Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Lets
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Scan1 (resized).jpg
    10 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    Scan1 (resized).jpg
    10 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

So I just picked up a Keeney's MAINLINER (shuffle) Bowler. I can't find ANY information online about it . Thankfully it came with a (slightly) tattered schematic. Most importantly, I need one replacement pin. Anyone have any ideas on where I might find one?

The picture below is NOT of the actual machine...mine, while having the same design, the body color is green, not blue. The second pic is off the actual schematic.

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161006_153536_040 (resized).jpgIMG_20161006_153536_040 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Did you try the St. Louis Ball Bowler Company? Send them an email because I find they have much more than listed on there website:
    http://www.stl-bb.com/index.html

#4 7 years ago

Congrats on the bowler.
    I just finished a 51,56 United Classic/Deluxe Lots of fun makin one from two...different years/configuration.
    It looks like you have a single game machine, lucky! much easier to repair.
    If yours has the small pins...good luck...your hosed.
    but if they are the medium size, I think a few places still sell them.
    Do you have the original puck? I had to have one made.
    If it is in pretty good shape, and clean, you should not have much trouble fixin it.
    there are still some parts floatin around for them.
    try to contact Richard in cali. he has a bunch of parts.
    He posts on Mrpinball.com
    Wish you were closer, would love to play that one when you finish it!

#5 7 years ago

Thanks! I sent an email to PRB last night and they referred me to St. Louis Ball Bowler. I'm going to pick the game up right now, and will figure out what size pins I have and see what I can do. The cabinet is in really good condition (other than a "crack" in the wood cover over the pins...which I believe I can repair fairly easily)...the backglass is at the point that I'm probably going to have to repo it (something I've done in the past on another game). The field on this one isn't wood. It's formica... I don't know if that's unusual or not. Been looking for one of these for a while. This is only one of 2 I've found for sale on the west coast...that's in reasonable condition. I'll post some pics later.

I have the majority of the broken pin, and probably could do a half-way repair to it, but would rather replace it. There's 2 pucks with the game, though, they look to be different, yet the same size.

I know Mrpinball.com, get their emails daily. Any further info on finding "Richard in cali."?

Thanks so MUCH! Really appreciate the input.

#6 7 years ago

I believe this is he...
    Richard
    voice: 951-203-7307, fax: 951-203-7307
    32816 Wesley St
    Wildomar, California 92595

[email protected]

#7 7 years ago

Here's what appears to be a nicer schematic on E-bay. ebay.com link: Keeneys Deluxe Mainliner Bowler Schematics Original

#8 7 years ago

Dennis... I saw that schematic on ebay... The one I have is ok..enough. I'm planning on scanning it and redrawing it. $7, Staples will print it.

Thanks

Still working on getting it in the house ... Dang son hasn't come home yet. Gives me a chance to get the UV film up on the windows first.

#9 7 years ago

I'm ahhhh, pretty sure that's NOT where the power cord hooks up.

hahahahahaha

PowerCord (resized).jpgPowerCord (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

The sad part, is it will prob work that way...

#11 7 years ago

It did....I replaced the cord, and attached it properly.

Anyways... I've been trying to find info on this via the net. VERY little info. However, I don't think I have the "Mainliner" bowler. I think that in fact it's the "Bonus" bowler. About the only info I've found is some adds from The Billboard magazine from 1954. The paint scheme in the add is EXACTLY like the machine I have (the pics above are from a machine currently for sale on eBay). My suspicion is that at some point, the backglass broke, and an operator replaced it what what they had at hand....unfortunately, the schematic I have IS for the Mainliner Bowler.

Any input or opinions?

And then, any ideas where I might find the correct schematic, a couple of pins (2 of mine are broken, and they measure 8-1/2"), and lastly..I'd love to find a replacement, correct, backglass. Or even a good pic, or better yet a scan, and I can make a repo.

Thanks!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

unfortunately, there just is not much public info on Keeney games.
    The first thing to do, is remove the glass, and look behind it and see if there are any bulbs that do not have a place on the glass.
    if all the lights line up with the right places on the glass, you are good to go.
    determine if your game has 23/30 scoring, or regulation, I think it will be 20/30. thats how United did it on their 50's bowlers.
    if the lights and glass line up, next determine if you have a single game bowler, or multiple game, I believe you have a single game bowler, which is a whole lot easier to repair.
    That bowler looks the same as Uniteds of that era. so I would bet they use the same parts/identification.
    Chk your score motor parts, if the wipers etc are good, go through that entire machine one part at a time, clean it, lube it if it takes lube, adjust everything, replace the bulbs, and it will prob start working. I think you can use your schematic, for most things anyway.
    I gave you Richards contact info in post #6, call him, and see if he has your pins.
    as far as the glass,...good luck.if it works, leave it.
    also, measure your puck. then, google shuffle pucks. if yours is the same size as whats offered, you have the wrong one. yours shud be smaller in diameter.
    you cannot find the correct size puck anymore, it will have to be manufactured.
    when you get that one going, it will be popular! mine was...fun bowler game.
    lots of work ahead, but well worth it!

#13 7 years ago

It says at the bottom left hand side of the ad that Mainliner is the same game as Bonus Bowler except for the match feature. Does your game have a match feature?

#14 7 years ago

The bulb layout behind the glass is interesting. There's "places" for bulbs, but no bulbs or sockets there. And, with there being two rows (at the bottom), each with 10 locations, one could assume THAT is where the lights for the match feature would be. I'm more of a pinball guy, and in pinball there would be a continuous stepper for the match feature. This bowler has NO stepper like that. There's only three steppers in the back box and they're labeled; Player Unit, Frame Unit and Coin Counter Unit. All three have two coils, one for resetting the stepper. So it would appear, that Keeney manufactured one style of "light board", and just left out the lights and stepper unit for the match feature on the Mainliner. If that's the case, I in fact have the Mainliner and the correct backglass. Good call, thank you.

The reason for my uncertainty is I found on ebay, one being advertised as a Mainliner..and while the BG is the same, the paint is TOTALLY different. The main color is blue, while mine is green...as well as a different design (pics below). I talked to the man selling it today, sent him a bunch of pictures ans he says the "guts" of mine are exactly like his. Really makes me wonder what's up with the two different paint designs.

It came with 2 pucks, different, but both 2-3/16" in diameter (picture below). Weight wise, the solid one is 13.4oz while the one that's hollowed out at the top with the red label is 11.7oz.

The scoring is adjustable (pic of instructions that came with the game below).

Sorry, I don't understand "single game bowler, or multiple game".

Thanks SO much for your input/help. Compared to some of the pinball machines I've gotten, this, doesn't look anywhere near as intricate.

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg

Scan1 (resized).jpgScan1 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Cool, you have a 20/30 game. with double, triple, quad scoring in 2 groups=10 frames, with "shoot again" option in 10th frame.
    and a 1/2 game option, pretty cool for a game that old.
    your glass indicators are, across the top, "you have none", would be for STAR feature, a special frame shot.
    across the bottom, 10 lites would be for a FLASH game, "you dont have"
    and the other missing lites would say things like FLASH, REGULATION, etc. the game you have selected to play. "which you dont have".
    So, a single game with frame scoring and shoot options, a simple one game bowler.
    and yes, one back board, populated for which options would be available on "THIS NEW GAME" they were offering.
    much easier to repair. you should be able to go completely through that machine in about a week, or two.
    the keeney machines look much like the UNITED machines of that era. so, similar age, similar options available.
    thats not gonna be much help, but if you find someone familier with united, they may understand your stuff too.
    can you read your schematic? if so, that is about all you need, and I would be interested in a copy for myself.
    your pucks look ok, not sure, but if you put one on a strike lane, it shud just make both switches on the edges of the lane.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

It says at the bottom left hand side of the ad that Mainliner is the same game as Bonus Bowler except for the match feature. Does your game have a match feature?

Good eye, Dennis!

Quoted from bingopodcast:

What a beautiful stencil! Wow!

Agreed! If I'm reading correctly and you ended up with the green stencil (the guy bowling) instead of the blue stencil (the pins being bashed apart), man...you win. I hope that goes on the end of a row so the stencil can be enjoyed, too.

Kudos on the neat find!

#18 7 years ago

Dr Style...more than happy to get you a copy of the schematic. When I get a chance I'm going to scan it (it's in pretty bad shape, but quite readable) and redraw/clean it up in photoshop. I could email you a copy as either a tiff or PDF (Staples will print them for $7)

Ryan...yes, I have the green version. I talked to the guy with the blue one. Same backglass, same electrical layout inside, same light board with the same holes with missing lights/sockets. Seems very weird to have 2 exact same machines with different paint schemes. Oh well.
    And, it's sitting for now in my dining room all by itself.

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg

Scan1 (resized).jpgScan1 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeneys-mainliner-bowler?hl=lets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.