Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 435 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4161 (resized).jpeg
    2022-08-10 18.19.59 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.57 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.54 (resized).jpg
    BBF2019B-D156-44CE-95C7-14ACF5EBA296 (resized).jpeg
    05447AE0-DED5-4CA2-98F4-EE53F3649608 (resized).jpeg
    37C6CB9D-76B7-499B-A72D-AEC1D00828E0 (resized).jpeg
    EB6B6FCE-29C3-4452-AB14-E7D8E184C2A5 (resized).jpeg
    418437FD-CB32-4037-B973-7483CAB00B7A (resized).jpeg
    0B92A5A5-C9A9-4923-87A1-160401A5E685 (resized).jpeg
    3F4BEFD3-033E-4A91-B610-20D940FE19BC (resized).jpeg
    77D897F8-3130-4857-BE40-72A24F38E041 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210520-191240_Instagram (resized).jpg
    flip_meme (resized).jpg
    EAC4D3DE-DA53-44B5-A641-9E493E0E890F (resized).jpeg

There are 435 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 1 year ago
    Quoted from AnimeDude892:

Videos are taken down. Is there anyway to watch the coverage?

Are you sure you want to see it? I mean once you see it, you can't undo it from your mind. Certainly don't want to watch it at work or around your kids.

#402 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Are you sure you want to see it? I mean once you see it, you can't undo it from your mind. Certainly don't want to watch it at work or around your kids.

Was I talking to you? No I wasn't. Also I don't have kids, never have, never will. I'm 24. You should know that by now.

#403 1 year ago

Was I talking to you? No I wasn't. Also I don't have kids, never have, never will. I'm 24. You should know that by now.

Oh... Well I'm sorry then. I didn't know you were talking to anyone directly on a public post.

Thanks for letting me know you don't have kids, that is refreshing and the fact that you never will.

Not sure how I would know that you are 24 but you are over 18 which makes it a-ok for you to watch the video. It's pretty graphic in nature which is why I like to put that information out there in case someone would happen to click on it at work.

#404 1 year ago

Wow! Months on, and this topic still is stirring up unrivaled passions in the pinball community!

Just goes to show, the GOAT is clearly the straw that stirs the drink around here.

Congrats to Keith on a strong final 4 finish defending his NYCPC title this weekend. We have been proud that it’s one of the few tournaments Keith has chosen to attend annually in recent years, and look forward to more legendary performances by him at the New York City Pinball Championships.

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow! Months on, and this topic still is stirring up unrivaled passions in the pinball community!
    Just goes to show, the GOAT is clearly the straw stirs the drink around here.
    Congrats to Keith on a strong final 4 finish defending his NYCPC title this weekend. We have been proud that it’s one of the few tournaments Keith has chosen to attend annually in recent years, and look forward to more legendary performances by him at the New York City Pinball Championships.

Thanks for all of your hard work and passion for these tournaments. It was informative & entertaining to have you on commentary as usual, but I especially loved seeing / hearing The Storm on commentary. Wish he was able to get out to more tournaments.

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just goes to show, the GOAT is clearly the straw that stirs the drink around here.

I think they should erect a statue of him... Maybe a national holiday is in order?

#407 1 year ago

This is still a discussion? Personally, I don’t blame anyone who plunges and wants to walk away from a Jjp game lol

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jail_bones:

This is still a discussion? Personally, I don’t blame anyone who plunges and wants to walk away from a Jjp game lol

It was on my local news station, coverage of it but that was two weeks ago so who knows...

Hey. BTW.... Did you know AnimeDude892 is 24?

#409 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jail_bones:

This is still a discussion?

Nah, people are just shitposting or promoting their brand.

#410 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Hey. BTW.... Did you know AnimeDude892 is 24?

This made me laugh.

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Nah, people are just shitposting or promoting their brand.

To be fair that, was a couple of hours ago.

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Thanks for all of your hard work and passion for these tournaments. It was informative & entertaining to have you on commentary as usual, but I especially loved seeing / hearing The Storm on commentary. Wish he was able to get out to more tournaments.

The Storm is part of our identity and part of our brand, and as long as I'm promoting it, you can be assured of more Storm in the booth at NYCPC!

I was really hoping he (or another New Yorker) would take it, but I have to say our final 4 of one "name" (The goat) and 3 relative surprise players was refreshing. Big congrats to Bill Mason, a great player who is finally getting his due, a great guy, and the best post-match interview I think I've ever had in the booth!

Boomy Bill Mason: Your 2022 New York City Pinball Champion!

DJ "Keepin' It" Riel, our 2022 NYCPC Classics Champion (pictured with NYC Pinball fixture Greg Poverelli)

Anna "Queer As" Wolk, our 2022 NYCPC Dahlia Rowan Memorial Women's Champion (not pictured)

We are in the process of getting pics together. Please feel free to send me anything good you might have if you were in attendance.

I hope Bill got his giant check on the plane, he was pretty worried about where it would fit. I suggested the first class suit storage area.
    0B92A5A5-C9A9-4923-87A1-160401A5E685 (resized).jpeg0B92A5A5-C9A9-4923-87A1-160401A5E685 (resized).jpeg3F4BEFD3-033E-4A91-B610-20D940FE19BC (resized).jpeg3F4BEFD3-033E-4A91-B610-20D940FE19BC (resized).jpeg418437FD-CB32-4037-B973-7483CAB00B7A (resized).jpeg418437FD-CB32-4037-B973-7483CAB00B7A (resized).jpeg77D897F8-3130-4857-BE40-72A24F38E041 (resized).jpeg77D897F8-3130-4857-BE40-72A24F38E041 (resized).jpeg
    EB6B6FCE-29C3-4452-AB14-E7D8E184C2A5 (resized).jpegEB6B6FCE-29C3-4452-AB14-E7D8E184C2A5 (resized).jpeg37C6CB9D-76B7-499B-A72D-AEC1D00828E0 (resized).jpeg37C6CB9D-76B7-499B-A72D-AEC1D00828E0 (resized).jpeg05447AE0-DED5-4CA2-98F4-EE53F3649608 (resized).jpeg05447AE0-DED5-4CA2-98F4-EE53F3649608 (resized).jpeg

#413 1 year ago

Levi, I love the Wide World of Sports blazers you guys were wearing.

#414 1 year ago

I can't believe you got to get that close to him. WOW!

#415 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I can't believe you got to get that close to him. WOW!

And you could have been too! All you had to do was buy a ticket for Nycpc 2022.

But regret is the foundation of sorrow, and it’s not needed. For your chance to bask in the presence of the greats will once again present itself in 2023.

See you there!

#416 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And you could have been too! All you had to do was buy a ticket for Nycpc 2022.
    But regret is the foundation of sorrow, and it’s not needed. For your chance to bask in the presence of the greats will once again present itself in 2023.
    See you there!

I'm sure it's not that easy with all the screaming fans. I mean I doubt I could even hold myself together seeing him that close! That must have been something and now will have those memories for a lifetime. Something you can share with your kids when they get old and then their kids someday. Really is incredible! Thank you so much for sharing.

#417 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm sure it's not that easy with all the screaming fans. I mean I doubt I could even hold myself together seeing him that close! That must have been something and now will have those memories for a lifetime. Something you can share with your kids when they get old and then their kids someday. Really is incredible! Thank you so much for sharing.

Ha I know what you mean. But when you do this all the time like me, you learn how to keep your cool when in the presence of greatness. You know... "act like ya been there!" Like, Michelle Tafoya can interview Tom Brady like she does it every day, but a civilian like myself would probably get the jitters.

Glad you liked the pics, and hopefully you can join us next year! Besides the chance to witness this top level, championship pinball, we also had a bank of 10 brand new Stern machines from CoinTaker for everybody to enjoy all weekend long. And next year will be bigger and better.

You can see all the action - and I mean all of it (4 days) of qualifying / finals on twitch at Backhand Pinball's channel.

Enjoy!

#418 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I know what you mean. But when you do this all the time like me, you learn how to keep your cool when in the presence of greatness. You know... "act like ya been there!" Like, Michelle Tafoya can interview Tom Brady like she does it every day, but a civilian like myself would probably get the jitters.
    Glad you liked the pics, and hopefully you can join us next year! Besides the chance to witness this top level, championship pinball, we also had a bank of 10 brand new Stern machines from CoinTaker for everybody to enjoy all weekend long.
    You can see all the action - and I mean all of it (4 days) of qualifying / finals on twitch at Backhand Pinball's channel.
    Enjoy!

Yeah I know, keep it together. Gotcha.

I will see how I do around Borg at Cointaker's party coming up here in September before I set my sights on the "GOAT". If I crack around Borg, I'm doomed.

Since I know Chris and Melissa (because I only live 20 mins from there) I am going to see if they can get a life size cut out of John for me to practice keeping my cool around. You know, before the big day!

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah I know, keep it together. Gotcha.
    I will see how I do around Borg at Cointaker's party coming up here in September before I set my sights on the "GOAT". If I crack around Borg, I'm doomed.
    Since I know Chris and Melissa (because I only live 20 mins from there) I am going to see if they can get a life size cut out of John for me to practice keeping my cool around. You know, before the big day!

I've chatted with Borg many times, he's an approachable guy with similar interests as myself (guitar, the gods of rock, pinball, and of course BMX); just act like he's a normal dude and I think you'll be ok. Don't fanboy out on him man! Nobody likes that routine.

Tell Chris and Melissa I said hi! They are truly heroes. Their awesome free play bank was being gorged upon by pinball fanatics all weekend long. Even my parents got a taste! My mom was hooked on Godzilla, and the old man (the one who looks like Larry David) really gravitated toward Mando Premium.

And they are PROs. Got those games in and out/ set up and broken down quickly and safely. True MVPs in my book. You are lucky to have CoinTaker - such a great distributor - in your own backyard. I've bought one NIB from them (Avengers) and I plan on more!
    BBF2019B-D156-44CE-95C7-14ACF5EBA296 (resized).jpegBBF2019B-D156-44CE-95C7-14ACF5EBA296 (resized).jpeg

#420 1 year ago

I have a friend who knows him well, I am going to leave the talking to him. I doubt I will be able to muster up more than a simple "Hello" let alone kiss the ring on his hand but maybe he will let me wash his feet? Will see how it goes...

Here are a few recent photos from Cointaker's and not to get off topic but do you remember the one time Keith plunged the ball, than walked off?

2022-08-10 18.19.51 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.51 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.54 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.54 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.57 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.57 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.59 (resized).jpg2022-08-10 18.19.59 (resized).jpg

#421 1 year ago

I upvoted your post because it made me laugh. Like wtf? Too funny. Did you and visitorQ go through a bad breakup or something?

#422 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I upvoted your post because it made me laugh. Like wtf? Too funny. Did you and visitorQ go through a bad breakup or something?

The only time my heart was ever broke was the day Keith fired that ball and simply walked away.

I think the original person who posted this would agree.

#423 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

The only time my heart was ever broke was the day Keith fired that ball and simply walked away.
    I think the original person who posted this would agree.

I agree. And I’m sorry if I came too harsh on you. Keith Elwin is one of my favorite pinball players of all time and when I saw him doing that I was shocked.

#424 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I never met him personally. Also I did meet Keith Elwin at INDISC this year, he’s a great guy.

1 year later
    #425 55 days ago

Anyone remember this?

#426 55 days ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Anyone remember this?

no.

#427 55 days ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Anyone remember this?

I've never stopped being furious about it

#428 55 days ago

Man this had some CLASSIC late night action in it.

#429 55 days ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I've never stopped being furious about it

Plunge heard round the world outside of glass.

#430 54 days ago

He was probably just exhausted from a long week of trying to get the shark to eat the dam ball!

#431 54 days ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Plunge heard round the world outside of glass.

LOL!

#432 54 days ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

He was probably just exhausted from a long week of trying to get the shark to eat the dam ball!

Good reminder that you never really know what's going on with someone.

That must have been really hard on him.

#433 53 days ago

I'm not convenience, that even till this day that he has fully recovered mentally from this.

#434 53 days ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Anyone remember this?

IMG_4161 (resized).jpegIMG_4161 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #435 27 days ago

I had a dream last night that this happen. I woke up this morning thinking, it was only a dream. Then I saw this thread again...

There are 435 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwin-plunges-and-walks-off/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.