Screenshot_20211128-215220_Instagram (resized).jpg
02596C3F-D380-4312-8A8E-3BA9E00E0C1C (resized).jpeg
FFD44A17-8B5F-41F9-9B38-52A6EA213A70 (resized).jpeg
Party Zone.jpg
Godzilla.gif
FB_IMG_1599053594656 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1599053586117 (resized).jpg
2F0E5A11-152D-4A74-B3CA-7D68D81132C0 (resized).jpeg

There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 3 years ago

Well a pinside moderator posted last night that it would have brand new innovation and everyone should have their money ready. Then deleted his post. I guess that means it’s true.

#202 3 years ago

Fingers crossed it works well this time.

#203 3 years ago

Bring back the vari-target you cowards

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fingers crossed it works well this time.

Darn magnets - screwing up the world.

#205 3 years ago

A double spinner

#206 3 years ago

magnets people!

seriously though, keith is just such a good designer that this game has my attention. It's not a terrible theme by any means just doesn't excite me. With Keith AND Zombie though - damn that's a great combo. If the actual pinball looks great, the theme is good enough to get me there.

#209 3 years ago

LE

FB_IMG_1599053586117 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1599053586117 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1599053594656 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1599053594656 (resized).jpg
#211 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I hope not. I love the fact that our pinball machines are not connected to the internet like everything else in the house.

What exactly would be the point of online pinball? I can't think of anything.

Quoted from sunnRAT:

I know a few ladies who dig stuff like Road Warrior, Sabbath, horror movies and speed metal

Well then I'm buying a ticket and coming to Arizona my friend.

#212 3 years ago

That will brighten up a room

#213 3 years ago

There is enough stainless in that thing to make it weight the same as a JJP widebody.

#214 3 years ago

It looks like Elwin really knows how to mix it up in the 3 flipper design, ramps, and mechanisms.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Absolutely correct. The replies are no surprise either. The narrow idea that it's only macho dudes who want good themes and no kiddie crap.
I know a few ladies who dig stuff like Road Warrior, Sabbath, horror movies and speed metal, despite some who think it's "real men" crap. Whatever that means.

Both my wife and I are fans of all that, she's specifically is more into thrash, doom/drone, black, and death metal than speed metal, if one wants to make a distinction between thrash and speed. But we also like Toy Story. Buzz Lightyear is a real alpha spaceman. His Robert Z'Dar/Bruce Campbell jaw/chin is the epitome of masculinity after all.

#216 3 years ago

yeah, layout looks great but a big no for me on the theme. looks 10x better than the first Avengers.

#217 3 years ago

I'm getting Hulk Hogan flashbacks with all the red and yellow and I don't know much of anything about the theme. Game looks lots of fun from the video though, and I can't imagine it not living up to the hype because Elwin is our lord and savior.

#218 3 years ago

First time for a while that Pro owners aren't going to be able to convince themselves they aren't missing anything!

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

First time for a while that Pro owners aren't going to be able to convince themselves they aren't missing anything!

They’re always missing something.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They’re always missing something.

but this one seems like it actually matters vs TMNT, etc.

That alien flip ramp on the right is awesome.

#221 3 years ago

I don't care for the theme at all, but damn...Keith can make about anything look like a purchase to ponder.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

but this one seems like it actually matters vs TMNT, etc.

It’s always going to matter to some and not to others. Elwins pros are always fun. There’s a lot to the premium for the ones that wanted it to stand out too.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I don't care for the theme at all, but damn...Keith can make about anything look like a purchase to ponder.

I’ve never bought a game before playing it, but Keiths games might make me change that tune. Haha

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

yeah, layout looks great but a big no for me on the theme. looks 10x better than the first Avengers.

same, not feeling the theme but that design is sick

#227 3 years ago

Is that spinning post target from TOTAN?

#228 3 years ago

Well I’m not selling my IMDN for a LE but I’m going after a Prem. What’s the order they come out are prems last?

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Well I’m not selling my IMDN for a LE but I’m going after a Prem. What’s the order they come out are prems last?

Yes. Normally pros ship first with LE shortly after, then premium.

#230 3 years ago

Alrighty then... I guess this post has to move on. So what will be KME’s next game?

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Alrighty then... I guess this post has to move on. So what will be KME’s next game?

Godzilla.gifGodzilla.gif
#232 3 years ago

Gojira!!

#233 3 years ago

To me the theme is uninteresting, but I like what Keith has put in the game, especially the LE/Premium!

#234 3 years ago

The greatest pinball player of all time is building up an impressive game design resume

Stern must be patting themselves on the back for signing Keith up!

#235 3 years ago

Looks like a great layout, great artwork. Look forward to see someone shooting it.

My kids love the avengers movies (age 11), so I showed them the clip real quick...

They said it looked ok.... I asked why just ok.... basically they want a bash toy. Go figure.
Also wondering if this is one of those cases where if they saw the actors from the movie if they would relate to it more.

I wouldn't change a thing by the way, just interesting to see from a kids point of view.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Looks like a great layout, great artwork. Look forward to see someone shooting it.
My kids love the avengers movies (age 11), so I showed them the clip real quick...
They said it looked ok.... I asked why just ok.... basically they want a bash toy. Go figure.
Also wondering if this is one of those cases where if they saw the actors from the movie if they would relate to it more.
I wouldn't change a thing by the way, just interesting to see from a kids point of view.

Meh. Most bash toys are not very good.

#237 3 years ago

The greatest pinball player of all time is building up an impressive game design resume
Stern must be patting themselves on the back for signing Keith up!

and they should be

#238 3 years ago

I used to think the same thing. But I went Pro with BKSOR and after playing Pro and Premium, and honestly, with no history of the previous games, I'm happy. Same with GoT. I played the Pro and enjoyed it, bought the Premium, and was disappointed and later sold it.

You just never know. That said, missing that Captain Marvel ramp is going to suck. However, missing the gauntlet.....not so much. Seriously, the Pro gauntlet plastic looks 10 times better. Come on modders....to the rescue!

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

There is a bash toy... it just happens to be the exact size and shape as a pinball. Thor captive ball bash toy!!

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Thor captive ball bash toy!!

You sir, are a wise-acre.

#241 3 years ago

Not to rehash previous posts... but I am going to rehash previous posts.

There is a lot of love for early SS games these days. An original layout with a more simplistic (but technically challenging) ruleset would be really cool to see from KME. If it was designed with tournament play in mind from the start, I feel like a lot of us would be really into that.

Of course there’s the whole less expensive cost of the BOM for a design like this (no need for design of mechanical marvels, etc.) that Uncle Gary would like as well.

#242 3 years ago

I’ve said it before, but I’d love to see what Keith could do if he was tasked with a home pin. He has had some unique mechanical designs and non-coil-powered toys, like the bullseye jump ramp target, the spinning truck, the Captain Marvel ramp, the direction and velocity detecting spinning plate, and his those ramp turnarounds instead of VUKs.

That said, Keith is the new golden goose. Let him do what he wants

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That said, Keith is the new golden goose. Let him do what he wants

I do agree with this sentiment, but what are those things? Enquiring minds want to know!

1 month later
#244 3 years ago

Okay... what’s next? Avengers is pretty awesome, code still being improved, but the design/bones are very good. The soul gem mode (conserve your flips) is fantastic, and would love to see more wizard modes that make you stop and rethink how you play.

What other cool similar (or not) rule-based modes would be fun?

Like, what if after collecting/qualifying something, your bonus was inversely proportional to the number of flips during that ball?

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Okay... what’s next?

Well as much as I love Elwin's new three flipper designs with great ramp configurations I am looking for something different now. To me Iron Maiden, Jurassic Park, and Avengers all play similar with third flipper set up and no bash toys. I like Avengers but I am holding off because it feels too close to Jurassic Park for me. Looking forward to some new layouts from Elwin.

#246 3 years ago

Every layout he has done has been different. Also I’m pretty sure he’s already said he hates two flipper games, so I expect at least three flippers going forward.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

so I expect at least three flippers going forward.

I would love to see a four flipper game with great ramp shots-thinking some kind of modern truck stop type game? His games are all different but sometimes third flipper games start to feel the same without unique features(Tron keeps it interesting with third flipper set up and Recognizer bank.)

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would love to see a four flipper game with great ramp shots-thinking some kind of modern truck stop type game? His games are all different but sometimes third flipper games start to feel the same without unique features.

Any game without unique features will feel the same. I’m glad so far all his games have unique features and feel nothing alike.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

To me Iron Maiden, Jurassic Park, and Avengers all play similar with third flipper set up and no bash toys.

I feel a little similarity in play, but think that comes from a designer knowing what they like to play themselves (luckily I must have similar tastes.)

I don’t think IMDN and JP2 play anything alike at all though and are more unique from each other where Avengers I started to recognize the DNA from the other two.

Also, I don’t get bash toys and the draw. Just not my cup of tea.

I do see a similar use of the third flipper to essentially create two playfields on one level (without having to rely on an ‘upper’ playfield). I prefer this to trying to make a decent upper playfield, which rarely works IMO. I would love to see a layout similar to Genie/Paragon/etc. but given standard playfield dimensions you are sort of boxed into a limited set of options.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Also, I don’t get bash toys and the draw. Just not my cup of tea.

Certain bash toys are epic-think Monger and Sparky. Now to have a game with no third flipper, no cool ramp configurations, and a single bash toy in middle-meh not my cup of tea. Now give me all of it and it fills my cup. I am a huge comic fan and love Avengers but the honeymoon stage went away quickly as it felt way too similar to playing my JP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwins-next-game/page/5?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.