5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

minikegerator.jpg
    image-753.jpg
    image.jpg
    9412_10152859403105524_1124694442_n.jpg
    photo-6-184.JPG
    001.JPG
    001.jpg
    930eed72-c12e-408d-9167-c72a0e035d32_400-1.jpg
    dbc866f3-5955-4acd-b0b6-b02c71d9e0ae_400.jpg
    Kevs Kegerator.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I just bought an Igloo Kegerator at Home Depot for $159, it was $400 marked down to $200 and they are having a 20% off clearance on appliances. The model number is FRB200 it is in-store only on line it's still $400.
    They also are selling a Magic Chef Wine cooler for $159 originally $549, model MCWBC77DZC.

Steve

dbc866f3-5955-4acd-b0b6-b02c71d9e0ae_400.jpg

930eed72-c12e-408d-9167-c72a0e035d32_400-1.jpg
    #2 5 years ago

That's a great deal, congrats! I love my little two tap Edgestar, but it was closer to $450.
    Load that baby up with a nice IPA and enjoy

Kevs Kegerator.jpg

#3 5 years ago

It would take me a bit to down a keg. How long does the beer keep?

#4 5 years ago

Looks like I need to head out to Home Depot and see if mine is carrying these. We could use one here: Tothesanctum.com

-Jim

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

It would take me a bit to down a keg. How long does the beer keep?

As long as you use CO2 and not air to pressurize the keg, it stays good about 50-60 days.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

As long as you use CO2 and not air to pressurize the keg, it stays good about 50-60 days.

Sounds like a challenge I'd gladly accept!

-Wes

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hutt:

I just bought an Igloo Kegerator at Home Depot for $159, it was $400 marked down to $200 and they are having a 20% off clearance on appliances. The model number is FB200 it is in-store only on line it's still $400.
    They also are selling a Magic Chef Wine cooler for $159 originally $549, model 1000 045 065.
    Steve

Looking for the wine cooler but only shows online. Was that at your store?

#8 5 years ago

Plus no discount online

#9 5 years ago

Damn just called my Home Depot and they said they don't carry it it's an online only item for them.

#10 5 years ago

WOW!! You must have a nice home depot as mine never has this type of stuff.

#11 5 years ago

No luck around here either. On the website it is listed as an online only item. I wonder if someone ordered it but didn't pick it up or maybe returned it?

#12 5 years ago

Yeah that is an amazing find!!! No luck @ my Home Depot either

#13 5 years ago

My HD carries this, I have seen it and been very tempted! Might have to take a ride

#14 5 years ago

When someone buys an online only item and returns it to a store, the store attempts to resell it as an in-store item. They won't return the item back to the warehouse. If it doesn't sell within a certain amount of time, they mark it down heavily to get rid of it.

#15 5 years ago

I was told this was a Black Friday item so they do carry them at the store. The first Home Depot I went didn't have any but they were able to check stock at nearby stores. One store showed it had 12 in stock, so I went there. The guy in the appliance department of the second store, said all they had was the floor model. I asked him to check his stock and he found 12.
    The wine cooler is also an in store item that I found at the same store.
    My cousin found the same deals in Connecticut so it must be going on across the country.

Good Luck,
    Steve

#16 5 years ago

Has anyone stashed a keg fridge in a remote location and ran a line to their bar? Or soda gun?

#17 5 years ago

What store in CT might I ask? I'm checking hamden and north Haven locatuons tomorrow before the blizzard.

-Jim

#18 5 years ago

Try the bridgeport store, I thought i saw them there a while back...

#19 5 years ago

He found it in Fairfield.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Has anyone stashed a keg fridge in a remote location and ran a line to their bar? Or soda gun?

The unrefrigerated beer in the lines would quickly get warm, so you would always have to "let it run" to get to the cold stuff.

#21 5 years ago

This is an online product only. What you got was either a return, a bumped & bruised, or a special order that never got picked up. I am going to guess return/bumped & bruised as that is the only way it should be in clearance. I called my buddy who is a manager at H.D. and that is how he thinks it was in clearance.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hutt:

He found it in Fairfield.

Only one or was there more?

#23 5 years ago

It was not a customer return at the home depot in Gurnee, IL. They had 4 brand new in boxes plus a display all marked down on thursday. Was there 30 minutes ago, all are gone

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What store in CT might I ask? I'm checking hamden and north Haven locatuons tomorrow before the blizzard.
    -Jim

Jim, I believe I saw this in the Trumbull location (Route 111) last week....best of luck!

#25 5 years ago

I checked my local store here. They fed me some line about that one only being sold online and refused to look up anything except a different brand they had in the store (and more expensive). They had the wine cooler that you listed, but after the 20% discount it was $317 final price. It was also a floor model and looked pretty dented on top.

Glad some of you guys are getting a deal on this stuff. Me, not so much.

#26 5 years ago

I bought 2 of them in early december for $249 each I think. make a great addition to the game room. Great price now, wow.

#27 5 years ago

I'll be checking here tomorrow!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The unrefrigerated beer in the lines would quickly get warm, so you would always have to "let it run" to get to the cold stuff.

Also - beer turns to foam at 40 degrees. It's more trouble than it's worth to try to use it remotely.

Also - check the price of kegs where you live. Here in SE Wisconsin domestic kegs have gone up to $92 - or 4.6 cents an ounce. I can buy 16oz cans for about the same price. The keg has foam/waste, needs CO2($), and will go bad in 30-60 days. Cans stay fresh much longer - with no waste.

If you prefer draft, it might work for you. If you are doing it to save money, it is going to depend on where you live and the cost of a keg.

#29 5 years ago

These are not returns the one I bought is brand new in the box, the store I bought it at (syosett, ny)had 12 kegorators new in box and 8 wine coolers. The web site says in-store only but that isn't the case. If you ask them they can check if any area stores have them. When they checked for me 3 stores had them, I went to the closest one.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

True. But I bet you could set up a gated Y valve that would allow you to flush the line with water between uses. Not sure if mold would be a problem though.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

True. But I bet you could set up a gated Y valve that would allow you to flush the line with water between uses. Not sure if mold would be a problem though.

Sure, you could use a solenoid valve from a washing machine, call the beer side C and the water side H......ultimate Kegerator hack.

#32 5 years ago

That's a great deal. The only thing stopping me is that it would result in drinking a lot more beer. There are problems and 'problems' I guess

#33 5 years ago

I've had my kegerator for 9 years now. It's a professional "Beveragaire" model BM23.

It's a mandatory mancave accessory.

001.jpg

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I've had my kegerator for 9 years now. It's a professional "Beveragaire" model BM23.
    It's a mandatory mancave accessory.

001.jpg 39 KB

All of the beers in the world you could put on draft and you chose heineken?

#35 5 years ago

damn, my hd only had the wine fridges left :/ However the 6.0 freezer was there......

#36 5 years ago

saw 4 of these at my local home depot yesterday afternoon. thought about it but passed.
    had to go back to HD around closing time, they had 1 left and I couldnt resist this time so it came home with me.

Reviews are iffy, complaints about the small co2 tank and poor thermostat/regulator resulting in frozen or lukewarm beer.

What are peoples experience with this?

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's a professional "Beveragaire"

I had a HD model for 4 years, I also got it on sale, I believe around $150ish marked down from $450?, the beer was "just" cold, (using radiate cooling) then it gave out this past year . I bought a Beveragaire from webstaurantstore (saving $1000) for $1200 with free shipping. Now my beer stays at 33 degrees with forced air refrigeration, best money spent.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/beverage-air-bm23-b-black-beer-dispenser-24-1-keg-kegerator/185BM23B.html#reviews

001.JPG

#38 5 years ago

I'd have to part with a pin to make room for it. Hmmm...

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

All of the beers in the world you could put on draft and you chose heineken?

Heineken on tap is a thing of beauty. The bottles...not so much.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I'd have to part with a pin to make room for it. Hmmm...

you could always get the mini kegerator for the 1-2 gallon size kegs like guiness or Heineken's sell in liq stores. That should fit under a pin.

#41 5 years ago

Agree with badpenny and gatecrasher on the Bev-Airs. Think you get what you pay for in this department. Had mine for 6 years and no issues. These things are build to last....

photo-6-184.JPG

#42 5 years ago

I'll stick with mine

9412_10152859403105524_1124694442_n.jpg
    #43 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikerob34:

Had mine for 6 years and no issues.

They are restaurant grade units, just be prepared they are a little loud.

#45 5 years ago

They sell a GE 5.0 cubic freezer (chest style) (I said 6 in my last post, sorry). That I think works well for taps. I think people fit three 5 gallon soda kegs in it.

#46 5 years ago

Nothing at 2nd one. One more to try then I can't hit anymore. Road ban tonight for blizzard.

#47 5 years ago

Tried to hit mine up. All gone throughout the region, but the appliance guy in one store advised they had them (until yesterday). Then I got the itch and started looking around - found a 5-year-old Beverage Air for $600. Good deal or waste of money? york.craigslist.org link

Looks to be in very nice shape

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

found a 5-year-old Beverage Air for $600

Could be a good buy, also, they can be worked on like regular frig units not like the HD units

#49 5 years ago

A good test is place a glass of water in the unit and check water temp after a couple of hours and overnight.

#50 5 years ago

Strike number 3. Whole pile of beverage/wine fridges.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 20.00
    $ 10.00
    Tools
    Granby Games
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside