Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 435 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4161 (resized).jpeg
    2022-08-10 18.19.59 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.57 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.54 (resized).jpg
    BBF2019B-D156-44CE-95C7-14ACF5EBA296 (resized).jpeg
    05447AE0-DED5-4CA2-98F4-EE53F3649608 (resized).jpeg
    37C6CB9D-76B7-499B-A72D-AEC1D00828E0 (resized).jpeg
    EB6B6FCE-29C3-4452-AB14-E7D8E184C2A5 (resized).jpeg
    418437FD-CB32-4037-B973-7483CAB00B7A (resized).jpeg
    0B92A5A5-C9A9-4923-87A1-160401A5E685 (resized).jpeg
    3F4BEFD3-033E-4A91-B610-20D940FE19BC (resized).jpeg
    77D897F8-3130-4857-BE40-72A24F38E041 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210520-191240_Instagram (resized).jpg
    flip_meme (resized).jpg
    EAC4D3DE-DA53-44B5-A641-9E493E0E890F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 1 year ago

I watched and enjoyed a lot of the coverage. Got to hear a couple Levi BOOMs in there as well which was a highlight. When Elwin won a game on an EM vs Danielle in literally 15 seconds that was pretty crazy. Funny how confused Levi and the other announcer were too because everyone thought it was still practice.

Saw a lot of good games. Saw some classic Cayle grinding shit out which was just fun and on brand. Excellent job all around.

That format is intense. That's a lot of damn pinball. Definitely a lot too deal with mentally. Congrats to all the players! The stream had around 500 viewers all weekend, which I know isn't much of anything in the grand scheme, but still super legit for pinball.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you meant Escher, getting like 150,000 on mars trek vs stone, which yes, I thought was practice.

Definitely Elwin vs Danielle. It was a hit the left saucer game. Danielle got 5 house balls. Elwin hit the saucer twice on ball one and the game was over. Pretty sure it was you in the booth at the time but maybe not.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that was the dynamic golden voiced team of bevins and macalpine in round of 8. I did the final 4 round.

Lol. It was you.

Found it. Bon Voyage.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1311654333
    Starts a 3:38, ends very shortly after.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

Is any of this footage on YouTube/Twitch for us to rewatch?

https://www.twitch.tv/pinballasylum

There's coverage from every day.

#89 1 year ago

This is becoming a bigger scandal than when LFS declined playing in B at Pinburgh!

I'm outraged!

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lyman once left a big tournament early, forfeiting a final 4 match, because he had to catch a plane.
    He didn’t disrespect the sport or his opponents. He just wanted to go home.

I forget about that, now I'm double outraged!

I'm kidding of course. Playing in all day multi day tournaments is taxing on your mind and body. It's a very different beast than your local monthly. I thought it was odd, but I can relate to just wanting to be done with it. Also, they owe us nothing.

#100 1 year ago

Once my local tax dollars start subsidizing pinball arenas, then I'll start being butt hurt about players actions.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

I'm surprised to see people finally talking about a pinball tournament here. As we all know, there's never been a single thread about competitive pinball on pinside of all places, much less about a championship. Wild! I can't see why anyone actually cares though. After you've seen one tournament you've seen them all. Escher pushed some buttons. Keith pushed some buttons. Eric pushed some buttons. There was literally no difference. It's all button pushing. It's all the same. Context about the outcomes of those button presses doesn't matter and btw I'm hyper defensive about my friends. Michael Jordan's flu game was the same as any other and I don't know why people ever talked about it. Here's a few random pictures. No one really knows why we're talking about me now but let's keep it up. Here's another tournament coming up, but if anything weird happens you must agree that it's no different than everything in the history of the world, so if you want to talk about it I'll just talk over you until you stop. Speaking of me, it's about time we got back to that. Why yes, I did commentate the tournament. Absolutely nothing unusual happened and I killed it. No I don't want to talk about your thing, this thread is about me now. Besides, nothing happened anyway. Btw, Eric Stone won. I'll give you some context for why that matters even though context doesn't matter, him winning here is the same as if he won elsewhere if I follow myself correctly. Why are you still talking about the thread title, heres some more random pics to get this back on track.
    Jesus. Christ.

Yawn.
    Cool story bro.

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it comes down to some people just want more Booms for there Buck.

Some will look at GDP and CPI for insight into our economy's health, but for me, BOOM/BUCK is key.

#131 1 year ago

I have heard he's <moderated>

#152 1 year ago

I just watched the vid of Stone blowing up F14. I went in to see him roll it, but the 3-way BOOM and Top Gun commentary stole the show.

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

IMO if you enter a tournament, any tournament I don't care what it is, you stick it out to the end.

I guess you mean, 'your' end. It's depressing how few people stay around for the end of any tournament.

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinburgh did a pretty good job pulling that off in its final couple of years

That setup was excellent. Was a good time hanging around cheering on the finals.

I'm not going but Yegpin looks like it's going to have a similar setup

#228 1 year ago

Soda and pop are fine, but the whole 'coke' thing is bonkers.

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know. Just like all these hillbillies calling my inline stakes Rollerblades.

I can deal with that one, but the fact that "I'll take a coke, Pepsi" is a real sentence somewhere is just silly.

#244 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No Ball saves or EBs. Except when it happens for whatever reason.

This seems pretty normal to me these days.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Early Digital and EM games player 1 / 3 only to avoid tilt throughs.

First time I had seen this but I'm not mad at it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EMs only 1 player, for some reason. Avoid tilt throughs via two players? Just one set of score reels to deal with / maintain? Who knows!!

A little weird but I think the score reel is probably the answer. As you know a reel was a whole thing at Pinfest and then another similar incident happened at the DPO. Easier to babysit one reel I guess.

#270 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Why does it take 4 hrs to determine who is better that day at pinball? This blows my mind.
    Clarification: Not for whole tournament, but between two people.

1. It's the world championship
    2. It's a best of 7 match between elite players
    3. It went up to 9 games because they were tied 3-3 after 6
    4. It was still probably closer to 3 hours

#276 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Why go up if best of 7? Does there have to be a 2 game lead? That would be something to look into to keep things moving along.

That was the first time I had seen that happen but I guess as Levi mentioned it's been a thing for a while.

It happened to a couple of matches and as someone who was just watching the stream, I was all for some bonus action. Not sure how I would have felt as a participant.

#348 1 year ago

Did you know that some stripper poles spin and others don't?

I saw a stripper fall off a 2 story pole in a club on Bourbon St. She walked away. There have definitely been some casualties though.

#373 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

Sadly, it’s gone now. Over several days I made it through the semifinals, and was hoping to watch some of the finals this morning. Does anyone know if it’s going up somewhere else?

Don't know if the full streams are anywhere, but there are still a ton of clips from the event on the Asylum page

#380 1 year ago

So then since cargo shorts and New Balance sneakers are mandatory attire for competitive pinball, case closed, it's a sport.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwin-plunges-and-walks-off?tu=ectobar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.