(Topic ID: 207032)

Keep demolition man or upgrade to ghostbusters pro?

By Pinhead306

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Keep demolition man or upgrade to ghostbusters pro?”

• Ghostbusters 37 votes
    48%
  • Demolition man 40 votes
    52%

(77 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cuss (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys just wondering what your opinion is. I have a demolition man I like the game and think it's definitely an underrated title. It's also 2nd oldest in my collection. I have the opportunity to sell it and buy a used ghostbusters pro. Do you guys think I should keep the demolition man or sell and put ghostbusters pro in my collection for awhile? Thanks

#3 6 years ago

Dm is a lotta fun but id rather own gb.

#4 6 years ago

DM all the way

ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#5 6 years ago

I voted GB bc I don't like how demo man plays but if you like it super value right there.

#6 6 years ago

I've owned DM for 4 years. GB lasted 2 months.

#7 6 years ago

If you like pain get GB.

#8 6 years ago

Well I’d pick Demo Man, but that just because I dislike (hate) GB.

Now go ahead and figure that one. There are things I hate in GB that I love in DM. For instance, I complain about the linear modes of GB, yet all the multiballs in DM are linear as you work up the tree. Why is that? When GB asks me who brought the dog, I’m exasperated and hate it. Yet I start Museum Multiball in DM and I’m thrilled at the sounds and calls. It isn’t that I didn’t like the GB movie, I loved it. But the game just leaves me cold. I’m a decent player, and I love tough games, so that isn’t it. I dislike the “cheap” drains of GB, like jumping from the inlane to the outlane, but that can be fixed, and that is a classic Stern hallmark from the 80s games. I guess it’s not an individual issue of GB, it’s the overall package. I step up to it to play, and I don’t want to. I look around and there is usually a much better game a few steps away, and so I walk away.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well I’d pick Demo Man, but that just because I dislike (hate) GB.
Now go ahead and figure that one. There are things I hate in GB that I love in DM. For instance, I complain about the linear modes of GB, yet all the multiballs in DM are linear as you work up the tree. Why is that? When GB asks me who brought the dog, I’m exasperated and hate it. Yet I start Museum Multiball in DM and I’m thrilled at the sounds and calls. It isn’t that I didn’t like the GB movie, I loved it. But the game just leaves me cold. I’m a decent player, and I love tough games, so that isn’t it. I dislike the “cheap” drains of GB, like jumping from the inlane to the outlane, but that can be fixed, and that is a classic Stern hallmark from the 80s games. I guess it’s not an individual issue of GB, it’s the overall package. I step up to it to play, and I don’t want to. I look around and there is usually a much better game a few steps away, and so I walk away.

It's because DM has those sweet ass combos that you cannot get enough of. GB has none of that.
I agree. I bought it because it come with another pin I bought as a bundle. Planned to sell it after 2 weeks but I cannot see myself doing it now.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's because DM has those sweet ass combos that you cannot get enough of. GB has none of that.
I agree. I bought it because it come with another pin I bought as a bundle. Planned to sell it after 2 weeks but I cannot see myself doing it now.

A combo in Ghostbusters is “Standup target —> Center drain.”

It’s pretty sweet!

#11 6 years ago

I personally would say keep DM it has amazing flow and good rules. Even thought the artwork ain't that great on DM it is still a great game used in lots of big tournament.But, if you have owned this game for a super long time and want to switch your line up i say do it then try something new see how you like ghost buster.

#12 6 years ago

I sold TZ to fund GB and do not regret. Sometimes you just get tired of the games.. even if it's a good title.
And I must say I enjoy GB really much right now. It could use some final polish but I love it when you have build your superjackpot to a very high value and then score big.

#13 6 years ago

I traded my demolition man, kinda regret it. If you like the theme more, get Ghostbusters, but you too may regret getting rid of your demo man. Hard to replace the older willliams pins, they just don’t make them like they used to.

#14 6 years ago

Demo Man with swear roms for the keep! F!ck You! F!ck You! Tilt. Had GB where we play weekly and haven't missed it in the almost year it's been gone. Found one on location, happened to be the same one, after seeing initials. Played it a few times and was like nope, still don't miss it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

If you like pain get GB.

40% of the time I love it and 60% of the time I want to set it on fire.

#16 6 years ago

They are VERY different games.

DM is obviously all flow and combo.

GB is very linear and all about bounce pass and control.

I vote you need a 3rd option... Keep DM and buy GB!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A combo in Ghostbusters is “Standup target —> Center drain.”
It’s pretty sweet!

Haha post of the day!

#18 6 years ago

I vote Ghostbusters!!!

I'm sure you can secure visitation rights for Demo Man.

#19 6 years ago

I burn through games like underwear. My buddy has a Gb pro. It doesn't move me at all. I got a demo man in a package recently. Figured it would be one I would sell to offset cost. No way, I'll keep for a while. A friend of might played it and said, "when you sell, I want it".

However, if you owned it awhile, I don't blame you if you move it. Buy games right and you can play, get out of your system and kick them down the road.

#20 6 years ago

How much more is Ghostbusters?

#21 6 years ago

I really like Demo Man and hope to own one at some point. I wouldn't give up my GB Pro for it though, regardless of how excruciatingly frustrating the game can be.

#22 6 years ago

"...or upgrade to ghostbusters pro?" hahaha that's funny.

I kind of hate GB. Sick of the callouts, the linear progression just sucks, and the cheap drains are no fun. Keep DM and look for a better game to move on to later IMHO.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote you need a 3rd option... Keep DM and buy GB!

Than I'll go #4 and say sell DM and buy something other than GB

#24 6 years ago

Thanks guys great input by everyone. I am going to think about this a bit longer. Cheers

#25 6 years ago

Unless you are absolutely sick of your DM, I believe you'll regret it once it's gone. It's such a great flow game and very satisfying. I tried to like GB, but it does nothing for me.

#26 6 years ago

I used to own DM. I don't miss it too terribly, but I prefer it over GB.

#27 6 years ago

No keen on DM. The artwork and sound suck. GB is in a entirely different league.

#28 6 years ago

GB is a ****** **** of a ****** pin.

DM - **** yeah!

cuss (resized).jpgcuss (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago

That's no upgrade as far as I can tell. Demo Man is way better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keep-demolition-man-or-upgrade-to-ghostbusters-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.