Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    keenball2 (resized).jpg
    keenball (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

keenball (resized).jpgkeenball (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

sorry, photo is oddly stretched, but you get the idea.

non-working 1930s keenball a friend found at a local antique spot.

What is it worth? I have always thought it would be cool to have one of these all mechanical games.

#3 7 years ago

is there a mechanical only pinside expert?

#4 7 years ago

Looks like a clone of Baffle Ball. It's worth what you're willing to pay for it. It's manufactured by Keeney, so that makes sense (they did contract manufacturing for Gottlieb, IIRC).

How many are there left in the world? The shooter looks incorrect, but if there was a better pic it would probably help.

Missing instruction card - text is on IPDB. Chunk taken out of wood near shooter.

I'll try to look it up today in the Mr. Pinball or PinballEric price guide and see what I can find.

#5 7 years ago

other pic

keenball2 (resized).jpgkeenball2 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Found the shooter rod! Knob probably broke off, did the wood damage and the rod itself sproinged up onto the playfield.

Shooter rods are commonly damaged or missing on pure mechanical pins.

Wood looks like it will clean up nicely, playfield should as well. Be very careful about cleaning the playing surface if you pick this up.

The paint can be quite fragile and something abrasive like Novus 2 will potentially be the end of it.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Looks like a clone of Baffle Ball. It's worth what you're willing to pay for it. It's manufactured by Keeney, so that makes sense (they did contract manufacturing for Gottlieb, IIRC).
    How many are there left in the world? The shooter looks incorrect, but if there was a better pic it would probably help.
    Missing instruction card - text is on IPDB. Chunk taken out of wood near shooter.
    I'll try to look it up today in the Mr. Pinball or PinballEric price guide and see what I can find.

thanks. Any info on what it is worth is appreciated. I would be planning to buy to keep and have for the collection. Would be a fun piece to restore and a friend in CO turned me on to how cool these can be.

#8 7 years ago

Pure mechanical and early EM games are quite fun. Seeing the evolution of pinball is quite neat in any collection.

I've got my books at hand at home, I'll post values here today. Those are ballparks for a good condition machine - price up or down according to whim.

#9 7 years ago

I saw one of these in an antique shop in Illinois about a year ago. Visiting again and it was gone. I suspect it's the same machine as it's also missing the glass clips. If you look on IPDB you'll notice what I'm talking about. Neat machine. Huge for a pre-war game.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

missing the glass clips

Wondered about that. Don't turn it upside-down.

#12 7 years ago

safe to assume parts to bring these back to life are near impossible to find?

#13 7 years ago

You have to make what's missing - shouldn't be hard. There's not a lot.

#14 7 years ago

175-250 or so should do it. Keen Ball isn't listed, but similar titles are where I pulled pricing, and from pieces missing adjusted down.

Cab looks good, glass is there, playfield should clean up.

I should mention that the Keeney version might be more rare than others. But they made a bajillion Baffle Balls.

#15 7 years ago

When I saw it, it had a tag of $650 or $695 on it.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

$650 or $695 on it.

Good to know.

Well, the typical 'good luck haggling with an antique store' applies, too.

Again, op, it is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

Good luck, hope you pick it up.

#17 7 years ago

Is this keen ball or keen-a-ball? A guy at work has a keen a ball that he may give me once its unburied, supposedly working but i dont know, not sure if its the same game or different, but if you do pick it up, i may be able to help with pics or whatever you need once i get it

#18 7 years ago

Scratch that, different game

#19 7 years ago

thanks for all the info guys.

They want 400 and say they wont budge.

1 week later
    #20 7 years ago

I ran across that same game when I was coming back from picking up a game in Illinois on Saturday. It looked interesting, but I don't have the space... I was wondering if there was supposed to be some kind of back board display? There were mounting holes on the back of the cabinet that looked like something should go there. Maybe just a light?

I talked to the owner for a while. He said somebody just brought it into the shop and he didn't really know much about it. Are you going back to get it?

#21 7 years ago

A Small Cast Metal Marquis with Raised letters against a stippled background like Baffle Ball was Common.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keen-ball-mechanincal-1930s-game-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.