(Topic ID: 282322)

Keep Elvira or get Guardians of the galaxy?

By BroMan90

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BroMan90
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4137CEC5-8213-47AD-AA58-34ECF9E54767 (resized).jpeg
    20200902_180220 (resized).jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Hey guys!

Just looking for some opinions. I only have a few pins, my best being a nice Elvira's House of Horrors premium. Love the game and all the multiballs, but lately and especially with Christmas coming I've been tossing around the idea of selling it and getting a new in box Guardians of the Galaxy pro with a little extra cash in my pocket. I already know I like GoTG and have already played it a lot as we have one nearby on location, but Elvira on location is nowhere to be found around here.

Id like to know what you all think. What would you do?

KEEP Elvira's House of Horrors
    OR
    Sell for Guardians of the Galaxy Pro with some extra cash in pocket.

20200902_180220 (resized).jpg20200902_180220 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

I’d keep Elvira. The code is far deeper than GOTG. That being said, GOTG will be fun for a month or two, but I just think EHOH has more staying power.

#3 3 years ago

Can't really answer the question but I like the dog standing up on the barstool.

#4 3 years ago

I would keep elvira.

#5 3 years ago

If you're done with EHOH, move on. You can always get another one down the road. My games typically last around 6 months before I put them up for sale/trade. Even keepers leave eventually.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

If you're done with EHOH, move on. You can always get another one down the road. My games typically last around 6 months before I put them up for sale/trade. Even keepers leave eventually.

I do agree with this. I play my games a LOT. So even the best ones will get stale after a while. What keeps them around longer is to rotate to playing other games for a bit.

#7 3 years ago

Keep EHOH, as you stated GOTG is readily found on location. I like the idea of having those harder to find pins in the house. Elvira is the better game.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Can't really answer the question but I like the dog standing up on the barstool.

Lol my dog LOVES playing pinball with us. She prefers EMs though, I assume its easier to see the ball.

#9 3 years ago

Why are you limited to GOTG? Either way... I’d sell Elvira now if you’re bored of it. You can always buy it again next year

#10 3 years ago

elvira all the way. it plays smoother, funner, and the art is better. plus, gotg is a borg retheme from met, so elvira all the way

#11 3 years ago

Well you already own the better of the two.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

elvira all the way. it plays smoother, funner, and the art is better. plus, gotg is a borg retheme from met, so elvira all the way

Thank you, that is a good opinion

#13 3 years ago

If you eliminate all other considerations, such as potential cash needs, and just look at the pins themselves, then Elvira is the clear winner. GOTG is fun, but like at least one other person said, it will get old more quickly. Elvira is about as deep and entertaining of a pin as you will find.

#14 3 years ago

Another vote here for Elvira. In my opinion Elvira is the far deeper game with more toys / features and much more licensed assets.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

Now that is good advice.
    I whole heartedly agree.
    Variety is the spice of life.
    The excitement of a new game in the lineup keeps everyone engaged and all of the games receive more play as a result. So, in order to enjoy your collection to the fullest, move games in, out and around.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another vote here for Elvira. In my opinion Elvira is the far deeper game with more toys / features and much more licensed assets.

This. GOTG is great for a break from another game or a quick rush to get a new game.. but the rush fades and you want to go back to some more involved games

#17 3 years ago

why not consider another game instead of just gotg? deadpool, turtles, batman 66?

#18 3 years ago

GOTG is a euphoric rush. Great game. Fun game. Gorgeous game.

Elvira might be better overall, but so what? If you want something new, change it up. Playing on location totally sucks compared to the game in your home. If Elvira isn’t doing it for you right now and you feel like pushing play on GoTG over and over in the wonderful privacy of your own home, switch it up!

If the hobby has shown us ANYTHING over the years, it’s that every game is basically available most of the time. You can always re-acquire a game. Especially pros and premiums.

#19 3 years ago

BTW, I wish you were closer! I’d trade you my XMEN LE plus cash for that Elvira!

My XMEN is a good example of my previous comment. Game is loaded. Game is deep. Game is fun (it’s totally underrated). But I’ve played the heck out of it, gotten to both Wizards, and have had it over a year. I have space for 4 games, and MMR and Wonka aren’t going anywhere, so somethings gotta go and XMEN will get me the most $ back towards my next game. I’d love to keep it, but it’s my least played game right now and I want something new.

If I regret selling it, I’ll buy it again. But I’ve never regretted selling a game, and I’ve owned a few of the best IMO.

#20 3 years ago

I'd keep Elvira. As others have said, GOTG is good for a few hours, but to me loses it's "wanna keep hitting the start button" factor. Was just playing my bud Rob's EHOH Prem last night, and could've kept hitting the start button all night. Fun shots, fun game and good rule set. I've played a few others, and actually want to buy one now.

Plus...it's Elvira. Always pleasant on the eyes.

#21 3 years ago

EHOH has a great Lyman rulesheet. GoTG is fun but not nearly as interesting to play. Keep Elvira.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

BTW, I wish you were closer! I’d trade you my XMEN LE plus cash for that Elvira!

BTW Nelson...laughing my ass off at your Mother Teresa avatar.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

EHOH has a great Lyman rulesheet. GoTG is fun but not nearly as interesting to play. Keep Elvira.

Especially with the updated code.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'd keep Elvira. As others have said, GOTG is good for a few hours, but to me loses it's "wanna keep hitting the start button" factor. Was just playing my bud Rob's EHOH Prem last night, and could've kept hitting the start button all night. Fun shots, fun game and good rule set. I've played a few others, and actually want to buy one now.
    Plus...it's Elvira. Always pleasant on the eyes.

so you played Elvira for a couple of hours... how do you know how it lasts? The OP already HAS an Elvira and is clearly bored with it. You can sell your Elvira now and recoup 99% of the NIB price. Just buy another one next year if you still want it...

#25 3 years ago

At the moment people seem to be getting more dough for Elviras than they should be for an "still in production" game.

They will and are making more price probably wont stay where it is so may be a good time to cash out.

Stern is way behind on making new ones but they will... demand is 100% there.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

so you played Elvira for a couple of hours... how do you know how it lasts?

So sorry, wasn't aware I couldn't give an opinion...in a thread asking for opinions.

My post also said I've played a few others. I'd say I've played about 30 or 40 games on EHOH at this point...some experience. I've been in the hobby for 10 years, and have owned a shit-ton of games. And I've played a ton more. I know what I like that has staying power, good rules and is a fun player, versus what I don't get excited about. It's not difficult to assess.

If I lived closer I'd be telling him to sell it. To me.

#27 3 years ago

Re-read the OP’s first post. There’s a GOTG nearby on location. No Elvira anywhere to be found. Easy choice. Go play GOTG whenever you want.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

So sorry, wasn't aware I couldn't give an opinion...in a thread asking for opinions.
    My post also said I've played a few others. I'd say I've played about 30 or 40 games on EHOH at this point...some experience. I've been in the hobby for 10 years, and have owned a shit-ton of games. And I've played a ton more. I know what I like that has staying power, good rules and is a fun player, versus what I don't get excited about. It's not difficult to assess.
    If I lived closer I'd be telling him to sell it. To me.

Of course you are entitled to an opinion, I am also entitled to disagree with yours. In fact I don't even disagree with it, I just found your logic to be flawed since your argument is last ability and you've only played Elvira for a few hours, AND the OP is already bored with Elvira.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Of course you are entitled to an opinion, I am also entitled to disagree with yours.

This

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Of course you are entitled to an opinion, I am also entitled to disagree with yours. In fact I don't even disagree with it, I just found your logic to be flawed since your argument is last ability and you've only played Elvira for a few hours, AND the OP is already bored with Elvira.

Not sure what you’re talking about, but obviously you didn’t read the posts.

I clarified my take on last ability in my last post. And 40 games for me lasts more than just a few hours.

And can you show me where the OP stated that he was “already bored” with the game or he asked about last ability? I’m not seeing it.

He actually said he loves the game and the multiball. And was debating on freeing up some cash.

#31 3 years ago

PM me a price. I can pick up anytime this Friday-Sunday. I'd take that Last Action Hero Also.

#32 3 years ago

GOTG is a fantastic game, lots to do in it fun modes and with the Cleland sound package awesome on the ears. I have owned GOTG twice now got rid of it and then really started missing it so got another. It is a great game for all ages, takes a good layout and adds more to do. With the choose your path it helps to keep the game fresh with ways to play it.

With that being said I also really Enjoy EHOH and would love to be able to find one once Covid dies and Stern is back to putting them out. It is also a very deep game with smooth flowing shots. Can't go wrong with either

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure what you’re talking about, but obviously you didn’t read the posts.
    I clarified my take on last ability in my last post. And 40 games for me lasts more than just a few hours.
    And can you show me where the OP stated that he was “already bored” with the game or he asked about last ability? I’m not seeing it.
    He actually said he loves the game and the multiball. And was debating on freeing up some cash.

Hmmm I don't know, maybe the fact that he is thinking of getting rid of it.

#34 3 years ago

People say to sell ehoh then buy another if you miss it. Good luck with that. Ehoh all the way as a keeper

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

People say to sell ehoh then buy another if you miss it. Good luck with that. Ehoh all the way as a keeper

Why do you think that will be a difficult thing to do? This game will remain in production for 2+ years with the demand it has.

#36 3 years ago

I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a distributor that EHOH is going back on the line soon. Early next year maybe? No idea if true.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a distributor that EHOH is going back on the line soon. Early next year maybe? No idea if true.

More are due in March and April and Stern isnt stupid they realize demand is high... Stern has short term supply issues on every game but they will catch up.

There is already a line up of people waiting on them.

No it will not be hard to get one down the road so anyone hoarding it like its going to be rare or a short run or something is wrong.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

BTW Nelson...laughing my ass off at your Mother Teresa avatar.

Bless you, my brother.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Why do you think that will be a difficult thing to do? This game will remain in production for 2+ years with the demand it has.

That's what they keep saying isn't it? But with backlog and all the new titles, it might be pushed back aways. I do think more will be made. But not soon

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's what they keep saying isn't it? But with backlog and all the new titles, it might be pushed back aways. I do think more will be made. But not soon

The 5000 game back log includes EhoH

#41 3 years ago

Geez, sorry for voicing an opinion. I hope they make more, its such a great game. No intention on selling ours, so not hoarding or price jumping.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Geez, sorry for voicing an opinion. I hope they make more, its such a great game. No intention on selling ours, so not hoarding or price jumping.

Don’t waste your time on @nicoy3k. Lad has been on here for 5 months, and obviously engages in confrontational posting. What a promising start.

4137CEC5-8213-47AD-AA58-34ECF9E54767 (resized).jpeg4137CEC5-8213-47AD-AA58-34ECF9E54767 (resized).jpeg
    #43 3 years ago

I think your pooch is telling you to keep Elvira as you should!

#44 3 years ago

A great Lyman ruleset vs. a not so great non-Lyman ruleset.

Keep Elvira.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t waste your time on nicoy3k. Lad has been on here for 5 months, and obviously engages in confrontational posting. What a promising start.
    [quoted image]

Noted. Thank you!

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t waste your time on nicoy3k. Lad has been on here for 5 months, and obviously engages in confrontational posting. What a promising start.
    [quoted image]

Yes super confrontational. In the real world people have different opinions. Learning how to deal with it is a good idea. A forum should be a place for discussion, not a circle jerk.

#47 3 years ago

EHOH by a mile, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

And Nelson I prefer the Jessica Simpson, but I did get a good laugh out of Mother Teresa.

#48 3 years ago

I’d keep Elvira

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes super confrontational. In the real world people have different opinions. Learning how to deal with it is a good idea. A forum should be a place for discussion, not a circle jerk.

Relax, this isn't Gettysburg.

The OP is just looking for some thoughts an opinions on the two games. You don't have to try to counter everything that is being said.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

EHOH by a mile, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
    And Nelson I prefer the Jessica Simpson, but I did get a good laugh out of Mother Teresa.

Dominus vobiscum my friend.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keep-elvira-or-get-guardians-of-the-galaxy?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.