Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Strohz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a line on a pin, but it's long distance.

I've never done this with shipping and wire transfers.

Can someone please walk me through the process?

Seller will ship to me STI insured and shipping is included in the price (IOW seller will pay for shipping).

He's a longtime member of Pinside but I have not spoken to him prior he doesn't post here a lot.

#2 6 years ago

Note: I'm not getting any bad vibes but I'm just worried regarding sending a wire transfer to a bank. I'm sure it happens all the time but what am I to look out for?

#11 6 years ago

TX to Maryland

Owner just bought it new just a few weeks ago but needs to get money, said he'd put it back in the box with packing material.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I've bought and shipped several,>6, with out issues.
    Just be smart but you don't have to avoid it just because it is shipping from TX.
    Sometimes you just can't get it locally which is the case in GA.
    I am surprised you are shipping a new game though. Is he really discounting it that much? You can prob match the cost or very close if you bought NIB yourself.

it's around $900 less than I can get a NIB, if not that, I would just buy new.

#23 6 years ago

What about the funds transfer. Seller wants wire transfer (which doesn't give me any protection)?

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Vids guide to buying...
    Escrow account...
    Is this a Hobbit by chance?

no it's not.

2 weeks later
    #38 6 years ago

update 2 weeks later

thanks for the replies, I didn't want to go into exhaustive details before but I got the pin and lived to tell. I did a wire transfer that was sweaty palms business. But I had a GREAT seller and I think he went above and beyond to make it easy and stress free.

here is the details (posted in another thread)

I was looking for a Woz and specifically a RR with the 2.0 light system. Of course there are countless used Woz pins but specifically new RR with 2.0 system are not for sale in abundance.
    Anyway found myself with money and found a motivated seller it was a perfect match. He needed to sell so his price was great and he was willing to ship.
    However the pickle was that Vid says never ever wire money. As noted in the thread how not to get ripped off. I know it was not my ideal but it was either wire money or lose the pin. This was not a road trip it was 1400 miles shipping.
    So a couple things, the seller is a Pinsiders and he is medium well known on Pinside. I mean he's not a well known Pinsiders but he's not a newbie.
    A) he has a few real business which he notified me of, he's on those web sites with his name and picture
    B) he has Facebook which I was able to look at and he looks normal
    C) he has eBay for 15 years with 100% approval (I checked out he was who he said on eBay) I looked at his sale history which included selling full pins.
    - I had him contact me with his eBay account to assure it was indeed his account.
    D) he has a phone and we communicate live as well as him sending me videos of himself and his business store and his pins, showing he is who his not someone who says he is not someone who just got all the above mentioned identity events correct. His video matches his Facebook, his business websites and his pin collection from Pinside.
    Still I was nervous to wire the money as the banker told me once she pushes the send button the money is gone. But I had got such good vibes (the opposite of the first post in this thread).
    I'm not saying what I did was the smartest thing in the world but hopefully it will work out, I did get the pin today but not set up yet.
    Was sent by seller STI fully insured for more than the sale price.

Priced this pin new and I saved greater than $1200 by buying long distance

#39 6 years ago

The pin is absolutely beautiful, had more plays than I was expecting 900+ but it looks brand new.

I was not expecting it to, but it has RadCals which I love and the seller didn't know either but I can definitely see they are very thick plastic glossy cabinet decals

IMG_3317 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeping-your-power-dry?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.