Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Strohz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

TX to Maryland
    Owner just bought it new just a few weeks ago but needs to get money, said he'd put it back in the box with packing material.

Having just put a BM66LE back into it's original box (because Stern F*cked up and had the wrong playfield fitted in it - but that's another story), I can quite categorically say, you can't get it any where near back to the protection it had when it first arrived.

It needs packaging properly, preferably by someone who has done it before and knows how to do it.

I wouldn't consider buying a pin sight unseen (in person) from someone I didn't know and trust a lot. Let alone have it shipped without seeing it.
    There's too many possibilities of it arriving damaged and the seller saying it was damaged in transit, it may actually be damaged in transit, etc. etc.

I'd go with the advice of others and wait for one to come up locally - even if it's a long wait.

If you MUST have it, reach out to somebody from the pinball community (preferably somebody you actually know) near the seller who would be prepared to give it a look at, and play test first, as well as help with the packing.
    I've done this on 3 occasions, twice the person advised me not to buy, the third time they pointed out a couple of minor issues, and I then travelled the distance to see for myself.

It's likely that it's going to be a not insignificant amount of money you're spending - the question is how much would you be prepared to lose if it arrived in bits?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeping-your-power-dry?tu=WJxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.