impulse_crap (resized).JPG
IMG_4659[1202] (resized).JPG
IMG_4624 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_4626 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_4620 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_4616 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_4614 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_4615 - Copy (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I still have games stached away, but from what I can recall, this 1958 is the only
Keeney machine I have. It's red translucent score reels are close to identicle to the
Bally's of the 50s. After picking it up years back, I restored it last Spring. What makes
it different from most P&Bs is once the ball leaves the ramp, it's all air time which is
most likely why (up to this point anyways), all that have played it gives it the thumbs
up..

IMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPG
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

is that bat button mechanically linked to the bat?

There's two large green buttons. The one on the left energizes the ball lift motor which gets the ball
in motion. The one on the right swings the bat. The right button energizes a coil attached to the bat.
This machine has no Replay. I believe it originated in New York.
I do have the 1941 Scientific Machine Batting Practice that still needs to be gone through. The
bat on that one is mechanical by squeezing a handle..

Quoted from Dono:

Did you have issues with having to replace any coils, and if so, I'd be interested in how you came up with a replacement(s).

I don't have a schematic for the League Leader. This machine at one time had survived a flood. The outside cab. needed
much gluing but was able to save the original art.
Knowing that it survived a flood, I was surprise how decent the mechanics were. Never really checking things out
before storing it, I was always a little concerned about the mechanics especially the ball lift, but surprisingly, all
was not bad. Didn't need to replace any coils. Actually I had to add a coil. For some reason, if hitting a Super Home
Run (which doesn't happen often), the game would not start back up after scoring the addition 4 runs. Although it wasn't
hard to figure, I can't remember exactly where I wired in that extra coil, but it did the trick. After repairing the outside,
I did much work on the inside to get it to look the way it is. I traded a decent Bally small ball bowler for the machine. It
may have been a little gamble, but I think it paid of..

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

In the 1950's, Keeney was contracted by American Shuffleboard to build all of the electromechanical scoreboards for their shuffleboard tables.

I never knew. I have two American Shuffle Score Boards. One I believe from the late 40s,
and one from the 60s. Might have just missed the Keeneys. have to take a look..

Quoted from plgg3:

Keeney made excellent shuffle alley machines,very heavy 6 players ,re - tractable pins , 4 different games could be played.

Nice looking Shuffle. Looks to be from 1951/52
Very possibly the first Shuffle having multiple games..

10 months later
#44 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I'm looking for a B4-40 solenoid. Any thoughts on where to get one, or a suitable replacement.

Can you give the physical size of the coil needed? Exact length and close diameter?
A Bally and/or United bowler coil should do the trick if physically matched..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keeney-pin-club-flipper-pre-flipper-all-welcome?tu=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.