Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 435 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4161 (resized).jpeg
    2022-08-10 18.19.59 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.57 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.54 (resized).jpg
    BBF2019B-D156-44CE-95C7-14ACF5EBA296 (resized).jpeg
    05447AE0-DED5-4CA2-98F4-EE53F3649608 (resized).jpeg
    37C6CB9D-76B7-499B-A72D-AEC1D00828E0 (resized).jpeg
    EB6B6FCE-29C3-4452-AB14-E7D8E184C2A5 (resized).jpeg
    418437FD-CB32-4037-B973-7483CAB00B7A (resized).jpeg
    0B92A5A5-C9A9-4923-87A1-160401A5E685 (resized).jpeg
    3F4BEFD3-033E-4A91-B610-20D940FE19BC (resized).jpeg
    77D897F8-3130-4857-BE40-72A24F38E041 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210520-191240_Instagram (resized).jpg
    flip_meme (resized).jpg
    EAC4D3DE-DA53-44B5-A641-9E493E0E890F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Now…a solution if IFPA cares to address this is to make it illegal for players to turn a game off and “require” players to plunge all balls..

For what purpose...whats the fucking point?

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

So we don’t have people trying to make something out of nothing

Well thats the thing; we don't.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

..WE don’t but maybe the OP has an issue with it as he brought it up for discussion.

Whats the discussion? He felt more energy could be used later and didn't play the ball. Or he had to shit. Or he had his mom on his mind. Speaking of moms....

My wife & I had to go to her parents house for a make up Mothers' Day that was postponed early this month (UFF!).
    So this morning I F&*^ed her Ti$@W or "Tit-^&%*ed" her as the kids say.
    NOW, obviously not really that exciting, it's been done many many times but it's been awHile; and super fun! But anyway...later that night my daughter hit the right TWD ramp and it was cool...I had to walk away from my game to see it!

EDIT: So...as you can see; things come up.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I have no idea what’s what here...

Its simple really..Happy Mother's Day!

[Removed]

NOW, if you'll excuse me I'm going to play some AIQ. Which is like SOOO awesome after dipping it under 8° (TWSS!)

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I can’t wait to hear what happens on Father’s Day.

Oh and some Ti&*^ing. I mean I hope.

Quoted from Dalton71611:

Yes, conceding on Ball 3 of your final game, with your World Championship tournament life on the line, is an absurd thing to do.
    I'm not Keith Elwin, I have no 11 major championships under my belt. None of us know what his real intentions were in conceding.
    Was I confused/shocked? Absolutely.
    Did I have a problem with Keith's decision? No.
    The biggest thing that made me disappointed was not Keith conceding, but rather it was those chat members that just downright condemned Keith for his decision. "Keith lost cool points," "Keith lost GOAT status" etc. Seeing those that praise Keith as the greatest player ever turn around and bash him for conceding to Escher made me sick. Yes, it's a sport. Yes, he may have come back on ball 3. Who knows?
    "But Dalton, Escher conceded on F14 against Eric!"
    Number one, Escher was down by an astronomically large deficit. Much more than Keith was on Dialed In. Number two, Escher had games left to play. Not to mention he just fought 9 games against Keith before he got to Eric. Escher was probably running on empty at that point, needing to save all the energy he had left. Tournament players can tell you that your energy will be sapped in long tournaments like this. Maybe it was Adam who told Escher to concede. Once again, who knows?
    In the end, I view his concession as a sign of respect towards Escher, a young worthy opponent who fought tooth and nail. Maybe he wanted to see Escher go on and win another major. (It ain't like Keith has 11 of them already lol) Last I checked, conceding games is not illegal.
    Overall, people are blowing this way out of proportion and need to just let it go. It's all water under the bridge at this point. I honestly feel bad for Keith, who is going to receive bombardments of flak for this.

This literally has nothing to do with Tit^#*#ing.
    Maybe...the IFPA should limit Pinside posts to stuff that involves Tits. And um...well you know.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In Florida, weathermen are lightning rods of controversy!
    Anybody watching the news in Tampa last night got to see Stone showing off his new world champion hardware!
    Memorial Day being a bit of a slow news day, they gave him several minutes to talk about the tournament and pinball before he did the weather. I never thought I’d hear there phrase “guardians of the galaxy code update” on a local news broadcast weather segment, but here we are!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

First you had Joe Moravsky weatherman/Amercian Ninja Warrior now this; nice!

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Are grits really considered a staple of US breakfast? I've never even seen grits on offer outside of the south. They suck!

Well the south is pretty big so I think it counts.

But yes they do suck.

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

... Then again, I call it pop, so maybe I'm the weird one!

You should hear us scold our daughter when she says "Soda." I don't know where she learned that shit but it aint allowed round here!

#238 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kigoli:

... it was a serious buzz kill to watch Keith do that. I'd invested 3-4 hours into that match, only for it end in the most anticlimactic way possible.

Well then, I guess pinball is a sport after all

#285 1 year ago

Classic SadSack!

#336 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

...of nerds. LOL!
    Listen... I love pinball just as much (well maybe not as much) as everyone else here but as a whole, it's a pretty dorky hobby.
    Not many girls are going to swone over you if you tell them you are a good pinball player let a lone in a tournament OR one of the top players in the world!

But they do for all other "sports?"
    I mean say it isn't a sport that's cool, but make some fucking sense.

#378 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Calling pinball a sport is like saying everyone gets a trophy for participation.

Uhhhh......huh

1 year later
    #428 54 days ago

Man this had some CLASSIC late night action in it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwin-plunges-and-walks-off?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.