Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 435 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4161 (resized).jpeg
    2022-08-10 18.19.59 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.57 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2022-08-10 18.19.54 (resized).jpg
    BBF2019B-D156-44CE-95C7-14ACF5EBA296 (resized).jpeg
    05447AE0-DED5-4CA2-98F4-EE53F3649608 (resized).jpeg
    37C6CB9D-76B7-499B-A72D-AEC1D00828E0 (resized).jpeg
    EB6B6FCE-29C3-4452-AB14-E7D8E184C2A5 (resized).jpeg
    418437FD-CB32-4037-B973-7483CAB00B7A (resized).jpeg
    0B92A5A5-C9A9-4923-87A1-160401A5E685 (resized).jpeg
    3F4BEFD3-033E-4A91-B610-20D940FE19BC (resized).jpeg
    77D897F8-3130-4857-BE40-72A24F38E041 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210520-191240_Instagram (resized).jpg
    flip_meme (resized).jpg
    EAC4D3DE-DA53-44B5-A641-9E493E0E890F (resized).jpeg

There are 435 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s different !
    (I meant from a noun / verb / noun sentence structure)
    Do you want to talk about the actual tournament results at all? Any thoughts on the final 4 matches?

You’ve already posted the exact same thing twice and you’ll do it again. I think I’ve said my piece on it.

#102 1 year ago

Now that all pieces have been stated multiple times by multiple parties on the pinball scandal of the century, do you have any interest in discussing anything else about the tournament? Even the Oscars had some post-show discussion that was unrelated to the WIll Smith slap.

A lot of amazing stuff happened! Do you agree that Stone is the best in the world right now?

Thanks for the support on the stream as well. Thousands of people are watching this stuff, it's an amazing response.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I thought he was pretty good when I saw him score over 100 billion on LZ and 25 billion on KISS

Good point. For those that want to check these epic games out Eric plays on Tuesday nights on Twitch under Batcave pinball. I agree with Levi that he is the GOAT right now. I’m glad he’s getting the recognition he deserves. Who else can concentrate and focus on a 4 1/2 hour game of BM 66. That game is also archived on the Batcave Pinball channel. Just amazing to watch. Very controversial at times but I’ve never seen him disrespect another player, your not even in the room. It’s just him and the machine.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keith conceded a game.
    Escher conceded a game.
    Those sentences are literally identical in every single way.
    “But it’s different.”
    Nope.

So you think conceding a match and conceding a game are exactly the same thing? Interesting.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingpin22:

Good point. For those that want to check these epic games out Eric plays on Tuesday nights on Twitch under Batcave pinball. I agree with Levi that he is the GOAT right now. I’m glad he’s getting the recognition he deserves. Who else can concentrate and focus on a 4 1/2 hour game of BM 66. That game is also archived on the Batcave Pinball channel. Just amazing to watch. Very controversial at times but I’ve never seen him disrespect another player, your not even in the room. It’s just him and the machine.

Right, someone on the stream called him the "JOhn McEnenroe of pinball," which I see to a point as far as his vocalizations and intensity. But unlike John, Stone doesn't take it out on the audience, refs, nor his opponents, just the machine and himself. So, as we say in pinball social commentary, "it's different."

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

SO you have zero interest in discussing anything else about the tournament?
    A lot of amazing stuff happened! Do you agree that Stone is the best in the world right now?
    Thanks for the support on the stream as well. Thousands of people are watching this stuff, it's an amazing response.

Yeah look happy to discuss. Just having a bit of fun. I am more than happy to discuss the event, just not sure that anyone else wants to hear it.

It was a memorable event for sure. Stone deserved this 100%. His local venue and in Norma's memory. Great to hear you on stream as well as usual and I hope you had fun with the Aussies that went over.Tim is great value. Maybe you could commentate remotely from the US for Brisbane.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yeah look happy to discuss. Just having a bit of fun. I am more than happy to discuss the event, just not sure that anyone else wants to hear it.
    It was a memorable event for sure. Stone deserved this 100%. His local venue and in Norma's memory. Great to hear you on stream as well as usual and I hope you had fun with the Aussies that went over.Tim is great value. Maybe you could commentate remotely from the US for Brisbane.

You mean THESE lunatics?

Great guys. We introduced them to the pleasures of Cracker Barrel. And managed to stuff them in the back of a mustang.

9D781134-F2E9-42D9-858E-5C2E65D450B4 (resized).jpeg9D781134-F2E9-42D9-858E-5C2E65D450B4 (resized).jpegCE6A69B3-39CE-470E-A5F6-940E0F1822D8 (resized).jpegCE6A69B3-39CE-470E-A5F6-940E0F1822D8 (resized).jpeg

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Once my local tax dollars start subsidizing pinball arenas, then I'll start being butt hurt about players actions.

The Pinstadium Stadium

#109 1 year ago

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah I saw some pics Jeff on Facebook. Priceless!!!! Even more of a reason for you to come out dammit

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

The Pinstadium Stadium

I think you mean the Neo Explosion Mobius Sparkle Atom Constellation Edition Pinstadium Stadium

#111 1 year ago

Stone = McEnroe? Yeah the emotions, but Stone has a big heart... In his stream on GZ one of the best lines he said was "God Golly,I dont like this Miss Molly" I laughed for ages. I like his passion and determination. Pity he had to wear a mask. Hes going to be around for a while so I will look forward to watching him in future events. That game on F14 tho... hell.

Would have liked to have seen more of Jim but yeah there are only so many cameras etc.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Stone = McEnroe? Yeah the emotions, but Stone has a big heart... In his stream on GZ one of the best lines he said was "God Golly,I dont like this Miss Molly" I laughed for ages. I like his passion and determination. Pity he had to wear a mask. Hes going to be around for a while so I will look forward to watching him in future events. That game on F14 tho... hell.
    Would have liked to have seen more of Jim but yeah there are only so many cameras etc.

The rigs were wired, so moving them meant unlplugging large cables and moving them via the ceiling. The system there needs just a little refining but Vince and co did a good job. We did our best to keep thing moving to where something interesting would be showing.

I guess a commentary cam is good but we all have faces made for radio!

#113 1 year ago

Yeah look everyone I am sure appreciated the effort as always. Streaming really has come along way and theres so much effort that goes into organising that side of it let alone running a comp! I could swear tho, some of the commentators had a bit of the old 420. Lol was great hearing them discuss the finer things in life.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yeah look everyone I am sure appreciated the effort as always. Streaming really has come along way and theres so much effort that goes into organising that side of it let alone running a comp! I could swear tho, some of the commentators had a bit of the old 420. Lol was great hearing them discuss the finer things in life.

I might have been in gummy town!

#115 1 year ago

I guess it's just another thread to kill the days until the Toy Story reveal

#116 1 year ago

I enjoyed watching many many hours of this live. I have to say about 80-90% of the chat comments are just garbage. So much so that several times I just went full screen for hours at a time to not see all the BS being posted.

Levi, I really enjoy your commentary. There were some in chat that just despised your commentary. Some were begging them to remove you and put someone else in. Someone "better with the rules" and "more professional".

I get that side of things with Colin M. Colin is very calm and great at explaining the nuances of the rules and strategy. I really do think we need both. Just like any two person team in sports broadcasting. One for color commentary and also an analyst. I enjoy both. BUT, I must say I enjoy Levi's style the most. You keep doing you CrazyLevi !

Also, BTW, great pictures! Please post more if you've got 'em.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I enjoyed watching many many hours of this live. I have to say about 80-90% of the chat comments are just garbage. So much so that several times I just went full screen for hours at a time to not see all the BS being posted.
    Levi, I really enjoy your commentary. There were some in chat that just despised your commentary. Some were begging them to remove you and put someone else in. Someone "better with the rules" and "more professional".
    I get that side of things with Colin M. Colin is very calm and great at explaining the nuances of the rules and strategy. I really do think we need both. Just like any two person team in sports broadcasting. One for color commentary and also an analyst. I enjoy both. BUT, I must say I enjoy Levi's style the most. You keep doing you CrazyLevi !
    Also, BTW, great pictures! Please post more if you've got 'em.

Thanks breath!

There's def room for all types. Naturally, I like my style the best (color/action/enough rules to get you by), but I will say I enjoyed Colin and Bevin's 10 minute deep dive into the avengers-like rules and strategy morass that is Bally's Knockout. I probably would have just said "Shoot the spinners, build up bonus," and started calling the game, but they showed me that even a game as dumb and simple as that deserves it's own 5-page tiltforums rulesheet! Variety is the spice of life, which is why I think you should switch things up every few hours rather than having the same guys in for 12 hours a day. Not everybody feels that way of course.

I didn’t think I took many pics but here we are!
    04203C49-CCC2-47BD-8BC2-09072C65C124 (resized).jpeg04203C49-CCC2-47BD-8BC2-09072C65C124 (resized).jpeg112B0942-C95A-4DE9-9960-03E0487E3AEE (resized).jpeg112B0942-C95A-4DE9-9960-03E0487E3AEE (resized).jpeg18763673-3A56-49E0-8C6E-4E25A2B0DC73 (resized).jpeg18763673-3A56-49E0-8C6E-4E25A2B0DC73 (resized).jpeg26AFFC0F-527D-482E-98CF-1DBA015A5A94 (resized).jpeg26AFFC0F-527D-482E-98CF-1DBA015A5A94 (resized).jpeg435CACA1-693D-4399-B190-F8EED3B5E72E (resized).jpeg435CACA1-693D-4399-B190-F8EED3B5E72E (resized).jpeg4D28DCA0-D1F4-4ABB-B0A9-5B55DC51A308 (resized).jpeg4D28DCA0-D1F4-4ABB-B0A9-5B55DC51A308 (resized).jpeg60AEFDA2-3484-4160-B4CF-52C42711B1F5 (resized).jpeg60AEFDA2-3484-4160-B4CF-52C42711B1F5 (resized).jpeg67C84536-AE83-4F6C-8DDB-247DCF24D172 (resized).jpeg67C84536-AE83-4F6C-8DDB-247DCF24D172 (resized).jpeg6FF69BF7-E8C2-45F7-9557-07CD869272E9 (resized).jpeg6FF69BF7-E8C2-45F7-9557-07CD869272E9 (resized).jpeg7FFB752E-AD96-46A9-AF52-7C0F409E1599 (resized).jpeg7FFB752E-AD96-46A9-AF52-7C0F409E1599 (resized).jpeg8F715DD3-F330-4879-9047-CE6450373078 (resized).jpeg8F715DD3-F330-4879-9047-CE6450373078 (resized).jpeg917F883B-B707-4786-82F8-D2BB470D9227 (resized).jpeg917F883B-B707-4786-82F8-D2BB470D9227 (resized).jpeg9A7DD483-61AB-4909-ABB8-2226B76BA44C (resized).jpeg9A7DD483-61AB-4909-ABB8-2226B76BA44C (resized).jpegCA87DC86-4CEA-4C63-BBB4-E9B1FA124B58 (resized).jpegCA87DC86-4CEA-4C63-BBB4-E9B1FA124B58 (resized).jpegCCAD248C-8F6D-4E9A-B12A-5501B5FC2F3A (resized).jpegCCAD248C-8F6D-4E9A-B12A-5501B5FC2F3A (resized).jpegDC5CD76F-2392-41DE-8A64-F95D323B0335 (resized).jpegDC5CD76F-2392-41DE-8A64-F95D323B0335 (resized).jpeg

#118 1 year ago

I think Elwin should have slapped Esher and told him to keep his girlfriends name out of his mouth.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This is my default for tournament streams too.

And I’ll take Levi on the mic any time - he keeps it entertaining, even if he may not know the rules of a particular game or always pay attention to what’s happening.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Playing in all day multi day tournaments is taxing on your mind and body. It's a very different beast than your local monthly. I thought it was odd, but I can relate to just wanting to be done with it.

You guys really know how to turn on the hard sell! Now just tell me it'll cost me a ton of money too, and I'll ask you where I sign up!!

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

You guys really know how to turn on the hard sell! Now just tell me it'll cost me a ton of money too, and I'll ask you where I sign up!!

Well, this is an invitational so playing in weekly scrub leagues won't be enough to get you a spot. it was limited to 64 of the best /most active players (at least those who could make it).

But I will say, though it's a "long" couple of days - 8 rounds of qualifying (three four player match play games), at about 2 hours a round - it is a very nice and leisurely pace with long breaks every 2 rounds. I didn't find it tiring or taxing.

Anybody who can handle Pinburgh - and apparently there's 1,000 of them - could easily handle something like this, or most of the other multi-day tournaments.

It's a raging debate now. Do you want a D82-style wppr farm with virtually no breaks, and truly long days with 2 full tournaments a day over a 4 day weekend?

Or do you prefer a 2-3 day "single tournament" format with more breaks and more room to breathe, socialize, and sleep? I prefer the latter, some prefer the former, and many love both.

A great example of an open to anybody two-day tournament that isn't a death march would be the recent Allentown Pinfest, or the upcoming Pintastic show in Massachusetts. You can play in these tournaments and also enjoy the show, your friends, and whatever else you want to do.

Might I also suggest the upcoming New York City Pinball Championships for a relaxed, multi-faceted multi-day pinball tournament and entertainment experience! GA and Entry tickets available now at www.nycpinballchamps.com !

#122 1 year ago

I'm surprised to see people finally talking about a pinball tournament here. As we all know, there's never been a single thread about competitive pinball on pinside of all places, much less about a championship. Wild! I can't see why anyone actually cares though. After you've seen one tournament you've seen them all. Escher pushed some buttons. Keith pushed some buttons. Eric pushed some buttons. There was literally no difference. It's all button pushing. It's all the same. Context about the outcomes of those button presses doesn't matter and btw I'm hyper defensive about my friends. Michael Jordan's flu game was the same as any other and I don't know why people ever talked about it. Here's a few random pictures. No one really knows why we're talking about me now but let's keep it up. Here's another tournament coming up, but if anything weird happens you must agree that it's no different than everything in the history of the world, so if you want to talk about it I'll just talk over you until you stop. Speaking of me, it's about time we got back to that. Why yes, I did commentate the tournament. Absolutely nothing unusual happened and I killed it. No I don't want to talk about your thing, this thread is about me now. Besides, nothing happened anyway. Btw, Eric Stone won. I'll give you some context for why that matters even though context doesn't matter, him winning here is the same as if he won elsewhere if I follow myself correctly. Why are you still talking about the thread title, heres some more random pics to get this back on track.

Jesus. Christ.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

I'm surprised to see people finally talking about a pinball tournament here. As we all know, there's never been a single thread about competitive pinball on pinside of all places, much less about a championship. Wild! I can't see why anyone actually cares though. After you've seen one tournament you've seen them all. Escher pushed some buttons. Keith pushed some buttons. Eric pushed some buttons. There was literally no difference. It's all button pushing. It's all the same. Context about the outcomes of those button presses doesn't matter and btw I'm hyper defensive about my friends. Michael Jordan's flu game was the same as any other and I don't know why people ever talked about it. Here's a few random pictures. No one really knows why we're talking about me now but let's keep it up. Here's another tournament coming up, but if anything weird happens you must agree that it's no different than everything in the history of the world, so if you want to talk about it I'll just talk over you until you stop. Speaking of me, it's about time we got back to that. Why yes, I did commentate the tournament. Absolutely nothing unusual happened and I killed it. No I don't want to talk about your thing, this thread is about me now. Besides, nothing happened anyway. Btw, Eric Stone won. I'll give you some context for why that matters even though context doesn't matter, him winning here is the same as if he won elsewhere if I follow myself correctly. Why are you still talking about the thread title, heres some more random pics to get this back on track.
    Jesus. Christ.

Yawn.
    Cool story bro.

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, this is an invitational so playing in weekly scrub leagues won't be enough to get you a spot. it was limited to 64 of the best /most active players (at least those who could make it).
    But I will say, though it's a "long" couple of days - 8 rounds of qualifying (three four player match play games), at about 2 hours a round - it is a very nice and leisurely pace with long breaks every 2 rounds. I didn't find it tiring or taxing.
    Anybody who can handle Pinburgh - and apparently there's 1,000 of them - could easily handle something like this, or most of the other multi-day tournaments.
    It's a raging debate now. Do you want a D82-style wppr farm with virtually no breaks, and truly long days with 2 full tournaments a day over a 4 day weekend?
    Or do you prefer a 2-3 day "single tournament" format with more breaks and more room to breathe, socialize, and sleep? I prefer the latter, some prefer the former, and many love both.
    A great example of an open to anybody two-day tournament that isn't a death march would be the recent Allentown Pinfest, or the upcoming Pintastic show in Massachusetts. You can play in these tournaments and also enjoy the show, your friends, and whatever else you want to do.
    Might I also suggest the upcoming New York City Pinball Championships for a relaxed, multi-faceted multi-day pinball tournament and entertainment experience! GA and Entry tickets available now at www.nycpinballchamps.com !

I think it comes down to some people just want more Booms for their Buck.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Yawn.
    Cool story bro.

Boy, you said it.

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it comes down to some people just want more Booms for there Buck.

Some will look at GDP and CPI for insight into our economy's health, but for me, BOOM/BUCK is key.

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks breath!
    There's def room for all types. Naturally, I like my style the best (color/action/enough rules to get you by), but I will say I enjoyed Colin and Bevin's 10 minute deep dive into the avengers-like rules and strategy morass that is Bally's Knockout. I probably would have just said "Shoot the spinners, build up bonus," and started calling the game, but they showed me that even a game as dumb and simple as that deserves it's own 5-page tiltforums rulesheet! Variety is the spice of life, which is why I think you should switch things up every few hours rather than having the same guys in for 12 hours a day. Not everybody feels that way of course.
    I didn’t think I took many pics but here we are!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man!! I’ve been looking for a Black Fever!!!

#129 1 year ago

Great pictures, Levi!

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stone may be a controversial figure in the world of pinball, but no denying the man’s talent and passion!

You say controversial, I say <moderated>.

#131 1 year ago

I have heard he's <moderated>

#132 1 year ago

What exactly was up with the masks? Especially in Florida??? They haven't given a shit for a year....

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

What exactly was up with the masks? Especially in Florida??? They haven't given a shit for a year....

IFPA rule.

#135 1 year ago

Lots of folks from Europe, so I think they wanted to everything they could to keep people Covid free for the trip home.

It was cool, we could go outside and get some fresh air now and again. And downstairs it was ok to chill with your mask off, more space and Better air.

#136 1 year ago

When I read the thread title I thought it was a metaphor and Keith had up and quit pinball. Phew ! Glad that was not what happened.

Aren’t chess matches conceded all the time ? Just doesn’t seem so odd to me.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

When I read the thread title I thought it was a metaphor and Keith had up and quit pinball. Phew ! Glad that was not what happened.

I think in those cases it’s like, there’s nothing you can do. You can concede or wait for 5 moves and lose.

In this case, he totally could’ve won still.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

When I read the thread title I thought it was a metaphor and Keith had up and quit pinball.

He couldn't quit if he wanted to. It's in his blood.

Don't know when he started playing. He worked for an op at one point ( we won't talk about the RFM ball incident ) Developed the skill set to be one of the best pinball players in the world.

Then got interested in designing/building his own game. Which turned into his career with Stern and is an up and coming designer with great games and a bright future in the industry.

And he's a nice man.

LTG : )

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

Jesus. Christ.

Nobody cares.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Yeah look if I play Escher in Brisbane l'll just concede before I even plunge a ball. Doesn't seem odd at all

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stone may be a controversial figure in the world of pinball,

How so?

#142 1 year ago

IS IT BECAUSE HE’S A <moderated> WEATHERMAN?!?

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

It was mentioned in the stream that when the invites went out it was masks and vaccinations mandatory...so some players pulled out, once the regulations were lifted it would have been unfair to change the rule since players pulled out because of it.

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

IS IT BECAUSE HE’S A <moderated> WEATHERMAN?!?

In Florida, weathermen are lightning rods of controversy!

Anybody watching the news in Tampa last night got to see Stone showing off his new world champion hardware!

Memorial Day being a bit of a slow news day, they gave him several minutes to talk about the tournament and pinball before he did the weather. I never thought I’d hear there phrase “guardians of the galaxy code update” on a local news broadcast weather segment, but here we are!

B75E0155-0EE7-42F1-92F9-03E2582BD50C (resized).jpegB75E0155-0EE7-42F1-92F9-03E2582BD50C (resized).jpegEDBFACF3-1B15-4743-8719-2DF410A739E4 (resized).jpegEDBFACF3-1B15-4743-8719-2DF410A739E4 (resized).jpeg

#145 1 year ago

What were seeing here is a mismatch between a long standing culture of pinball that developed organically and the current explosive growth in an age of spectating that's altering the expectations of existing players as well as bringing in heaps more many of whom don't have them to start with.

For most of pinball's life the majority of spectating consisted almost entirely of players deeply invested in the outcome of that particular game whether a few quick house balls or long running slugfest. From the local bar to the world championships it's about the game in progress. We enjoy the blowouts, insane double-danger nudges and huge ball 3 comebacks but we also know they're islands in a sea of respectable but middling games. Many of us have friends we've never met and know nothing about other than their initials and the mutual respect of having spent years trading them back and forth. One only needs look at the view counts of various youtube and twitch clips to see it's the explosive games and highlight clips that sell in that arena compared to the grinding reality of a full tournament feed.

As a spectator I love watching Keith play specifically as well as any high stakes ball 3 so it's obviously disappointing to miss out on that but I'm a player first and I totally get it. Much of pinball is mental. Tourney, bar bet, friendly game or just trying to beat our own personal bests we all take stock of the game and our own play/energy at the start of ball 3 and run through the possibilities and probabilities. Sometimes we decide it's time to concede.

If he'd been ahead at the start of ball 3 and spent 30 minutes running up the score anyway most of us would groan. Only he knows what he had left in the tank so if he felt he didn't have it in him then it was a respectable thing to do. Winning or conceding, plunge->drain has always been an acceptable, respectable and non-controversial way to end a game of pinball. It should stay that way.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In Florida, weathermen are lightning rods of controversy!
    Anybody watching the news in Tampa last night got to see Stone showing off his new world champion hardware!
    Memorial Day being a bit of a slow news day, they gave him several minutes to talk about the tournament and pinball before he did the weather. I never thought I’d hear there phrase “guardians of the galaxy code update” on a local news broadcast weather segment, but here we are!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

link to video, please

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

link to video, please

Can't seem to find a "real" link, here's the facebook link.

If you aren't on facebook, be sure to tell us repeatedly and condescendingly that you are not on Facebook and can't watch the video, and berate those of who are sheep and able to watch it.

https://www.facebook.com/1508080873/videos/578088856968423/

#148 1 year ago

Just looking to add my voice to those speaking on behalf of reason, sanity, and empathy towards real human beings who strive to be the best-in-the-world at anything.

Keith is my favorite player of all time. I was excited to watch him play, but I wasn’t terribly shocked to see him concede his last game. As much as I enjoy elite level performances, I’m not entitled to be entertained by this human being or any other one - something that a lot of sports fans and some pinsiders feel differently about.

Dude probably:

1. Had a plane to catch
    2. Was exhausted
    3. Had pinball design on his mind
    4. Felt he had nothing left to prove
    5. Respects Escher
    6. Is cognizant of how long these tournaments go and didn’t want to further extend the day
    7. Wasn’t enjoying himself after all those hours
    8. Hates Dialed In
    9. Was hungry
    10. Had to take an emergency shit

Or a million other speculative reasons that I’m also wrong about. At the end of the day, it’s none of my business, or anyone else’s. I’m just thankful that I got to watch this amazing showcase of skill FOR FREE. Like, who complains about the best in the world entertaining us for free? Y’all love to prattle on about the entitlement of millennials

As Levi put it, if you have a problem with him conceding a game, then make damn sure when you’re able to compete at his level, you lead by example.

Speaking of Levi. Absolutely loved the energy, enthusiasm, and humor you brought to the booth. Thank you for your passion for this wonderful hobby! Excited for your upcoming event!

#149 1 year ago

I also want to point out that I thought Escher conceding shortly after Keith was, in small part, him returning the gesture. A class act.

As someone said on the stream, if you ask the goat who he thinks the next great player is, without hesitation, he’ll say “Escher”.

Mad respect for both of those current and future legends of pinball.

#150 1 year ago

As I expressed on the mic, in the moment when Keith conceded, I still find his decision shocking. But it's that: HIS decision.
    You can agree or disagree with it, and wonder why all you want. I, too, wanted to see him attempt a comeback of what could have been an another epic pinball moment.

The one thing I will say is this: it was NOT disrespectful to his opponent, Escher.
    Simply go back and watch the VOD just after Escher finished his amazing ball 3. Keith is in the background, applauding with everyone else, and gives Escher a pat on the back as well before he goes up to the game for his concession plunge.

And after he concedes, you can observe him not stomping off in disgust. He goes back to where Escher and Adam were at for more conversation before leaving.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1312226112?t=03h56m42s

There are 435 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwin-plunges-and-walks-off/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.