9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by node
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I recently bought my first pin, I'm currently working on it in my garage. The only problem is it's unpowered and too far from my flat to run power. I can get a generator but obviously can't run that 24/7.

I play to seal and insulate the door, walls and roof but will that be enough to avoid the kind of temperature and humidity levels/changes that can damage pins? I've researched heating options and it looks like I'm pretty short on options. Here's a top down view of the flat block to make it clearer why I can't run power there!
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Surbiton/@51.3946513,-0.3037082,101m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48760bc9ef24eda9:0x2d23a84f8b3f135a (You'll have to copy and paste the link, the forum snips it off)

#2 9 years ago

Free bump

#3 9 years ago

You need some kind of active heat/dehumidifier .

Swings of humidity will crack the playfield.

In the USA you can ask the power company to meter a garage separately on its own drop, or you can "strand" a line to another building. Not sure in the UK, and the Google image is unclear where you live in relation to the garage.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks vid. I'll try and find out if there's a way to do something like that in the UK too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeping-pins-in-detached-garage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.