7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

One of the great things on this site is being able to search through who has what machine. Sometimes its worthwhile to message people and just ask if they are willing to sell.

The flipside is that many of us have machines that are never leaving our collection and it can get a little old telling people no. So, why not add a flagg aka checkbox that would indicate whether a person is willing to sell/trade each machine in their collection? If you wanted to take it further it could be tied into the map so that people could see who within a certain distance has a specific title they are willing to let go. It could also be used for pinsiders looking to buy locally or on a trip just to know who they might want to contact.

Any thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

Everything can have it's price sometimes. Throw out a crazy enough offer and most people would take it. I've bought many "Not for sale" items in the past. I've sold multiple keeper items too.

In the end, sale or not regardless of which side of the trade/sale I'm on it usually ends up in a fun conversation because we both obviously share a common interest or enthusiasm for something.

#3 7 years ago

To quote one of my high school teachers "Everything I own is for sale if the price is right".
    All of my games are for sale if the money is crazy. (Hint: They're not worth it!)
    Although having a "Never for sale" flag wouldn't hurt anything.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

To quote one of my high school teachers "Everything I own is for sale if the price is right".
    All of my games are for sale if the money is crazy. (Hint: They're not worth it!)

It doesn't have to be never for sale. It could simply be a this is for sale/trade so that people know the other really isn't.

As for the everything is for sale with enough money, that is true, but pinsiders don't typically abide by that. Lot of time they want things cheap or think you will sell something hard to replace for the average rate. Its fine, but when you are cold calling someone about letting go *insert hard to find game here* it tends to irritate those that don't want to sell.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I think your teacher was right. I mentioned that I've sold keepers that I'd have sworn I'd never part with in my lifetime. Situations can occur in people's lives whether it be family/medical/financial that truly make things seem less important. Heck, usually all it takes is a crazy enough price so that someone can trade up for something better (and I see nothing wrong with that).

That being said, I don't think a keeper flag would make a lick of difference. Not one bit.

If somebody wants something, they're going to message you. Hopefully they're polite and you can have a fun time discussing the machine with a fellow enthusiast.

#6 7 years ago

I have learned there is no such thing as "never leaving the collection". Except for the few I have marked down as keepers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeper-flag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.