be the first Elwin design I won’t be able to get. That does stink. Quite a bit.

#448 1 year ago

KME with Witcher theme. would be so awesome.

excited to see what he does w the Bond. I can't get one. But still excited to see his take on it.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

KME with Witcher theme. would be so awesome.
excited to see what he does w the Bond. I can't get one. But still excited to see his take on it.

Early solid-states are really my jam… so am superbly interested in this as well. Still hoping that the sheer interest could prompt Stern to do something different than they have said… dropping another version of the design as a different theme or something. Anything? Please??

3 weeks later
#450 1 year ago

Do we know for sure that Elwin is doing a Bond version? Or is that just a rumor?

Are there any other rumors about what he's working on?

I kinda find it hard to believe he can beat godzilla, but I hope he does!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 39.00
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwins-next-game/page/9?hl=mark1971 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.