Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191213_192507[1] (resized).jpg
20191126_174028[1] (resized).jpg
20191125_201833[1] (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
dd8e059874c38a95abafd1020c611de5700d11fb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

I am looking at wiring diagram for black hole ,8 vac comes from transformer goes through fuse F5 then trough bridge rectifier if the bridge rectifier is bad it will crete short and blow fuse .The driver board usually is not a issue since it only controls path to ground and if your blowing fuse your short is on power side

Yes, the original bridge rectifiers in the SYS 80’s were problematic and should be replaced. Plus there was a ground issue with these necessitating a ground mod procedure, I don’t have details.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Ok Thank you Pintime & Hawknole very much! I will be checking that as soon as I get home from work this eve. /// please forgive my ignorance as this is my very first Gottlieb & I thought all of the Bridge rectifiers were on the boards , I actually traced the wires earlier to one of those but did not realize what it was , they are under the playfield 3 of them next the transformer

Yeah, those guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeps-blowing-fuse-gottlieb-system-80b-?tu=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.