(Topic ID: 251632)

Keep your powder dry for Deeproot........NOT!

By thedarkknight77

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3bk8et (resized).jpg
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    buttspray.gif
    #1 4 years ago

Who else was keeping their powder dry for Deeproot??? Well, I was, but not anymore. Given the latest news, they lost my $10k+ I was reserving for their assumed November reveal. I spent that 10k+ like a kid in a candy store! Sorry Robert, I held out for a while, but you guys dropped the ball. I am sure Stern is thanking you as I assume they will benefit the most. If only Jack could get GNR on the line ASAP!!

#2 4 years ago

Monday night is always a nice night for a cool, refreshing adult beverage. Pouring myself one now.

#3 4 years ago

Powder dry? Is that Northern slang for something?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Original reference to gunpowder in the 1800s.
    In pinball, holding cash in ones wallet.

In this case, not deep rooting deep root.

#5 4 years ago

aka...blowing your wad?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

You’ve heard of “dry powder” which is cash or liquidity. Well that expression comes from being prepared to strike at anytime or Keeping your powder dry.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

heard of “dry powder” which is cash

nope, never heard of dry powder meaning cash

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Monday night is always a nice night for a cool, refreshing adult beverage. Pouring myself one now.

I limit myself to just the days ending in “y”.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

nope, never heard of dry powder meaning cash

Financial term. In Berkshire Hathaway Warren Buffet has about 100 billion of “dry powder” waiting for opportunities to buy stocks on sale

In this case, cash reserved for pinball
    Machines

#10 4 years ago

...Given the latest news, they lost my $10k+ I was reserving for their assumed November reveal...

Was there some news? Didn't see it in the Deeproot thread.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Thank you! I'm curious as well

1 week later
    #12 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

It’s from much earlier than the 1800’s. On sailing warships gunpowder was kept in barrels. Once opened they became wet and useless after a few days due to the sea. So if you were going into battle, you’d better be damned sure that you needed your powder before you busted open one of those barrels.

#13 4 years ago

Who else was keeping their powder dry for Deeproot??? Well, I was, but not anymore.

Not really a big fan of any of their titles so not saving up no.

#14 4 years ago

I do hope the Deep Root gang are paying attention.

All of their hype has been geared to appeal to least emotionally balanced among us - those who wake up every morning praying for their "Jesus Pin." Indestructible playfields! 200 new innovations! Literal smoke, mirrors, and lightning!! 15 new titles!!! 10-year warranties!!!

The people they've most deeply and emotionally connected to with this pitch are also those who are least emotionally equipped to handle the inevitable disappointment that comes with all pinball reveals.

When they FINALLY reveal games, and it turns out they are not in fact life-changing, religious experiences, and are actually just pinball machines, it's going to be tough for these folks to handle. I mean you see it right here - a meltdown because they haven't even REVEALED yet! Can you imagine what happens when the games are actually shown to the public and it turns out what they promise is short of actual spiritual enlightenment?

So what do you do then? You just throw in with the Sterns, the JJPs, and the spookys of the world - you know, people who just make ordinary old pinball machines, not world-altering experiences that rival anything the prospective buyers have ever known in their empty lives.

And how is that going to play out? The world is already full of companies who provide that to buyers.

On the 875th day of Deep Root, when the reveal finally happens, I'm going to be a bunker somewhere just to be safe.

#15 4 years ago

I keep my powder dry just in case the 80s ever happens again.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

It’s from much earlier than the 1800’s. On sailing warships gunpowder was kept in barrels. Once opened they became wet and useless after a few days due to the sea. So if you were going into battle, you’d better be damned sure that you needed your powder before you busted open one of those barrels.

We're not worthy!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I keep my powder dry just in case the 80s ever happens again.

Well that explains the avatar

#18 4 years ago
    buttspray.gifbuttspray.gif
    #19 4 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Well that explains the avatar

It seemed more appropriate than this guy.

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
    #20 4 years ago

If you want to learn how us Texans refer to this concept, go check out the song “nights pay in my boot” by the great max stalling. Good life lesson in this tune and also references “keeping your powder dry”. Here is link: https://open.spotify.com/track/6q82pdcKcdVvwsmBcYItP0?si=Ib72lgpbSRKR0wSm-JqJjQ

Only positive comments welcomed. Lol

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Nothing new just continued delays in showing anything. No news is not good news in this case.

#23 4 years ago
    3bk8et (resized).jpg3bk8et (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keep-your-powder-dry-for-deeprootnot?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.