4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-03-01 10_34_40-beavis and butthead - - Image Search Results (resized).png
keith (resized).png

#1 4 months ago

I am less interested in what the next Stern game is going to be - if KME has game #3 ready to go, that is what I want to hear about. Any guesses on what it is?

He says it is a change of pace from the last 2 (both masterpieces IMO)... what does that mean?

#2 4 months ago

Hopefully it means non-licensed, but knowing stern that's not likely.

#3 4 months ago

my guess is that it sadly means it only has 2 flippers and fewer shots

my hope is that it means they are giving him the liberty to use some non-traditional features and break away from the Stern limitations

#4 4 months ago

It’s going into my lineup, that’s for sure

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my hope is that it means they are giving him the liberty to use some non-traditional features and break away from the Stern limitations

I completely agree with this. If I was king (Gary in this case I guess) I would give him a ridiculous amount of room to design outside the box, including not being bound to a specific BOM price point.

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

It’s going into my lineup, that’s for sure

You and me both.

#7 4 months ago

I’m really enjoying Jurassic Park. I hope he keeps things interesting and innovative. I’m a big fan of 3 and 4 flipper games, hope that trend continues. A game that’s fun for beginners yet challenging for experts.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m really enjoying Jurassic Park. I hope he keeps things interesting and innovative. I’m a big fan of 3 and 4 flipper games, hope that trend continues. A game that’s fun for beginners yet challenging for experts.

That's where he missed the mark IMO on JP. Definitely a players game. Shots and rules are fairly difficult for beginners. Just what I gathered from having it on route at our bar. I loved it but the casual player was one and done most often. Maiden on the other hand is much more approachable shot wise.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRave:

That's where he missed the mark IMO on JP. Definitely a players game. Shots and rules are fairly difficult for beginners. Just what I gathered from having it on route at our bar. I loved it but the casual player was one and done most often. Maiden on the other hand is much more approachable shot wise.

IME his game so very well on route because they appeal to both new and competitive players. Honestly a key (along w theme) for games now IMHO

#10 4 months ago

Maybe it was just our location. I expected JP to do better than it did, especially with the theme. All I can attribute it to is the more difficult shots and rules. Iron Maiden continues to kill it and theme wise is not nearly as universal. Regardless I think he's one of the best designers out there right now.

#11 4 months ago

I'm sure if it were 2 flippers, he would still have an amazing layout.

#12 4 months ago

Different eh? I’d love to see his take on a no-ramp classic stern kinda thing.

#13 4 months ago

It will be interesting to see what he does for sure.

I loved IMDN and wasn't sure he could top that, and he did with JP, which I think is one of the bear pins of all time...maybe the GOAT.

I think creatively, it's hard to stay fresh and unique. I can't imagine how difficult it is for Richie and Borg, who've designed so many games.

I do hope Keith has the juice/goodwill/trust/freedom to do what he wants. He's clearly massively talented. I love that he does the rulesets as well...it just makes for such a cohesive/integrated experience in my opinion.

I also hope he continues to make challenging games like JP. Most games are going in the home and played by experienced players and tournament players likely prefer the challenge as well. Stern puts out plenty of games by other designers that are easy to shoot.

#14 4 months ago

Jaws widebody.... You're gonna need a bigger game room.

And speaking of Keith... He's in Jaws 2... Keith Gordon that is.

keith (resized).png
#15 4 months ago

It was already announced......Laundry Day!

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

if KME has game #3 ready to go

He meant his part of designing the playfield layout and likely some/most of the rules. I doubt any code has even been started yet. It is a 2021 game.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

He meant his part of designing the playfield layout and likely some/most of the rules.

I got that part and that’s enough for me to start getting amped up for it.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Laundry Day!

Still trying to think of a witty response to this... but I’ve got nothing.

Edit: just listened to the podcast and understand the reference now.

#19 4 months ago

I recall an interview sometime around when Keith was first hired on. He stated his dream theme is....
2020-03-01 10_34_40-beavis and butthead - - Image Search Results (resized).png
I'll be interested in buying this title.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Jaws widebody.... You're gonna need a bigger game room.
And speaking of Keith... He's in Jaws 2... Keith Gordon that is.[quoted image]

And a Plymouth Fury.

#21 4 months ago

I recall an interview sometime around when Keith was first hired on. He stated his dream theme is....

Uffda. That felt a bit like a bucket of ice-water dumped over my head in the morning.

Not sure I could deal with the call-outs from that one.

#22 4 months ago

[quoted image]
I'll be interested in buying this title.

I love Beavis and Butthead.
My dad and I would stay up and watch it at night in the 90s much to my moms protest.

#23 4 months ago

2020-03-01 10_34_40-

Lesbian Seagull Multiball

#24 4 months ago

There is a thisweekinpinball interview from August of 2018 where he said his dream theme would be The Hardy Boys. Not sure if that was serious or not.

If it was, and that “you meddling kids!” / mystery theme is his cup of tea... Scooby Doo seems like a good fit for a licensed IP.

#25 4 months ago

Dream theme. Tide pod multi ball in order to get to the wrinkle free wizard mode would make for some good progression.

Quoted from TomGWI:

It was already announced......Laundry Day!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside