(Topic ID: 283857)

Keeping Pinburgh alive in your home/location: What games did you get?

By Whysnow

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by HIPPY
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.37.48 AM (resized).png
131305007_641056263516742_7579295791617759694_n (resized).jpg
DrD-on-Rottissorie (resized).JPG

#1 10 months ago

I like to try and find the positive.
2020 sucks, Pinburghs death sucks, but the reality of 400 games getting out into the world is a silver lining.

Curious what games you got and your plans for them?

What games did you miss and wish you had?

I personally inquired about a handful of games. Really wanted the Hoops and surfer and aragosy as they all had some personal significance to me.
Ended up grabbing the Super Orbit which arrived in Chicago and I am picking up at a friends house in a few weeks. Excited to get it home, give it a once over, and share it on route in the future (post covid world)

Anyone else care to share/ Would be cool to hear what happens as these games with history are making their way out into the world.

#2 10 months ago

Tried to buy Jackbot, Gator, Congo, Deadly Weapon, and Car Hop... only managed to get Congo. Gave it a full shop job despite it being pretty clean already, playing good in my line up now, although I'm not sure if it's gonna be a keeper now that I've played it a bunch

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tried to buy Jackbot, Gator, Congo, Deadly Weapon, and Car Hop... only managed to get Congo. Gave it a full shop job despite it being pretty clean already, playing good in my line up now, although I'm not sure if it's gonna be a keeper now that I've played it a bunch

congrats! Love that game. Set it up hard and explore! It is a fun choose your own adventure type game.

I have owned one for a long time and is still a staple because the ruleset is so different but it plays so smooth!

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats! Love that game. Set it up hard and explore! It is a fun choose your own adventure type game.
I have owned one for a long time and is still a staple because the ruleset is so different but it plays so smooth!

It's still set up just like it was at papa. Outlanes all the way open, rubbers removed, tight tilt, flippers flopped

I'm finding the ruleset feels pretty similar to my black rose, but could use a bit more tweaks and polish

#5 10 months ago

Anyone else?

#6 10 months ago

Seems like Folks are keeping this secret. Don't blame them.

#7 10 months ago

Yes. I got some

#8 10 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Seems like Folks are keeping this secret. Don't blame them.

I am not sure I understand why someone would keep it a secret? Am I missing out on a reason for that?

3 months later
#9 7 months ago

I’m local and live in Pittsburgh but didn’t buy any games from PAPA. I had about 8-12 different titles on loan for Replay over the last 3-4 years, so it was like adding machines back to my collection and didn’t feel the need to get any more.

If you played in any of the 3 ReplayFX tournaments (Pinburgh, Wipt, or intergalactic)... you may have played one of the loaner games in some fashion if you played: (Gottlieb) Atlantis, High Hand (one was mine other was PAPA’s), Sinbad, Spirit of 76, Target Pool (champagne edition), Night Rider(nice one), Old Chicago(nice one), Lectronamo (only 1 year, nice one), El Toro (papa had one too), Lost in Space (Nice one, but was only for one year as it played too long so was pulled, put in Freeplay the following year), ....and a couple in the freeplay.

#10 7 months ago

I’ve got their Black Jack and No Fear and they are the best playing black jack and no fears in the world!

Not a single LED either for you old schoolers.

#11 7 months ago

Got a Dr Dude and currently reverbing it. (NOS DP playfield)
Cab getting new art now, also armor getting some PC.
Papa spirt lives on.

DrD-on-Rottissorie (resized).JPG
2 months later
#12 4 months ago

I bought three games. The beautiful Split Second was my original game that I sold ReplayFX years ago. Perhaps many of you have played it. Happy to buy that one back. It made a recent appearance at the 2021 Pinbrew Show in Ohio. Runner up for Best SS. Also bought a Force 2 and Night Rider EM. Set the Night Rider up the other day (finally) and it plays mean. Have left the ReplayFX apron cards in all three games. Really cool that the Night Rider EM has been played by every great pinball player in the world.

131305007_641056263516742_7579295791617759694_n (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.37.48 AM (resized).png
#13 4 months ago

Two members of our group added eight games to The Pinball Asylum from the sad dispersal of PAPA's collection.

We got a few classics, and some real oddball games, 'cause we love our oddball games here at The Pinball Asylum:

Aerobatics
Argosy
Attila The Hun
Big Flipper
Diner
Fairy
Fire
Jackbot

A few issues noted on arrival, but all are up and running now.

I'm also pretty certain that several of these are going to make it into IFPA17 in May of 2022 at The Pinball Asylum.

#14 4 months ago

I'm still bummed I didn't go down there and grab their Transformers Pro. But the world was a bit too crazy at that time for me to make the trip. I ended up buying a different one since then, but if anyone that got the Transformers with the plaque (there were 2 copies, one with it and one without it), I'd still buy it and just sell the other one I bought since if the new owner was willing to sell. That exact one was my favorite game in their entire collection (there is no accounting for taste ).

1 month later
#15 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm still bummed I didn't go down there and grab their Transformers Pro. But the world was a bit too crazy at that time for me to make the trip. I ended up buying a different one since then, but if anyone that got the Transformers with the plaque (there were 2 copies, one with it and one without it), I'd still buy it and just sell the other one I bought since if the new owner was willing to sell. That exact one was my favorite game in their entire collection (there is no accounting for taste ).

There is one listed on the classified.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside