Screenshot_20211128-215220_Instagram (resized).jpg
02596C3F-D380-4312-8A8E-3BA9E00E0C1C (resized).jpeg
FFD44A17-8B5F-41F9-9B38-52A6EA213A70 (resized).jpeg
Party Zone.jpg
Godzilla.gif
FB_IMG_1599053594656 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1599053586117 (resized).jpg
2F0E5A11-152D-4A74-B3CA-7D68D81132C0 (resized).jpeg
There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I put a deposit down last week for an LE of whatever the next KME pin is... so, I need to know what its gonna be folks.

That's whats needed anymore to assure you're gonna get one. My LZ order was in 8 months ago

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I put a deposit down last week for an LE of whatever the next KME pin is... so, I need to know what its gonna be folks.

If you find out, please let us all know!

#304 3 years ago

I think I’ll buy Keith’s next game unless the theme is a total dud.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's whats needed anymore to assure you're gonna get one. My LZ order was in 8 months ago

AIQ was my first LE so just figuring some of these things out.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think I’ll buy Keith’s next game unless the theme is a total dud.

For me, the last theme was... well, maybe not a dud, but a meh theme. Still really enjoy it though.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you find out, please let us all know!

As I don’t have any connections whatsoever, you will probably just get BS from me! But I can try and make sure it is enjoyable at least?

#307 3 years ago

I didn’t buy AIQ because of the theme. And I still haven’t played one (been overseas). It’s just not a theme I can get into.

But my JP2 premium ... it’s never leaving my collection.

Hope his #4 is a knockout. I’m definitely paying attention.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

But my JP2 premium ... it’s never leaving my collection.

This game is no joke. Its like the gift that keeps on giving.

I want to say though, that if they put the same effort and attention to rule details in on AIQ (despite the theme, which isn’t my favorite either... just saturated with anything to do with superheroes) but it could be just as good.

#309 3 years ago

And now a couple jokers, Borntolose and Thizz are throwing the idea of a KME Rush pin out there. You guys are mean.

But... if that was a real thing...

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

And now a couple jokers, borntolose and thizz are throwing the idea of a KME Rush pin out there. You guys are mean.
But... if that was a real thing...

Talk about wasted talent but sadly stern MO is to put the great designers on sub par themes and the avg designers on blockbuster themes.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Talk about wasted talent but sadly stern MO is to put the great designers on sub par themes and the avg designers on blockbuster themes.

If that is Stern’s MO, and Rush is a sub-par theme (and popularity-wise it may be... I really don’t know) but that makes me a very lucky dude that the world would work out that way.

Or are you saying Rush is a blockbuster theme so KME would not be doing it? (Sad trombone sound)

#312 3 years ago

I think I'd rather they do another superhero game before another band/music pin. Bah humbug.

And that's coming from a guy that loves IMDN -- my favorite pin thus far. I guess KE has proven he can make a badass music pin though...

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

If that is Stern’s MO, and Rush is a sub-par theme (and popularity-wise it may be... I really don’t know) but that makes me a very lucky dude that the world would work out that way.
Or are you saying Rush is a blockbuster theme so KME would not be doing it? (Sad trombone sound)

Always assume whysnow is being trolly. So he is saying elwin is a great designer and it would be a waste of his talents to put him on a subpar theme like rush.

#314 3 years ago

Wish I had more of a business head so I could better see these things, but building a Rush pin might actually be a bust for Stern. I always figure marketing people know these things much better than me.

What I do know though, is what types of music I like and what (at least from my perspective) is good pinball music. Rush definitely does fall into that category for me. I mean I love Alan Parsons Project and Dire Straits but don’t care to listen to either when playing pinball... though maybe when working on them.

#315 3 years ago

I do know whysnow and his ‘shenanigans’. I just probably find them more entertaining than the average pinsider.

#316 3 years ago

As awesome as rush is unfortunately I’m pretty sure it would be a dud of a seller for stern.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I think I'd rather they do another superhero game before another band/music pin. Bah humbug.
And that's coming from a guy that loves IMDN -- my favorite pin thus far. I guess KE has proven he can make a badass music pin though...</blockqu

As awesome as rush is unfortunately I’m pretty sure it would be a dud of a seller for stern.

agree

#318 3 years ago

Harry Potter from Keith would be great. My girlfriend would not stop to beg me to buy the LE because of the theme and another kme game for me. Win win.

#319 3 years ago

KE on Bond (Full assets, all Bonds, all 25 movies)
Make it a Kapow game if the license for all bonds is expensive, it’d be worth paying the premium price.
Come on Keith “Nobody does it better”

#320 3 years ago

One thing to bear in mind is that we know Zombie Yeti will be doing the art for Keith's next game. (Man Jeremy Packer is a busy guy!) So we should also be thinking of themes that will lend themselves to his art style.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So we should also be thinking of themes that will lend themselves to his art style.

Megadeth.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

One thing to bear in mind is that we know Zombie Yeti will be doing the art for Keith's next game. (Man Jeremy Packer is a busy guy!) So we should also be thinking of themes that will lend themselves to his art style.

I think Zombie Yeti is teamed up with Borg and Dwight on Welk. Don't know if you will see him do art on Keith's next game. Though Jeremy is prolific and could be working on some stuff simultaneously.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think Zombie Yeti is teamed up with Borg and Dwight on Welk. Don't know if you will see him do art on Keith's next game.

I heard it was Eddy on Welk.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think Zombie Yeti is teamed up with Borg and Dwight on Welk. Don't know if you will see him do art on Keith's next game. Though Jeremy is prolific and could be working on some stuff simultaneously.

Well, it was revealed by the wonderfully sassy Kaite Martin that the artist doing Keith's current game (Avengers) would also be doing his next one. At the time she first revealed this info, we didn't yet know that it was Zombie Yeti on Avengers. Given her close relationship with Keith, I feel pretty comfortable that she knows what she's talking about. I suppose things can always change, but I feel like they do the art on these things so far out, that it would be a challenge to change artists part-way through.

She actually revealed that info on a podcast that I had the honor of hosting. She was part of a panel featuring Imoto, Mrs. Pin, and Stephanie Guida.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/off-the-record-ep-3-women-in-pinball-roundtable-discussion/

Sadly, I don't remember the exact timestamp, but it's in there somewhere. Great discussion from the ladies as well btw. Very informative and entertaining.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Pretty sure it's John and Dwight.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Pretty sure it's John and Dwight.

As you are positively the premiere purveyor of all posts pertaining to polka pinball, I politely pull my published pontification.

#327 3 years ago

Polka ? That's a very small part of the Welk allure. There is much more in Music and Show with Welk. People are going to be very surprised when it's revealed. Should be a great game. Just so much to work with.

But no - this one's not in Keith's wheelhouse. And definitely not an Eddy title. This one has Borg written all over it.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

what is Welk? I'm out of the loop

#329 3 years ago

are we talking Lawrence Welk?

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, it was revealed by the wonderfully sassy Kaite Martin that the artist doing Keith's current game (Avengers) would also be doing his next one. At the time she first revealed this info, we didn't yet know that it was Zombie Yeti on Avengers. Given her close relationship with Keith, I feel pretty comfortable that she knows what she's talking about. I suppose things can always change, but I feel like they do the art on these things so far out, that it would be a challenge to change artists part-way through.
She actually revealed that info on a podcast that I had the honor of hosting. She was part of a panel featuring Imoto, Mrs. Pin, and Stephanie Guida.
https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/off-the-record-ep-3-women-in-pinball-roundtable-discussion/
Sadly, I don't remember the exact timestamp, but it's in there somewhere. Great discussion from the ladies as well btw. Very informative and entertaining.

how did this not get mentioned anywhere else? I need to listen to the pod you posted....
very curious. I'm super glad that ZY sticks with elwin. great combination. Elwin gives ZY all the room to draw on the PF with FEW inserts. I really like how they collaborate.

I'm just curious how I have not heard this anywhere but here on this forum.

We have an informant out here in SoCal regarding Elwin's work who told us about JP a month before release. that person is very close to Elwin, and I'm stoked to have the small trickle of advanced insider info....

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

We have an informant out here in SoCal regarding Elwin's work who told us about JP a month before release. that person is very close to Elwin, and I'm stoked to have the small trickle of advanced insider info....

Share the wealth brother!

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Polka ? That's a very small part of the Welk allure. There is much more in Music and Show with Welk.

I needed P-words, and some of them were less appropriate than others. Just thinking of the children!

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

how did this not get mentioned anywhere else? I need to listen to the pod you posted....
very curious. I'm super glad that ZY sticks with elwin. great combination. Elwin gives ZY all the room to draw on the PF with FEW inserts. I really like how they collaborate.
I'm just curious how I have not heard this anywhere but here on this forum.

Well, it has been mentioned in a few podcasts like The Super Awesome Pinball Show and also TPN's The Pinball Show. If your looking for Kaite's quote I think it was in the 2nd half. It's a long discussion but very entertaining. Keith Elwin and Katie dated at one point, hence how she knows what she knows.

#334 3 years ago

If it’s Elwin with Godzilla then it’s an instant buy for me. Godzilla and BTTF(done right) are dream themes for me.

I’m loving the challenge of IMDN and the shots I’m on AIQ are some of the best I’ve ever played.Once AIQ code is finished it will be amazing and will probably never leave my collection.

I too, have no idea what “welk” is lol.

#335 3 years ago

Would love a Back to the Future or Mandolorian with Zombie Yeti art

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, it has been mentioned in a few podcasts like The Super Awesome Pinball Show and also TPN's The Pinball Show. If your looking for Kaite's quote I think it was in the 2nd half. It's a long discussion but very entertaining. Keith Elwin and Katie dated at one point, hence how she knows what she knows.

Oh, now i see it. I think I missed that badly. I had heard subtle comments to that before, but i suppose I plain missed it. I'm impressed that KE still discusses these topics with his EX; I know I sure wouldn't (am in the middle of a divorce). To me, the previous partners need to be shut out on work topics; just deal with the kids together.

In any case, its nice to have nuggets to discuss in our hobby. without that, its just all of us hypothesizing and pretending to know stuff. I prefer the alternative, with these nuggets to talk about.

Cheers!!

HOG

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I will do so, my man. I have a small time podcast where I share the details as they come in from SoCal. It was right twice already (IMDN and JP stern), so I trust the source at this point. I am grateful to be somewhat connected out here. I know the best "inside" sources are out in Chicago, IL.

I think we can all rest assured that, no matter what the theme is (love it or hate it), the PF and art will be another great product. I love the confidence that we can all share in future KE and ZY releases. At least we can all count on that going foorward. Let's not forget Rick Naegele and Harrison Drake, as other team members who were on the teams for all three releases thus far. Those guys are awesome craftsmen in their own right as well, and deserve the accolades and due credit.

I suppose it is just plain awesome to have some semblance of continuity with KE's releases. We can have faith in certain constants at Stern; they have a commitment to certain "teams" and they keep them together. I love that they don't try to fix what is not broken. I'm sure their sales are the basis for those types of decisions. I'm impressed by their discipline in any case. Sometimes, an Executive team can "overthink" something like this by making vain attempts to make it "better" by changing the lineup, despite the success of the existing team. Let us all be grateful that they have not done that, yet. I also hope that Stern compensates the KE team according to the success of their games. We all have no clue how that works, but honestly, that team has produced three HITS, in every respect, and they deserve their due. I would add, if I were a central team member like one of those guys, I would have a quarterly meeting with George Gomez to discuss the track record and buck for the commensurate increase in compensation, or a major bonus! Surely we all agree they deserve it based on our understanding of the market demand for those games.

Cheers!
HOG

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

In case you want to follow the Pod: Anchor.fm/bosshog is the main page. It's on several different formats (apple, spotify, etc...)

I hope you enjoy. It's unfiltered, unedited content, and always straight to the point, and less than 30 minutes. No dialogue, and no tourney and tech talk. Many other long as heck podcasts get a bit verbose and make us follow their friendly, irrelevant discussion, IMO.

Beware, SR gets roasted in the most recent posted pods. A couple small deviations from the generally positive tone and topic of the pod week in and week out.

Cheers!
HOG

1 week later
#339 3 years ago

It’s Jaws.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If it’s Elwin with Godzilla then it’s an instant buy for me. Godzilla and BTTF(done right) are dream themes for me.
I’m loving the challenge of IMDN and the shots I’m on AIQ are some of the best I’ve ever played.Once AIQ code is finished it will be amazing and will probably never leave my collection.

Shots, flow, rules ... you forgot my favorite - JP2. I haven’t played AIQ yet but my JP2 is never leaving the game room.

#341 3 years ago

Is that a wishful statement or one made with a degree of insight? Elwin on Jaws is an immediate buy for me, even if my game room is currently full.

#342 3 years ago

I want a BTTF with a flying dolorian that lands on the playfield, loads the balls for multiball Flying through the air and release the bals on the ramp. That's what I should make if I was the designer for that game.

Keep dreaming.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Shots, flow, rules ... you forgot my favorite - JP2. I haven’t played AIQ yet but my JP2 is never leaving the game room.

AIQ is amazing. It’s the best shooting game
Elwins made to date. I’m a huge fan of the Avengers theme as well. If you like JP2 then You’ll love AIQ. The code isn’t as vertical as JP2 which makes the game super deep and fun.

Anything Elwin touches seems to be instant hits. He always adds a new element to his games which keeps it fun and exiting. And he’s got the best pinball artist of our time on his team. Just keep the hits coming KME!

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Is that a wishful statement or one made with a degree of insight? Elwin on Jaws is an immediate buy for me, even if my game room is currently full.

Someone I know who has been correct several times in the past said they are 90% certain that it’s Jaws. Late summer release.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Someone I know who has been correct several times in the past said they are 90% certain that it’s Jaws. Late summer release.

Thanks!!!I hope your friend is correct.

#346 3 years ago

I have no backing for this statement, no source, nothing but this is in my head. I just watched an hour of 4k movie trailers on YouTube - all the stuff coming in the next year to theaters and TV.

The next Elwin game will be Dune or Halloween.

#347 3 years ago

You could do some cool things with Dune.

2 weeks later
#348 3 years ago

Arrakis. Dune. Desert Planet.

Time to refamiliarize myself before the pin is announced.

FFD44A17-8B5F-41F9-9B38-52A6EA213A70 (resized).jpegFFD44A17-8B5F-41F9-9B38-52A6EA213A70 (resized).jpeg
#349 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Always assume whysnow is being trolly. So he is saying elwin is a great designer and it would be a waste of his talents to put him on a subpar theme like rush.

Agreed.

When concert ticket sales began dropping in 2008/2009:
It was widely known Rush and Dave Matthews quietly became top earners for the industry due to strong, international attendance.

Keith doing Rush would be larger that SR doing Zeppelin.
Tons of pinheads are engineer types:

This would be a knock it out of the park earner for Stern if done right, and Keith has been spot on so far.

1 month later
#350 3 years ago

Elwin on Rush or Dune would be killer: my two top IPs for a pin. I would also love a Megadeth and a new Stargate pin.

That being said, I think he is the right guy to kick off a new era of big Stern unlicensed themes. Money saved there can be spent on other things (mechs, music, etc.) How about that skateboarding theme? Or a humorous late-70s themed game (similar to Dazed and Confused) loaded with songs by Deep Purple, Sabbath, etc?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwins-next-game/page/7?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.